Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With their first pick in the 2008 Draft the Skins Select...

Veretax

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Gotta be DE, although i'd be surprised if the skins actually did. Calais Campbell would be my obvious choice, but he'll be a top 5 pick. I certainly wouldn't mind Glen Dorsey or Frank Okom either, couple big bodies that are forces. Then again a stud WR besides Moss is always a nice thought too. We have all season to mull this one over

To help keep Jason Campbell upright the redskins will have to draft a RT. The fact that Jansen is older and often injured doesn't bolster my confidence. I would also submit that we could definitely use a D lineman of somesort. I don't care which of the two first rounds they draft those positions. But those positions need to be filled within the first two rounds for sure.

DE Tyson Jackson, out of LSU.

JBYKMNGBMBNRYYX.20070707020202.jpg

Obviously Calais Campbell or Glenn Dorsey would be nice, but at this point it doesn't look like either will fall to us. In Jackson, we'd be getting a guy's whose body is ready to play LDE in the pros right now (6'5, 292 lbs) and who can play both run and pass. I think it's highly possible he drops to where we'll likely be picking (late teens/early 20s), and he'd be a terrific addition.

We need to address some OL depth, too, but I don't think you use a 1st rounder on a RT or an OG. Someone with a lot of talent at one of those positions will certainly be available to us in the 2nd.

Defensive End to play the Left side.

Especially if the skins don't sign a free agent.

Knowing the current set up i can see another pick spent on the secondary.

Expecting Springs to have a good year but he will leave for one more top dollar contract from a desperate team.

The non progress with the Cooley contract leads me to believe the Skins will not want to give Springs his last contract.

Agree that a a good R.T. can be had in round 2.

Or a really good Guard.

As kendall and thomas are ageing a Guard in round 3 would help.

D.E.'s to watch=Jackson(l.s.u.)/Jackson(u.s.c.)/Groves(auburn).

Is calais campbell(miami) their left end?

DL might be leading the vote for now, but in the spring WR will be the pick. Calvin Johnson was what most wanted last draft if he was available. It's the sexiest position besides QB. Ever since we missed with Desmond Howard this club has been starved for wide recievers. Personelly I think we need to move on and just except that we suck at getting them. We will never be satisfied with the WR.

Without taking into account free agency and what might happen before the draft, I'd put our needs for youth in this order:

1- Defensive end -

Especially on the left side with an aging Daniels and Wynn as our primary players.

2- offensive line in general -

Jansen is looking old, Everyone aside from Rabach is over 30 and this unit needs to start preparing for the decline of some of these guys by drafting young prospects. This could possibly be needs 2-4 to be honest, because I can see our line detiriorating quickly due to age.

3- Wide reciever -

At this point it's hard not to label it as a need given the performances so far of Lloyd and Randel El. Hopefully those two will step up and push this further down the list. We need a legit 2nd option on the edge to go with Moss. And a guy who can be a go to guy when Moss is injured.

4- Corner-

Springs will probably be gone after this year, and if that's the case and Rogers doesn't live up to his draft status, this shoots up the list to #1 or #2. But even if Rogers does stabalize, this is still a need without Springs.

Hopefully Cooley's new deal gets done so we don't have to add TE to the list.

After day one

Redskins in the 2nd round get a steal in the form of a massive Road grating Offensive guard who is also effective as a Center.

The Redskins, whose 1st round pick which was part of the compensation for getting DE Julius Peppers, decided to solidify both lines after Consultant NavyDave convinced Team Burgundy and Gold that everything begins and ends in the trenches.

Then I woke up with morning wood... :D

Archived