Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Denies Trade of Brunell (Chan 9 is retracting report)

Frediemac

No need to get defensive...wasn't questioning your statement. Just saying it was interesting if Channel 9 was retracting that they hadn't pulled it from their site.

Sorry I wasn't defensive it just in type it looks that way. Love all Redskins Fans and really not sure if I want this trade or not. Peace

Haber said that they displayed a graphic saying the deal was done and that the graphic was incorrect.

If Gibbs changes his mind because of 1 simple half of football, he would be foolish.

Let me guess, he'll tell Mark that he's "got a feeling" that Mark is gonna lead us to the Super Bowl ala Doug Williams.

Never gonna happen.

IF he did change his mind I would guess he would rather have Brunell on the team then Palmer. Black and White.

There is one more possibility.... Coach Gibbs wants to sit down with Mark 1st before the Trade is Official. That might be the case.

Sorry I wasn't defensive it just in type it looks that way. Love all Redskins Fans and really not sure if I want this trade or not. Peace

No problem, just didn't want it to come across as an indictment of your statement. Was just merely saying Channel 9 hadn't pulled the story yet from their site (although perhaps they edited it, I can't confirm that either way). And to be perfectly honest I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the trade either. I'd be glad to get something in return for Brunell, but also do appreciate his contributions here as a starter and backup.

Which station were you people watching? Because from what I saw, Haber did no such thing. He only clarified that according to the source, a trade is in the works, but nothing is final yet. And that Gibbs has the final say as to whether the trade will happen or not.

Channel 7 reported that a trade is in the works, but that the Skins deny it.

Come on, folks. If you're going to report something, at least make sure you're reporting it as it was reported. There was no retraction, but a modification of what was said earlier.

If there was a trade that was still in the works and you were Joe Gibbs, would you confirm it before anything was finalized?

Either way, we probably won't know more until tomorrow or Sat.

Folks it's like this....

Campbell is the QB..that's it..there is no one else...period. Saunders is wrong about Collins and JG is wrong about Brunell..

Campbell goes down....season over...hell no one is predicting much with Campbell but I disagree there.

Get used to it..it's the facts...nuthin but the facts.

If Brunell or Collins comes in I will root for him until he loses...but my expectations will be NIL!!!

I watched the game on the Jaguars network and Tony Boselli said Brunell would be with a different team by Saturday. I don't know if he was just speculating or he has some inside info, he didn't elaborate.

For those who don't know Boselli is Brunell's best friend and former left tackle when he was in Jax. They're church buddies.:2cents:

Folks it's like this....

Campbell is the QB..that's it..there is no one else...period. Saunders is wrong about Collins and JG is wrong about Brunell..

Campbell goes down....season over...hell no one is predicting much with Campbell but I disagree there.

Get used to it..it's the facts...nuthin but the facts.

If Brunell or Collins comes in I will root for him until he loses...but my expectations will be NIL!!!

While I agree to an extent, I still think that MB can cover us better than Collins or Palmer in the event that Campbell is out for a game or 2. Beyond that, he'll tire out and become horrific again.

I'm torn on the prospects of this trade. While I'd applaud the front office for getting anything in return for MB, after seeing the HORRID showing by Palmer this evening, I wan't him nowhere near a football this year. Give him a year on the practice squad, maybe, but he is RAW!

I watched the game on the Jaguars network and Tony Boselli said Brunell would be with a different team by Saturday. I don't know if he was just speculating or he has some inside info, he didn't elaborate.

For those who don't know Boselli is Brunell's best friend and former left tackle when he was in Jax. They're church buddies.:2cents:

I saw the same thing and am in agreement. Although there is the possibility that Brunell has final say on trades and is using his best friend to send a message. I just don't see Brunell to ever accept 3rd string status.

I don't think that Brunell is Detmer, but he is good back up at this point and at one point he was one of the better QBS in this league.

At one point, Tony Boselli was one of the better players in this league. That time has passed.

The comments by Tony seem to indicate a trade IS coming.

About his nascar team going to toyota. I believe his contract is almost up with Chevy. Gibbs is telling chevy he is leaving for toyota probably to get more money from Chevy. Very smart if you ask me.

If Seattle really did call and offer a draft pick and JG backs out of this, I'll be furious.

Again, if those circumstances are true, he's being given a rare opportunity to correct the worst decision he's made in his career. That decision being the one to trade for Mark Brunell in the first place. If he fails again, I'll be more than disappointed.

And the fact that he's switching his Nascar team to Toyota is another bad decision. Toyota has won squadoosh this year. Joe, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. GM is working fine for Tony Stewart and Denny Hamlin is having a great year. Why tinker with that?

I know it's considered sacreligious to do so, but I've got to really question his recent decision-making if he vetoes this trade.

Thats just wrong. :laugh: People must really want Brunell out of here huh. :laugh: I have always felt that way until I saw Mr. Palmer tonight. Whoa! That was awful. That INT he threw had to be worse any of the 6 that QB from Mississippi St. threw tonight against LSU. The closest WR was at least 10 yards up the field. We have a lot of work to do with the young Palmer and he cannot be relied upon at any point this season.

Archived