Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best player on team?

tonyriggins

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Except, of course, that this is not what the question is. The question is BEST player, and there is no possible way you can equate Betts with being our BEST PLAYER.

It just depends on what you consider the best.

A guy that was on pace to rush for 600 more yards than anyone in history?

Yeah, I would say that was the best on our team.

And a guy that did that when we had no playoff hopes to play for, against all odds and expectations? Again, easily the best on our team last year.

And the guy that everyone agrees was the single mvp of the team last season? The o-line was good....but as far as individuals go, he was easily the mvp.

MVP=best player on your team. And yes, that is Betts right now.

Maybe it's a bit blasphemous to some of the Sean Taylor lovers (I think he's great as well, don't get me wrong), but I think in short order Laron Landry will be the best player on this defense.

It's not blasphemous -- ST is by far my favorite Skin, but Landry looks like a complete beast -- I love that both guys are on our team.

I wouldn't argue over who was better or anything though, Taylor has made too many big time plays for the Skins to be replaced or pushed aside imo

Wow, 2 pages and a list of players....and not 1 mention, not 1 word of:

CHRIS COOLEY. The dude is the most consistant weapon on the team. He gives it 100% every single game, harldy ever makes a bad play (i know he had a drop or 2 as some of you are quck to point out), blocks well, and converts little plays into huge gains.

People like to say ST because he changes games or makes game winning plays. So does cooley.

He bails out our QB more than anyone and is a model citizen.

Seriously, pay the man his money.

It just depends on what you consider the best.

A guy that was on pace to rush for 600 more yards than anyone in history?

Yeah, I would say that was the best on our team.

And a guy that did that when we had no playoff hopes to play for, against all odds and expectations? Again, easily the best on our team last year.

And the guy that everyone agrees was the single mvp of the team last season? The o-line was good....but as far as individuals go, he was easily the mvp.

MVP=best player on your team. And yes, that is Betts right now.

Betts is not the best player on the team. Just stop, before you get people bashing a good player for no reason.

Best bang for the buck?

Best value for $$ spent?

Best effort on the entire team last season??

Best team leader, leading by actions and not words?

Betts....without question. Hopefully the rest of the team can play up to his level this season. If they can.......we are going deep into the playoffs.

:laugh:

This thread is bound to go 10 pages now

:insane: :laugh:

When Portis is healthy he is the only player on our team that is top 5 at their postion. Marcus Washington might be a top 5 Sam though.........hmmmmmmmm ITs between those two.

I would dare to argue that ST, Cooley, and Shawn Springs (when healthy) are also top 5 at their respective positions. But, I agree with you on Portis.

When Portis is healthy he is the only player on our team that is top 5 at their postion. Marcus Washington might be a top 5 Sam though.........hmmmmmmmm ITs between those two.

Just curious, do you think there are 5 better LTs than Samuels? I think he is definitely top 5, and I am not basing this off his annual pro bowl status. I just can't think of 5 better LTs. Ogden and Walter Jones are the only 2 I would put in front of him now that Pace is retired.

Edit: I meant now that Willie Roaf is retired. But that still only makes 3 that I would put in front of Chris.

Wow, 2 pages and a list of players....and not 1 mention, not 1 word of:

CHRIS COOLEY. The dude is the most consistant weapon on the team. He gives it 100% every single game, harldy ever makes a bad play (i know he had a drop or 2 as some of you are quck to point out), blocks well, and converts little plays into huge gains.

People like to say ST because he changes games or makes game winning plays. So does cooley.

He bails out our QB more than anyone and is a model citizen.

Seriously, pay the man his money.

Looks like someone was listening to me:D

COOOOOOOOOOOOOLEY

Just curious, do you think there are 5 better LTs than Samuels? I think he is definitely top 5, and I am not basing this off his annual pro bowl status. I just can't think of 5 better LTs. Ogden and Walter Jones are the only 2 I would put in front of him now that Pace is retired.

When did Orlando Pace retire?

It's a big game, the score is tied, who do you want to catch the ball.

True, but if we're on defense, I want Taylor on that field. Monday Night Miracle, Santana's catches rocked, but if Taylor doesn't get that hit on Crayton, we still lose.

If Taylor doesn't recover that fumble in Philly, we may not have made the playoffs.

If Taylor doesn't get that fumble in Tampa, we don't win that game.

If Taylor doesn't get that that return against Dalls, we don't win that game.

Moss is a 9, but Taylor is a 10.

True, but if we're on defense, I want Taylor on that field. Monday Night Miracle, Santana's catches rocked, but if Taylor doesn't get that hit on Crayton, we still lose.

If Taylor doesn't recover that fumble in Philly, we may not have made the playoffs.

If Taylor doesn't get that fumble in Tampa, we don't win that game.

If Taylor doesn't get that that return against Dalls, we don't win that game.

Moss is a 9, but Taylor is a 10.

/agreed Sean Taylor is the best.

Archived