Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's August 24th, where is Clinton Portis

Mania

i talked to my trade insider too. he told me that we we had a trade in place for peppers and steve smith for blloyd and alex buzbee. everything was in place and was supposed to go down yesterday. unfortunately my insider just explained to me that even though the trade was in place, the teams decided not to go through with it.

see i can do it too.

If you feel so inclined to persue this further you can pm.

Thanks,

If you feel so inclined to persue this further you can pm.

Thanks,

jokes man, jokes. learn to laugh at yourself. especially if you are going to make a claim that doesn't come through on here. no reason to take a message board seriously, live.

we all appreciate inside information, but if it is going to be something so shocking and ridiculous as trading the best player on our team, then you have to know that people are gonna bust your chops when it doesn't go down.

no hostility intended, just busting your chops a little. relax and have a few of these... :cheers:

I never really believed the rumour, but it was fun while it lasted! No harm, no foul. Someone was wrong - big deal. There have been hundreds of posts about how Wade was a monster at guard, and Buges loved him. Not to mention the thousands of posts last year about how Lloyd is always wide open. Those posts were just as wrong - that's what makes the forum fun.

Wow. I just read the original thread. Considering how much he was vilified in that thread, was there really a reason to make a call out thread to continue the beat down? Heck, that thread was closed due to the the ugle nature of it.

Edit: He manned up and apologized, the rest of you should man up and accept it.

jokes man, jokes. learn to laugh at yourself. especially if you are going to make a claim that doesn't come through on here. no reason to take a message board seriously, live.

we all appreciate inside information, but if it is going to be something so shocking and ridiculous as trading the best player on our team, then you have to know that people are gonna bust your chops when it doesn't go down.

no hostility intended, just busting your chops a little. relax and have a few of these... :cheers:

No I completely understand. I've got a sense of humor. See some of my posts above to see I do stll love coming here.

I simply said pm so we can discuss things without carrying on the boards and taking away from what others need to tell me/shoot me :D

P.s. I'll be putting back some of those this evening :cheers:

HTTR!!!

It's a two edged sword--we all seem to love tips and insider stuff and ES has several examples where members posted a "rumor", got jumped on with intense, understandable, skepticim even while generating a ton of heated discussion about the stupidity/intelligence of the proposed deal, and then it turning out to be a valid tip. They become celebrated for breaking the news. Then there's the other side of the coin, like here. It is normal.

But notice Live4 is not being given any NNT, nor recieved any scolding posts in the thread from mods that I saw (if I error, sorry) and has certainly offfered a large helping of mea culpa to the board. He's handled himself better than many in the past. Think it's time to cease flogging the dude?

Your right, because Portis has just done so much for us! *rolls eyes* With Portis on the team we've won a total of 21 games and lost a total of 27!

If we have the opportunity to get draft picks used to address the serious holes we have on the defensive line and finding a legit #2 receiver then you do it. But then again, Dan Snyder owns the team and he makes Jerry Jones look like Jesus.

And it's all portis fault, gaining 1300+ yards his first season and 1500+ his second we should just trade him and the rest of the team:doh:

Wow, what a horrid deal that would be. How 'bout we just keep Portis and ride him? Just because he was injured last year and doesn't feel like playing preseason this year doesn't mean he's a bust.

More like CP doesn't want to get another freak injury AND the coaches are holding him out. He'd probably want to play a little. All players want to get in on the action.

All Mod & ES members,

As of yesterday evening I was notified that the agreement on the trade was indeed complete but took different paths. Unfortunately that was not in my or the informers powers to control. I do not know what was discussed but obviously with all the movement this past week some things were juggled around for things to fall into place.

I will take my medicine and stick to the statements of earlier this week by members on this message board about me being incorrect in information and will take the title of NNT if that is the sentence imposed on posters like myself. Again as I mentioned in a post of mine the other day, it was premature of me to post something so quickly and without recognition of consequences if I were indeed wrong.

Mods, I was not in my nature to stir up hard feelings with any other member on this board since we are all one with the organization. I apologize for wasting and upsetting all members who replied to my statement and hope that I can clear all of this up for future enjoyment with ES members. To clarify a few matters at hand, I for one love CP and did not wish for him to go. He is a great football player and I am honored to have him as one of the Redskins. I pray that he has a phenominal year with orginazation and that he stays healthy!

