Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's August 24th, where is Clinton Portis

Mania

yeah because we were so set at rb then...we know betts is a decent back now. we didnt then. it was a good deal. portis was coming off multiple consecutive 1500 yd seasons. he then led us to the PLAYOFFS WITH US ON HIS BACK.

i am literally shocked we still talk about this. betts is a starting rb, no question. but portis has all-pro talent.

tgijef

All-pro talent? Hardly. He has made no pro bowls since he's been with us. He's a decent back, but highly overrated as a runner. I'm not the only one who thinks so. Observe: http://community.foxsports.com/blog...rs_in_the_N FL

In this one forget the part about his pass blocking, he's totally off base there. That might compromise his credibility, but I am putting it out there as corroboration. http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/18572

Can't say I disagree with Sableholic for the most part. Though I do give a bit of a kudo to Live4Skins for falling on his sword. However, when threads like that do start up and folks react, I put as much blame on those that do get bent out of shape as much as the thread starter. People should no better and if they jump up and down even so, they're at fault for doing so, not the thread starter. It's called common sense. People should take a breath and use some before reacting one way or the other.

I agree completely(well, I thought you used one to many adverbs...but I digress), people have their own responsibility to exercise some common sense. McDonalds makes hambugers yes, but YOU have to eat them to get fat. Much like someone can make a post about a trade rumor, if you blindly believe it and go crazy, its your own fault.

I actually didnt even remember there WAS a potis trade rumor thread till I just read this one(and I didnt know it was rebutted till I read a mention of andyman in here). Thats how little credibility I gave to it at the time.

Live4Skins,

I'm not calling you out because I feel that you need to have the NNT title for a while. Actually your owning up to your mistake is very admirable and I wish you the best.

Now, I'm willing to believe you had a source, because I believe a man/woman is indeed innocent until proven guilty. Now, assuming your source was correct and the possible trade went a different direction, do you know who they were trying to trade them to. You didn't the other day, but I'm curious if you have more information now.

That is just my curious nature getting the best of me. If you don't want to say, that is fine as well.

Way tooo serious on this issue man. Who cares. The guy apologized, and like I told him in the original thread he started. Don't trust "reliable sources" b/c 9 out of 10 times they're wrong for most people. My "reliable" source works for the team, but he doesn't know WTF he's talking about half of the time. He was right about Spring's personal issues but completely wrong telling me that we were trading him/releasing him this offseason. So, lesson learned. Who cares. Only Andyman knows what's going on around here :laugh:

HTTR

If we get a 1st rounder in this years draft and another later pick for Portis then I will do cartwheels. Calais Campbell & Frank Okam here we come!

More like Dan Connor and Justin King. DE/DTs are for chumps. GO PASS DEFENSE!

I think live4skins could use an 8-game NNTing.

and a 10 game NNPing. ;)

Live4Skins,

I'm not calling you out because I feel that you need to have the NNT title for a while. Actually your owning up to your mistake is very admirable and I wish you the best.

Now, I'm willing to believe you had a source, because I believe a man/woman is indeed innocent until proven guilty. Now, assuming your source was correct and the possible trade went a different direction, do you know who they were trying to trade them to. You didn't the other day, but I'm curious if you have more information now.

That is just my curious nature getting the best of me. If you don't want to say, that is fine as well.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

A little logic would have told the thread starter and you.

Clinton Portis Salary Cap figure alone would be almost impossible to move. It has to many salary cap ramifacations on all teams involved.

THERE WAS NO TRADE!

On top of that Andyman debunked it with a yawn which to me means it was ludicrous in the first place.

You remind me of the diet pill. Everyone debunks the diet pill as a scam, but you want to lose weight and ask...hey where can i get it?

Guest RideorDieChic
Can't say I disagree with Sableholic for the most part. Though I do give a bit of a kudo to Live4Skins for falling on his sword. However, when threads like that do start up and folks react, I put as much blame on those that do get bent out of shape as much as the thread starter. People should no better and if they jump up and down even so, they're at fault for doing so, not the thread starter. It's called common sense. People should take a breath and use some before reacting one way or the other.

