Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who will be the Skins 2nd Corner?

elkabong82

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I watches smooth getting manhandled for 3 quarters than rogers getting it in the 4th...chambers owned all out corners except springs who never covered him...by the way...smoot gave up twice as many yards today...so hate on rogers all you want, he played more solid than the beloved smoot who was a scrub in minny last year and isnt the smoot we used to know

Carlos had a bad game today. He will soon be the corner we all know and love.

I don't know which Rogers you're referring to, but the one I've seen for the past two seasons has generally one solid play followed by ten wannabe rockstar blunders. Where's this love you speak of?

He'd be great if he could be consistant, but until he learns to control his play, it ain't happenin.

Both Smoot and Rodger had thier fare share of bad plays. Smoot kept giving up 10 yard curls to chambers. Neither one of them could check him. I won't even discuss the pass interference on Rodgers.

I like the both of them, it doesn't matter to me. Although SMOOT will make more plays this year over rodgers.

rogers >>> smoot

rogers - 45 yards given up...big pass interference, td given up on a drive that was kept alive on behalf of smoot

smoot - 75 yards given up...numerous first downs given up on the td drive

on top of that...our lb's still cant cover rb's on dump offs...88 yards passing to rb's is unacceptable

Well after today, Carlos "No D" Rogers proved that is not capable or worthy of being the #2. He was picked on, and if the Dolphins had been smart they would have kept going after him late in the game, and probably would've won.

Rogers is pathetic, and needs to go.

Well after today, Carlos "No D" Rogers proved that is not capable or worthy of being the #2. He was picked on, and if the Dolphins had been smart they would have kept going after him late in the game, and probably would've won.

Rogers is pathetic, and needs to go.

then we have a problem...cuz it was pretty obvious the Fins were throwing to whichever side Smoot was on.

Smoot looked just like I remember from his first round here:

- decent on tackling

- always in the vicinity but still giving too much cushion

- lacking in closure speed

He will be eaten alive by #1 receivers just like Rogers. Mark my words. Following your advice...Smoot and Rogers better be packing the same suitcase.

Isn't Carlos the one who got outworked for a TD?

yes...and Smoot is the one who got worked over for 1st down after 1st down. he simply is not a leave him alone cover guy. he is just as frustrating as Rogers. and I can't stand his mouthing/celebrating even on plays when he was obviously beat but the receiver brain*arted and dropped the ball. that happened several times today.

Not sure on the Rogers vs. Smoot argument. MIA seemed to be throwing (successfully) at Smoot most of the game. However, I definitely think Springs should NOT be the nickel guy.

Any theories on why Springs was demoted to nickel? No respect for the MIA's O - keeping him fresh? Test between Rogers and Smoot for #2 before Skins face a better offense? Other reason?

then we have a problem...cuz it was pretty obvious the Fins were throwing to whichever side Smoot was on.

Smoot looked just like I remember from his first round here:

- decent on tackling

- always in the vicinity but still giving too much cushion

- lacking in closure speed

He will be eaten alive by #1 receivers just like Rogers. Mark my words. Following your advice...Smoot and Rogers better be packing the same suitcase.

Even Ray Brown on the post game show was talking about how bad "No D" is. He said that it looks like Rogers has no confidence in himself, and is unsure of what he's suppose to be doing out there. He continued to say that "No D" looks more like a second year player than a third, and his footwork is terrible, and maybe he is better suited for another type of surface.

Which Rogers? The one that drops an INT to send us to the NFC Championship? The one who gets toasted more often than an English muffin? The one who celebrates a receiver falling down as though he made a play?

Rogers = bust. Get over it.

Smoot sucked today, too. I don't understand why Williams has them play seven yards off the line.

I don't understand why Williams doesn't teach his DBs not named Sean Taylor to catch an effing ball.

How long are you going to believe that? Carlos Rogers is the NEW Ade Jimoh.

and for the people who keep talking about throwing to Smoot's side, thats one way to get picks. I remember Champ Bailey used to always bait quarterbacks until they wised up and didn't throw his way anymore.

How long are you going to believe that? Carlos Rogers is the NEW Ade Jimoh.

and for the people who keep talking about throwing to Smoot's side, thats one way to get picks. I remember Champ Bailey used to always bait quarterbacks until they wised up and didn't throw his way anymore.

Except Smoot just kept giving up catch after catch.

Hopefully he'll get back to Smoot form. :cheers:

Archived