So I now stand in front of the firing squad to take my bullets...shoot away!

HTTR!!

Click, click, click...damn, my gun jammed. :laugh: :cheers:

I tried to go to your first link and it doesnt work. The second link the guy has a one or two decent overrated palyers but other than that the guys a ****ing retard. Yea pro bowls really tell you the entire story of whether or not someone is an all-pro:doh: The guy put up 1300 yards in one of the most putrid offenses I have ever witnessed in the NFL. The next year he put up 1500 yards, the same amount of yards he put up in Denver but yet some people claim he has not been the same since Denver?? Wait until Sept 9th CP wil be back and shut all the haters up.

Yes, I believe this year may indeed tell the story. Try this:

http://community.foxsports.com:80/blogs/StreetCred/2007/05/22/The_Most_Overrated_and_Underrated_Players_in_the_NFL

If it still doesn't work, this is his RB evaluation; not unlike my own.

>"Running Back

Underrated: Brian Westbrook (Eagles) - Westbrook's problem is that he plays for a coach that loves to pass the ball, and running backs are judged by how many rushing yards they tally. Brian Westbrook is one of the most dangerous combinations of running and receiving. Since 2003, his lowest rushing and receiving total is 945 yards back in 2003. He has been over 1,200 every year since. Last year he totaled 1,916 rushing and receiving yards. He is averaging about 9.5 rushing and receiving touchdowns per season since 2003. However, he has only been to one Pro Bowl back in 2004. I think his value to the Eagles was further demonstrated by losing McNabb last season and not missing a beat. For as much experience as Jeff Garcia had, there is no way he could have done what he did without Brian Westbrook. While Westbrook is not in the Tomlinson and Johnson class, there are too many running backs mentioned before him.

Overrated: Clinton Portis (Redskins) - This pick has nothing to do with his recent comments about what happens on Ron Mexico's estate stays on Ron Mexico's estate. He is a talented runner. I'm not even basing this on being hurt last season. I just don't think he has been that effective since leaving Denver. His first two seasons in Denver were amazing. He rushed for almost 1550 yards, 5.5 yards per carry, and 15 touchdowns per season. He made the Pro Bowl in 2003. Denver was so impressed they traded him to Washington for Champ Bailey. Since then, his rushing average has dropped to just a tad over 4 yards per carry. In 29 games with Denver, he had 29 touchdowns. In 39 games with Washington, he has 23 touchdowns. He hasn't broke 300 yards receiving since he left Denver. Some would argue that injuries and coaching have caused his numbers to decline. I would argue that he was a good running back that looked great in Denver, because that is what Denver does for good running backs. Once he was removed from that element, we see what he really is. He is not a top 5 running back. Furthermore, he is playing this season to remain in the top 10 running backs. I think the fact that Washington signed Betts to an extension shows that Washington isn't as sold on him as when they traded Champ Bailey to get him."<

Yes, he is all-pro talent. Just because some fans think Portis isn't all-pro talent doesn't make it so. CP's stats over the years indicate he is an all-pro talent, and his stats also indicate a lot of you "haters" have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I don't see how a player who is the franchise record holder for most rushing yards in a season is highly overrated. Even when he was injured he put up 7 TDs, more than his back-up had. I also don't see how you can claim someone is overrated and then point out a bunch of people agreeing Portis isn't that good, nor do I understand why you even highlite an opinion and cherry pick what that person said.

Also, to others on this thread, for the last effin time, Bailey wanted out of here. He wasn't considered the best corner in the NFL when he left here, and he might have only given us one more year and then left for free agency, in which case we wouldn't have gotten jack squat. Would you rather us have somehow kept Bailey and not had Portis, and probably not made the playoffs at all? After '05 not a single one of you was complaining about CP, only until he was injured and Bets did a good job did the complaints really start pouring in. That's disgraceful that so many of you are willing to throw the man under the bus after one injury.

That's where you're wrong. I have always thought him to be less than advertised. And apparently you are not familiar with league rules cause we could have franchised Bailey for the next few years or until we saw fit to trade him.

Archived