Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Denies Trade of Brunell (Chan 9 is retracting report)

Frediemac

You people talk like Brunell is a locker room cancer. The guy is a veteran BACKUP!! Who the hell would give us more than a conditional 7th rounder for this guy?? Id rather have him than Jordan freakin Palmer!! Are you people on crack??? No one said hes gonna start!! Calm the hell down and stop crying about a backup player! Its not like if we trade him we are gonna get Tom Brady to fill his roster spot. Some of you need to take a xanax...

If Seattle really did call and offer a draft pick and JG backs out of this, I'll be furious.

Again, if those circumstances are true, he's being given a rare opportunity to correct the worst decision he's made in his career. That decision being the one to trade for Mark Brunell in the first place. If he fails again, I'll be more than disappointed.

And the fact that he's switching his Nascar team to Toyota is another bad decision. Toyota has won squadoosh this year. Joe, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. GM is working fine for Tony Stewart and Denny Hamlin is having a great year. Why tinker with that?

I know it's considered sacreligious to do so, but I've got to really question his recent decision-making if he vetoes this trade.

They did not really retract their report so much as back pedal. Brett Haber's last words in the 11 o'clock newscast were that it is not a done deal but that his source says it is in the works and is confident it will happen in the next few days.

I'm tired of this crap. Gibbs thinks Brunell is Elway when everyone else knows he's nothing more than a Ty Detmer.

no, you wish you were ty detmers depends. MB has fallen off but he has given a lot for this team and Gibbs has given everything but his soul.

Clarification: Channel 9 is retracting the fact that it's a "done deal". They're not retracting the fact that it's in the works.

Well they said it was done. and they retracted it. I as well as some others on these boards believe Coach Gibbs has changed his mind after this game. ;)

Well they said it was done. and they retracted it. I as well as some others on these boards believe Coach Gibbs has changed his mind after this game. ;)

Haber said that they displayed a graphic saying the deal was done and that the graphic was incorrect.

If Gibbs changes his mind because of 1 simple half of football, he would be foolish.

Let me guess, he'll tell Mark that he's "got a feeling" that Mark is gonna lead us to the Super Bowl ala Doug Williams.

Never gonna happen.

Archived