Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who will be the Skins 2nd Corner?

elkabong82

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The winners of their respective position battles will be announced in the coming days. Corner is the most interesting to me. I think Carlos holds on to that #2 spot, and Smoot will be the nickle. I haven't really heard anything in the preseason that would make me think otherwise. Smoot may have played in the system before, but that was a couple years ago. Meanwhile Carlos has been in the system the past two seasons, has shown potential, and supposedly was working with Darrel Green and Deion in the offseason.

Feel free to post your thoughts here. Do you think Smoot will get the spot? Do you think Smoot is the better choice, even if he doesn't get the spot? Or do you feel Carlos is the man for the job

Another year of knowing the opponent, knowing the coaches and knowing the scheme/not having to think, mixed in with an overall better, more agressive team, I think Carlos shows what he can do. Sure I want the pick, but i'll take the deflection, it's still a win for the defense and he seemed able to do that, last year, when the team, overall played well.

Wide recievers hit thier respective stride in thier third year, does that hold any water for corners?

Smoots speed suits him to the nickle and blitzing, but overall, I don't think it matters. We are gonna have a very good secondary(at least I think so) next year. Both of these guys could be playing at an equal level right now(that makes me happy) and they could rotate the entire defensive back squad.

Rogers and Smoot are both jokes at CB right now.

We'll draft or aquire someone good next season, but right now Rogers over Smoot for #2, obviosuly behind Springs. Smoot will see time because SPrings won't play the whole season. He'll miss some and they will give the old guy rest.

Rogers until he injures himself trying for one of those tackles on running back.

I've always thought Smoot was a better CB than Rogers -- but he'd be a great Nickel too.

Frankly, I can see some rotation taking place -- to keep Spring fresher for the long season. We don't look that good when Springs is out, but at least we have proven depth to spell him from time to time.

I would trust Smoot and make Carlos continue to want to prove himself because he has not proven anything yet.

I don't think you can say that Rogers hasn't proven anything yet...he has proven he can't catch maybe...but still has had a decent career with many hopefully good years left in him

The winners of their respective position battles will be announced in the coming days. Corner is the most interesting to me. I think Carlos holds on to that #2 spot, and Smoot will be the nickle. I haven't really heard anything in the preseason that would make me think otherwise. Smoot may have played in the system before, but that was a couple years ago. Meanwhile Carlos has been in the system the past two seasons, has shown potential, and supposedly was working with Darrel Green and Deion in the offseason.

Feel free to post your thoughts here. Do you think Smoot will get the spot? Do you think Smoot is the better choice, even if he doesn't get the spot? Or do you feel Carlos is the man for the job

It will be Carlos Rodgers, baby. He's stronger than Smoot and I believe faster.

Carlos will start, and I think he should. He has looked pretty good so far this preseason, and is definitely more physical than Smoot. Get Smooty in on passing situations, where its less likely he will have to come up in run support and can focus on covering his man.

I'd say Rogers over Fred Smoot. Rogers is an all-rounder cornerback, who's not just a good cover corner(sure, in his second year, he dropped a lot of interceptions, but let's all remember, he's still young), but also a good tackler. Fred Smoot on the other hand is a very poor tackler, according to people on the vikings message board. He's a good cover corner, but not a good tackler. Against Pittsburgh in the preseason, I specifically remember smoot giving big yardage because he couldn't tackle someone--I think it was Santonio Holmes.

Archived