Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best player on team?

tonyriggins

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Portis, when healthy. Moss would be a close second for me.

Exactly, Portis when healthy (most of time) is a game changer just being in there. Defenses HAVE to prepare/game plan around him, that means more close play at LOS, and that opens up Moss and Company (cooley/el/Lloy etc) If you gameplan to cover our receivers CP will crush you, and let's face it, when he rushes for 100+ we are 15-2, I'll take that.... CP baby!! Let's not forget even without him rushing, he can protect campbell something we NEED to have, and allow for those deep bombs to El and Moss

HAIL

Springs was the best player but he can't stay healthy.

Portis was the best for most of 05.

I'd say the guy you can count on being consistently better than anybody else on the team is Samuels. Nobody else is even close yet but maybe Landry can be eventually.

But it depends on what kind of player you are talking about too.

Smoot has proven to be quite the player. He did set up the Love boat thing and he talks all kinds of **** so you know he's a big time player. :D:D:D

I hate to parse language, but what do you mean by best?

I'm going to negate importance of position, and just think of positions, and what players on other teams immediately come to mind as better.

CP, sorry, two or three other backs who are healthier come to mind.

Samuels is a very good tackle, not a great one.

Moss, injuries again, great player, but there are at least 3 or 4 other recievers I'd take.

You can do this same exercise everywhere on D or O.

Cooley, surprisingly, is pretty high, for me, as most of the really great TEs are older.

But he isn't my choice.

In my book, it is between S. Taylor, and L. Landry.

I think there may be safeties slightly better, but not by much, and I think Taylor will continue to improve.

Honestly, though, I love Landry. 22, already seems to have the maturity (none of Taylor's antics early in career) of a veteran, the poise and intelligence of one, takes the big hit only when there (a shortcoming of Taylor), makes the tackle rest of time.

I can't decide, but since L. Landry has no full season, I'd go Taylor.

True, but if we're on defense, I want Taylor on that field. Monday Night Miracle, Santana's catches rocked, but if Taylor doesn't get that hit on Crayton, we still lose.

If Taylor doesn't recover that fumble in Philly, we may not have made the playoffs.

If Taylor doesn't get that fumble in Tampa, we don't win that game.

If Taylor doesn't get that that return against Dalls, we don't win that game.

Moss is a 9, but Taylor is a 10.

Very true but you don't got nothin' on this. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHZn-aSc30k

Wow, 2 pages and a list of players....and not 1 mention, not 1 word of:

CHRIS COOLEY. The dude is the most consistant weapon on the team. He gives it 100% every single game, harldy ever makes a bad play (i know he had a drop or 2 as some of you are quck to point out), blocks well, and converts little plays into huge gains.

People like to say ST because he changes games or makes game winning plays. So does cooley.

He bails out our QB more than anyone and is a model citizen.

Seriously, pay the man his money.

I'm gonna have to agree with Skins24 here. The man is CLUTCH!

Guest RideorDieChic

Taylor and Portis are both impact players

Cooley and Moss are work horses...

*drum roll*

my vote goes to : Sean Taylor [hands down]

p.s. is funny you forgot Cooley yet have players who haven't played a down with the team i.e Landry and others. Cooley ought to be a tad up in harms with your short memory. *smile*

In my opinion, I think our best player is Randy Thomas.

He's a monster, and he gets overlooked. The guy is one of the best guards in the NFL. His pass blocking is excellent, and his run blocking is best on the line. He pulls WAY out in front,, very athletic, very MEAN and very strong.

~Bang

Defense

#1 Fletcher

#2 Laundry - I know he hasn't played a reg season game yet but I have a really good feeling about this kid. 3 games in, the whole league will be talking about him. Your are going to hear his name more the Taylor in part because he is the SS.

Offense

#1 Moss

#2 I can clump almost the rest of the offense after that. I'm hoping Campbell is #2. Cooley is up there but so is Portis, Betts, Randel, Etc.

Players I think would do amazing things if given some touches.

Rock and Sellers. I would really love to see Sellers get a series a games this year. If he gets a first down. Run him a few more times. 3-4 rushes in a row, 1-2 first downs, the stadium would be going nuts.

This is the best roster we have had since Gibbs returned. It's really nice what we have grown into. This feels like a Gibbs roster.

It may have taken them longer then any of us would have liked, but I think this front office finally pulled it off and Gibbs ran a great camp and offseason.

I was going to go with Landry as well. However we need to see him in a real game. Lots of people are picking him for the Def. Rookie of the year. If he's that good I'd say have an awesome year and be the Defensive player of the year. I hope he's half as good as people are touting him to be:applause: ST is going to have a monster year flying around and not so much delivering blows but getting pics. Think about it...Shawn Springs healthy, Carlos Rogers. The possibilities are endless. But that's from a HOMER:D

Wow. I can't believe Santana Moss isn't running away with this thing. I mean this guy has been nothing but amazing since he got here. The first reciever since the Posse to actually merit comparision to members of the Posse. The guy hustles and he makes big plays. 14-13, The Jax game last year, The Seattle game in 05, the game at KC in 05, the guy is big time. All the while he's catching passes from Mark "I was washed up three years ago" Brunell. Without a doubt the best player on this team.

Archived