Hoping that the masses don't fall for the bait is ideal. Realistically though, is not going to be possible, information like what Live4Skins put out is going to disturb a lot of fans. Kind of like having a house full of hungry people then someone comes in and places a plate of possibly contaminated cold cuts on the table expecting no one to touch it. Is just not going to happen, someone will help themselves. The plate of food is now empty, people are complaining of stomach illness, who is to blame? The person who knowingly placed contaminated food as bait or the hungry people for eating the bait?

Rumors are like contaminated food, it has the potential of hurting someone if not many.

Not to say that Live4Skins' intentions were to hurt anyone, but rumors almost always have some residual negativity...he should have known that, therefore should have been a bit more discerning. Mis dos centavos.

All-pro talent? Hardly. He has made no pro bowls since he's been with us. He's a decent back, but highly overrated as a runner. I'm not the only one who thinks so. Observe: http://community.foxsports.com/blog...rs_in_the_N FL

In this one forget the part about his pass blocking, he's totally off base there. That might compromise his credibility, but I am putting it out there as corroboration.

I tried to go to your first link and it doesnt work. The second link the guy has a one or two decent overrated palyers but other than that the guys a ****ing retard. Yea pro bowls really tell you the entire story of whether or not someone is an all-pro:doh: The guy put up 1300 yards in one of the most putrid offenses I have ever witnessed in the NFL. The next year he put up 1500 yards, the same amount of yards he put up in Denver but yet some people claim he has not been the same since Denver?? Wait until Sept 9th CP wil be back and shut all the haters up.

Hoping that the masses don't fall for the bait is ideal. Realistically though, is not going to be possible, information like what Live4Skins put out is going to disturb a lot of fans. Kind of like having a house full of hungry people then someone comes in and places a plate of possibly contaminated cold cuts on the table expecting no one to touch it. Is just not going to happen, someone will help themselves. The plate of food is now empty, people are complaining of stomach illness, who is to blame? The person who knowingly placed contaminated food as bait or the hungry people for eating the bait?

Rumors are like contaminated food, it has the potential of hurting someone if not many.

Not to say that Live4Skins' intentions were to hurt anyone, but rumors almost always have some residual negativity...he should have known that, therefore should have been a bit more discerning. Mis dos centavos.

RideorDie,

I see your point in what your saying but my cooking is delicious :D

Thanks for you 2 cents Senora!

I tried to go to your first link and it doesnt work. The second link the guy has a one or two decent overrated palyers but other than that the guys a ****ing retard. Yea pro bowls really tell you the entire story of whether or not someone is an all-pro:doh: The guy put up 1300 yards in one of the most putrid offenses I have ever witnessed in the NFL. The next year he put up 1500 yards, the same amount of yards he put up in Denver but yet some people claim he has not been the same since Denver?? Wait until Sept 9th CP wil be back and shut all the haters up.

I think CP would have gotten MVP last year had he stayed healthy. You know what, this is another year to prove himself. The only problem that he'll encounter this season is he'll be sharing more time with LB on runs. Not saying he wont get more TD's like Shawn Alexander did with the SeaSquaks...

CP started strong and I see him doing it again this season. Fingers crossed he stays healthy thats all we need to pray for! I'm really excited about this year and what it's going to bring the Redskin family!

HTTR!!!

Oh there is no hope here. I've been around awhile and understand people are people and will react one way or the other. That doesn't change the fact that they/we, are responsible for those reactions. Nobody else. In the case of the analogy, I'm not sure that works completely here. In this case, people had reason to suspect that plate of food, and still ate it. Like I said, that's on them/us. Though I do agree that Live4Skins should have been a bit more discerning.

And with that said, I think we're successfully deadhorse.gif

:)

I am not going to bash you Live4Skins, but at the time, I have to admit that I did not know what the heck you must be smoking! You still have not said who your source is that passed you incorrect information. We should be bashing that person rather than you, but your apology claimed that you were right about the rumor, and it just did not happen.

I will give forgiveness myself for the uproar you caused, and I must say that I immediately called a friend close to Snyder to see if he had heard anything. He said the idea was ludicrous and still has not heard anything. It is an admirable thing to take it like a man, but your source was the one that was wrong and you just believed him.

