Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A little copyright infringement down in Texas

RIDETHEWALRUS

I am fairly certain no one in the Washington Redskins office has authorized the usage of our logos, colours, etc for a school district in south Texas.

http://www.donnaisd.net/home/

Thieving pukes.

Actually guys, if you remember back about in 2000 or so Native Americans won a court case taking away our Trademark rights to the name and logo. We got to keep using the name, it was just that we no longer had trademark rights. So people could legally make anything they wanted with Washington Redskins and/or the logo on it. This was later reversed a few years ago, but if the school did it previous to it being reversed then it would be legal for them to have done.

Actually guys, if you remember back about in 2000 or so Native Americans won a court case taking away our Trademark rights to the name and logo. We got to keep using the name, it was just that we no longer had trademark rights. So people could legally make anything they wanted with Washington Redskins and/or the logo on it. This was later reversed a few years ago, but if the school did it previous to it being reversed then it would be legal for them to have done.

i remember these cases, but not the final outcome.

that being said, your last sentence is not an accurate statement of the court's powers.

Not sure how well that logo goes over down there in South Texas.

And how soon until Dan Snyder catches wind of this and brings the hammer down on that school?!? He'll own the building before the second semester's over.

I live in South Texas and no one down here is into NFL....Mainly soccer.

Remembering hearing that supposedly, once, a Paramount Pictures lawyer supposedly handed a "cease and desist" letter to two sailors from the USS Enterprise who were selling t-shirts and baseball caps at a Star Trek convention.

:)

I can't think of any local DC teams that have the star on the helmets thankfully. My high school (Friendly Patriots) had the old New England logo when I was therein the 70s. They don't use in anymore however.
My high school mascot and logo was/is also Patriots. The uniforms were the same as the old NE uni's, but the helmets were blue with the school's initials.

Does this mean we use the Skins logo on the Area 51 T-shirts???

Not sure how well that logo goes over down there in South Texas.

And how soon until Dan Snyder catches wind of this and brings the hammer down on that school?!? He'll own the building before the second semester's over.

Mr. Snyder will probably NOT drop the hammer--Too aggressive in dealing with education...A touchy subject. Instead, he'll make everyone at the schools pay through the *## to park every day.

(We kid because we love.)

Once the decision was reversed, the Trademark laws all go into effect, even if they started using before the court's decision was reversed.

I find it to be an intriguing combination with a Texas team being named and modeled after the Washington Redskins. The kids are getting arressted left right and center for charges like drug usage and sexual assualt just like their upstate cowpukes and winning games like our Skins are gonna be doing this year.

Archived