Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With their first pick in the 2008 Draft the Skins Select...

Veretax

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Okay I know preseason is only now ending. I also know A lot will happen in the regular season which could change this, but I'm curious what the perspective is at this point in time. Given that we do not lose our First Round pick in 2008, what position do you think we most need to select in the first round. (Assuming the best fitting player is available at that time of course.)

Okay I know preseason is only now ending. I also know A lot will happen in the regular season which could change this, but I'm curious what the perspective is at this point in time. Given that we do not lose our First Round pick in 2008, what position do you think we most need to select in the first round. (Assuming the best fitting player is available at that time of course.)

D-line.....as usual

I think they take a Defensive LIneman, but before he got injured I thought they might go after a top notch Wide Receiver (Marcus Monk, ARkansas for example), but with the issues with Cooley, they could go after a Fullback/Tight End (Owen Schmidt, WVU ?), but I think they take the best D-Lineman for their system, a DT or a DE, not necessarily draft for need :/

I'm hoping DE, Daniels and Wynn are both up there in age, don't think we keep Wynn after this year, if not cut this year due to Chris Wilson or Alex Busbee... Still we need to go DE 1st round

= = if not = =

definitely need to look at OL depth, Guard preferrably BOTH Thomas AND Kendall are up there in age, I think we still will be good with Jansen/Samuels on T for couple years, and set for a while with Rabach

Would like to see the opposite position (regardless of which is 1st) taken 2nd round.

Then 4th round look at CB as I don't think Springs is here after this season, hopefully we can trade him out for a 3-4 round pick somewhere, and look at another OL prospect, unless there's another GOOD DT or G possibility.... Can always look at TE prospects in late rounds, BUT SIGNING COOLEY is a MUST BEFORE END OF SEASON - - THIS MUST GET DONE - COME ON DANNY - SHELL OUT SOME MONEY !!

Hail

BRIAN BROHM, actually were getting the 2nd pick and the falcons are picking him, so it cant be him..... JUST KIDDING! why does it matter were winning it all this year baby!!!! Cant wait till the season starts! Btw in profootball wekly they predict for the skins "if portis stays healthy hello playoffs if not hello 6-10". :point2sky

Actually it all depends on where they pick.

If we pick in the lower 20-30's I hope we pick up a offensive tackle or gaurd for the future.

If somewhere in the top 10 I want a defensive end. A immediate impact type.

I agree that it depends on the number of the pick. If its top 10 then definitely a DE like Calais Campbell (sp?). If it's the middle of the round we may be able to get Early Doucet or DeSean Jackson (WRs). Later in the round definitely go for some O-line depth.

'Their' first pick in the draft. Not 'the'.

Our first pick will be determined by the play of the above positions during the season. Were I to venture I guess it would be something on one of the lines.

Thank you, so when I put this idea together, its what do we pick (what area should we take) assuming the player with the best fit for us at that position is available and worthy of that pick. Where that pick is, is just irrelevant at this point.

Unfortunately the WRs in free agency next year are less than confidence-inspiring:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/nfl/freeagentsWR.html

I would say that we would be better off having Lloyd and Randel El step it up so we don't have to worry about that position.

Ouch. I didn't expect it to look that miserable. :doh: You're right; our best bet is for Lloyd and ARE to suddenly become excellent WRs. :paranoid:

Archived