Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With their first pick in the 2008 Draft the Skins Select...

Veretax

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

They will take that back from Arkansas with the first pick. Just kidding.

Darren McFadden? That kid is SICK. He is a junior but I'm pretty sure he is going to come out after this year; he has basically said as much. Big, fast and strong with a ridiculous burst through holes and great moves as well. First SEC RB to get over 1,000 yards rushing in his freshman year since Herschel Walker. He is going to be a stud in the Pros. It sucks though, because apparently Jerry Jones is in love with him and I do not want the Cowgirls getting him. But they have two 1st round picks next year so they look to be in a position to move up to where he will be if they want (which will probably be top 3 or 5 unless he gets injured). If for some reason our season tanked (which I don't think it will) and we were in a position to get him I wouldn't blame them for doing it. He is that good.

Otherwise in the 1st round if we could get a top 10 pick I'd love Calais Campbell if he declares. A lower pick I'd go for OL. Then in the 2nd round pick up WR Marcus Monk from Arkansas. He is 6'6 220, has great hands and is an awesome red zone target. This year he will be on course to break the Arkansas receiving TD record.

What issues with Cooley? ;)

At the time I made that post Cooley had not yet been extended.

Portis is 26. Steve Slaton as his replacement? that's awfully early. So we trade Betts and maybe get a 3rd round pick, only to draft a RB with our first?

Whaaaaaaa?

Slaton is too small to be an every down back in the NFL. He's more a change of pace like Reggie Bush or Darren Sproles even. Plus, he doesn't really fill a need.

What Does size have to do with it exactly? Sure portis is a phenom, but there aren't a lot of backs with his size, speed and vision, right. I suggest slaton partly cause I'm a WVU homer (I gotta make that public right here), and two because he's very quick. Remember how we got ripped up by atlanta's speedy little back. Imagine if we had that kind of speed in the backfield. However consider this. I just looked up the stats, and Clinton isn't quite as big as I thought he was :/ Unless ESPN's stats are just plain wrong.

Clinton Portis is listed as 5-11, 205 pounds

Steve Slaton is listed as 5-10, 195 pounds, so there is only about a 10 pound difference there, a difference that can be beefed up if necessary with a Pro quality strength and conditioning Program.

Now that's predicated on Slaton coming out as a Junior, he still has one more year :/ But I honestly think the Skins should get him if they can, I'd hate to see Philly, NY, or Dallas grab him. However, I'm thinking that maybe the Skins would rather take a Solid Fullback (ala Owen Schmidt) as to take a Running back next year. It does depend on Clinton's health though.

As far as need though, since when have the Skins always picked based on need? It seems to me that this time around they may take a need, but they may take something else, it does depend on where we pick though, so I realize its highly speculative at this point. However, with Portis's Health a question mark right now I'd have to project us figuring we need to replace him, and I don't think Betts is going to be able to do that full time. :/

Archived