Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Denies Trade of Brunell (Chan 9 is retracting report)

Frediemac

You have 2 choices... Brunell or Palmer. After last night... I would let Palmer clean cleets.

Who's fault is that? Gibbs setup a competition with complete garbage behind JC and Brunell still sucks compared to them. You carry 2 qb's and put Palmer on the practice squad.

you know i'm hoping they played brunell yesterday to show other teams that he can still play so that we could get a good trade for him. whether it be a good draft pick or another player. i didn't see collins in there so i assume they were seeing who would be the best 3rd QB. So far jason and tod look to be the best QB's we have had in a while. very solid and smart.

Also last night in an interview after the game said "I really want to be on this team".

Remember Joe Theismann said the Brunnel's arm looked better than it has since he came to Washington. I wouldn't mind having Mark around just in case of injury. I mean the way our O Line was pass Blocking this Preaseason we might need all 3 Quaterbacks. And I'm not kidding. I say you keep him unless you get a 3rd rd pick or better and I really don't think that will happen, but some team might panic (aka redskins last year) and give us something sweet for him. peace..

Shame on you guys. What a short memory you have. MB has helped us win key games over the last few years (remember Dallas week 2 and again in 2005)? I know what have you done for me lately? He's a good back up for us. He now knows the offense, is a locker room leader and still a mentor for JC. Leave him alone for gosh sakes!!!!

it may be a bit off-topic but not by much..........Jordan Palmer is the worst looking drafted quarterback prospect I have seen in some time. Even Gibran Hamdan could line up behind center and keep the ball off the ground in drills.

this guy is 6'5 and 230 which is great. but he seems to need so much work one has to question why this team just didn't sign him as a UDFA and draft a lineman or wide receiver instead..............

it's not all in the genes folks because Byron Westbrook and Jordan Palmer don't remind me of their brothers at all, at least not on the field :laugh:

Shame on you guys. What a short memory you have. MB has helped us win key games over the last few years (remember Dallas week 2 and again in 2005)? I know what have you done for me lately? He's a good back up for us. He now knows the offense, is a locker room leader and still a mentor for JC. Leave him alone for gosh sakes!!!!

I agree, he owned the Cowboys in 2005, I rather have him stay.

ok this last report fooled me. But the first one to Atlanta didnt. I should have went with my instincts and knew this was false. 1st of all we cant get anything for Brunell and 2nd of all Gibbs proabley wants to keep Brunell anyway. I suppose I dont blame him for wanting to keep him as a #3. But all that we as fans have went thur with him I think it is best he is cut or trade if possible.

its not about what brunell has done in the past for us or how much of a locker room guy he is. if it was like that then big joe would still be on the team.

its simply we have no need for brunell and collins, and collins simply knows the offense better if you really want to set them equal. sorry for the all lowercase

i say trade him and get some value for him while we can. He retires, we get squat. What third string QB's actually see the field during the regular season? He wants to be the 2nd stringer, let him go be happy, and let us have a fourth or fifth rounder for him.

I'm tired of this crap. Gibbs thinks Brunell is Elway when everyone else knows he's nothing more than a Ty Detmer.

Better Detmer than L'il Palmer. Sheesh. That was horrible. If I hadn't've been at the game, I woulda sworn it was all done digitally. :(

Man, please keep Brunell, Gibbs.

Archived