I still do not believe there was ever a deal in the works! There might have been like I said a phone conversation where the idea was shot down. There have been several times that owners have called and inquired about his services and what it would take to get him. Always Danny claims that it would take more than can be afforded, so the other team must have been giving the farm away or no deal was ever decided on. The whole rumor your friend gave you sounds like speculation.

Lastly, I hope you understand that your apology says that you still think you are right even though you were not. You are standing behind your source 100% despite the fact that he was mostly wrong - if not entirely. You then claim you are ready for the firing squad. Are you trying to save your good name or something? Based on that apology, I probably will not trust anything you say again because you still tell us we were wrong who said the idea was ludicrous. I do not blame you if you have trusted your "source" before for other things. But in the future I would not believe this "source" unless you see what he says in print later.

Happy ESing. Regards!

I am not going to bash you Live4Skins, but at the time, I have to admit that I did not know what the heck you must be smoking! You still have not said who your source is that passed you incorrect information. We should be bashignng that person rather than you, but your apology claimed that you were right about the rumor, and it just did not happen.

I will give forgiveness myself for the uproar you caused, and I must say that I immediately called a friend close to Snyder to see if he had heard anything. He said the idea was ludicrous and still has not heard anything. It is an admirable thing to take it by a man, but your source was the one that was wrong and you just believed him.

I still do not believe there was ever a deal in the works! There might have been like I said a phone conversation where the idea was shot down. There have been several times that owners have called and inquired about his services and what it would take to get him. Always Danny claims that it would take more than can be afforded, so the other team must have been giving the farm away or no deal was ever decided on. The whole rumor your friend gaves you sounds like speculation.

Lastly, I hope you understand that your apology says that you still think you are right even though you were not. You are standing behind your source 100% despite the fact that he was mostly wrong - if not entirely. You then claim you are ready for the firing squad. Are you trying to save your good name or something? Based on that apology, I probably will not trust anything you say again because you still tell us we were wrong who said the idea was ludicrous. I do not blame you if you have trusted your "source" before for other things. But in the future I would not believe this "source" unless you see what he says in print later.

Happy ESing. Regards!

My apology was sincere to ALL members of this site. You make a valid point about my apology not seeming wholeheartedly sincere and thinking I was right about the rumor. Again I was incorrect about the information I typed and will not do so until I have more PROOF. I understand your comments above and am truley sorry for misleading you. The decisions you have stated above are your peragotive and I do not fault you.

Regards,

In this one forget the part about his pass blocking, he's totally off base there. That might compromise his credibility, but I am putting it out there as corroboration.

Yes, he is all-pro talent. Just because some fans think Portis isn't all-pro talent doesn't make it so. CP's stats over the years indicate he is an all-pro talent, and his stats also indicate a lot of you "haters" have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I don't see how a player who is the franchise record holder for most rushing yards in a season is highly overrated. Even when he was injured he put up 7 TDs, more than his back-up had. I also don't see how you can claim someone is overrated and then point out a bunch of people agreeing Portis isn't that good, nor do I understand why you even highlite an opinion and cherry pick what that person said.

Also, to others on this thread, for the last effin time, Bailey wanted out of here. He wasn't considered the best corner in the NFL when he left here, and he might have only given us one more year and then left for free agency, in which case we wouldn't have gotten jack squat. Would you rather us have somehow kept Bailey and not had Portis, and probably not made the playoffs at all? After '05 not a single one of you was complaining about CP, only until he was injured and Bets did a good job did the complaints really start pouring in. That's disgraceful that so many of you are willing to throw the man under the bus after one injury.

WTF does that mean?

Whatever trade agreement the informer heard was not mentioned to me properly, obviously. I spoke with that person and explained my situation here on the boards. That person apologized to me just as I have to you guys/gals. This person said that all the trade talk was complete. I didn't ask anymore information.

Hope this helps.

Whatever trade agreement the informer heard was not mentioned to me properly, obviously. I spoke with that person and explained my situation here on the boards. That person apologized to me just as I have to you guys/gals. This person said that all the trade talk was complete. I didn't ask anymore information.

Hope this helps.

i talked to my trade insider too. he told me that we we had a trade in place for peppers and steve smith for blloyd and alex buzbee. everything was in place and was supposed to go down yesterday. unfortunately my insider just explained to me that even though the trade was in place, the teams decided not to go through with it.

see i can do it too.

Archived