Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best player on team?

tonyriggins

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Best bang for the buck?

Best value for $$ spent?

Best effort on the entire team last season??

Best team leader, leading by actions and not words?

Betts....without question. Hopefully the rest of the team can play up to his level this season. If they can.......we are going deep into the playoffs.

Best bang for the buck?

Best value for $$ spent?

Betts....without question. Hopefully the rest of the team can play up to his level this season. If they can.......we are going deep into the playoffs.

you could've driven trucks through the holes he had last year, Large, 18 wheelers. His longest run is 26 yards in his career. I like the guy a lot, he's a solid backup when he's healthy and not fumbling, but he's a backup.

you could've driven trucks through the holes he had last year, Large, 18 wheelers. His longest run is 26 yards in his career. I like the guy a lot, he's a solid backup when he's healthy and not fumbling, but he's a backup.

Yeah...that's a very popular argument around here......but none of it holds water.

You could have driven a truck through the holes? Tell that nonsense to TJ Duckett. He couldn't. Amazing how he couldn't do anything....yet Betts was on pace to break the all-time rushing record by over 600 yards. Totally destroying anything Portis has ever been able to do here or in Denver. That belief is absurd.

Longest run 26 yards? He had 6 runs for over 20 yards last season alone. That is also nonsense.

Add in the fact that he gets paid 1/3rd of our previous starter.....and it is hard to argue that he isn't the best value on our team.

Best bang for the buck?

Best value for $$ spent?

Except, of course, that this is not what the question is. The question is BEST player, and there is no possible way you can equate Betts with being our BEST PLAYER.

IMO, I think our best players are the ones who haven't been healthy enough lately to show off how good they are.

Shawn Springs and CP are the only two players (on offense and defense, respectively) who have absolutely no weaknesses at their positions. I'm sure some will disagree with that notion but I think a majority of the ES'ers out there will agree.

Springs is extremely fast, can tackle like a safety, blitz off the edge, and most importantly, be trusted to shut his half of the field and/or the opponents #1 receiver down consistently.

We all know CP is shifty, quick, and fast enough to take it to the house from anywhere on the field. But that doesn't tell the whole story. He proved in 2005 that he can handle power runs through the inside and adapt to the classic Gibbs running game. He has emerged to join fellow Miami Hurricane alum, Edgerrin James, as the best pass blocking tailback in the NFL. Oh, and for all you Betts fans out there, CP rarely fumbles.

Archived