Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's August 24th, where is Clinton Portis

Mania

Earlier in the week a rumer posted by live4skins was posted about a source that he knows that told him the Redskins were getting ready to trade Portis and we should know in a couple of days.

It has now been a few days since the rumor and Portis is still in Burgondy & Gold.

The fool got a rumor and overheard Kendall and he thought they said Clinton.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

NNT for him!!!!!

Wow, what a horrid deal that would be. How 'bout we just keep Portis and ride him? Just because he was injured last year and doesn't feel like playing preseason this year doesn't mean he's a bust.

Your right, because Portis has just done so much for us! *rolls eyes* With Portis on the team we've won a total of 21 games and lost a total of 27!

If we have the opportunity to get draft picks used to address the serious holes we have on the defensive line and finding a legit #2 receiver then you do it. But then again, Dan Snyder owns the team and he makes Jerry Jones look like Jesus.

Sounds like it.

I think the guy did hear something that he thought was credible. I don't think he said to just stir up the board. :2cents:

Yeah I bet his buddy was credible and overheard Kendall. His buddys brain registered Clinton. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Close but no cigar!

Your right, because Portis has just done so much for us! *rolls eyes* With Portis on the team we've won a total of 21 games and lost a total of 27!

If we have the opportunity to get draft picks used to address the serious holes we have on the defensive line and finding a legit #2 receiver then you do it. But then again, Dan Snyder owns the team and he makes Jerry Jones look like Jesus.

With him starting we are 18-19

Id say thats a better stat because your's counted when he wasn't playing which is misleading.

Earlier in the week a rumer posted by live4skins was posted about a source that he knows that told him the Redskins were getting ready to trade Portis and we should know in a couple of days.

It has now been a few days since the rumor and Portis is still in Burgondy & Gold.

Portis isn't going anywhere. And he's sitting on the sideline where he belongs durring the pre-season.

No, the horrid deal is trading the best corner is football, AND a 2nd round pick for Portis! One of several horrid deals we made with Denver. I don't want to hear about how Champ didn't want to be here, so what, we had his rights and could have kept his rights indefinately, until a fair deal came along. Yes, I think a first round pick would be more than enough for a RB who thinks everyone should practice but he.

yeah because we were so set at rb then...we know betts is a decent back now. we didnt then. it was a good deal. portis was coming off multiple consecutive 1500 yd seasons. he then led us to the PLAYOFFS WITH US ON HIS BACK.

i am literally shocked we still talk about this. betts is a starting rb, no question. but portis has all-pro talent.

tgijef

All Mod & ES members,

As of yesterday evening I was notified that the agreement on the trade was indeed complete but took different paths. Unfortunately that was not in my or the informers powers to control. I do not know what was discussed but obviously with all the movement this past week some things were juggled around for things to fall into place.

I will take my medicine and stick to the statements of earlier this week by members on this message board about me being incorrect in information and will take the title of NNT if that is the sentence imposed on posters like myself. Again as I mentioned in a post of mine the other day, it was premature of me to post something so quickly and without recognition of consequences if I were indeed wrong.

Mods, I was not in my nature to stir up hard feelings with any other member on this board since we are all one with the organization. I apologize for wasting and upsetting all members who replied to my statement and hope that I can clear all of this up for future enjoyment with ES members. To clarify a few matters at hand, I for one love CP and did not wish for him to go. He is a great football player and I am honored to have him as one of the Redskins. I pray that he has a phenominal year with orginazation and that he stays healthy!

So I now stand in front of the firing squad to take my bullets...shoot away!

HTTR!!

I will take my medicine and stick to the statements of earlier this week by members on this message board about me being incorrect in information and will take the title of NNT if that is the sentence imposed on posters like myself. Again as I mentioned in a post of mine the other day, it was premature of me to post something so quickly and without recognition of consequences if I were indeed wrong.

No offense to you but you deserve whatever you get. You were trying to be a glory hound and break some magical story. You were debunked by andyman himself and you didnt even show up to say anything about it until you were called out here. I frankly don't care who your sources are, but I am tired of people coming on the board and posting about their sources and all this jazz. These people always get the board all bent out of shape and generally speaking its for no reason. Also ever think maybe its hard on the players if they read the site to see that someone is saying they are in trade discussions if they haven't heard anything about it themselves?

HTTR!!

Why you mo^&)$(%_# !

:laugh:

Just kidding.....no firing squad as far as I am concerned..

But I do think for closure.....you should at least tell us the team, or the player he was going to be traded for.

Come clean...the truth will set you free.

:cheers:

Umm last time i checked doesnt CP own our Single Season Rushing Record. I like that he isnt out there getting cheap shots. Betts hasnt had a run for what more than 3 yards this preseason. If the line isnt going to block, let betts take the hits and our record breaker do his thing come week 1.

Can't say I disagree with Sableholic for the most part. Though I do give a bit of a kudo to Live4Skins for falling on his sword. However, when threads like that do start up and folks react, I put as much blame on those that do get bent out of shape as much as the thread starter. People should no better and if they jump up and down even so, they're at fault for doing so, not the thread starter. It's called common sense. People should take a breath and use some before reacting one way or the other.

Can't say I disagree with Sable for the most part. Though I do give a bit of a kudo to Live4Skins for falling on his sword. However, when threads like that do start up and folks react, I put as much blame on those that do get bent out of shape as much as the thread starter. People should no better and if they jump up and down even so, they're at fault for doing so, not the thread starter. It's called common sense. People should take a breath and use some before reacting one way or the other.

Also a valid point. But its a lot harder to change the majority of people versus the few people starting the thread. But I certainly agree the people getting all bent out of shape are certainly as much at fault.

I already won this round of trade predictions when I said: "I have it from an inside source that someone will be traded for something in the near future" just a day or two before the Kendall trade.

That said, threads about trading Portis make me cry inside.:(

No offense to you but you deserve whatever you get. You were trying to be a glory hound and break some magical story. You were debunked by andyman himself and you didnt even show up to say anything about it until you were called out here. I frankly don't care who your sources are, but I am tired of people coming on the board and posting about their sources and all this jazz. These people always get the board all bent out of shape and generally speaking its for no reason. Also ever think maybe its hard on the players if they read the site to see that someone is saying they are in trade discussions if they haven't heard anything about it themselves?

No offense taken. Your right I do deserve whatever is thrown at me, guess what? I'll get over it. Not because I'm stubborn or that I'm inconsiderate but becuase I know how quickly things change. You dont have to care who my sources are. Thats why they are mine and now I am in this perdicament.

As for players reading this personally they give a rats @ss what we think other than when its positive or they know they f'd up and we're stark mad at them. Other than that they know whats going on in the front office. Unlike me :)

McD5

Why you mo^&)$(%_# !

:laugh:

Just kidding.....no firing squad as far as I am concerned..

But I do think for closure.....you should at least tell us the team, or the player he was going to be traded for.

Come clean...the truth will set you free.

:cheers:

From one fan to another I sincerely thank you for understanding the stupidity I have committed. As for giving up my "source" I think its better if I just shut up and enjoy this season with both legs intact!!:)

I'm already guilty so telling you guys that is free enough.

HTTR!!!

Archived