Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike and Mike just said........

CAMPBELL2MOSS4SIX

We would be ****ing louder if they did not try to do a "2 a day" for our team or if they continued to talk baseball as football is still only in the preseason.

Since Golic was on vacation for three weeks, I am quite sure he has not seen a preseason game.

I would much rather be in this mix than the pressure that goes along with the outlook for last season.

Earth to media haters....

Out of the last 15 years how many times have we even made the playoffs?

You get respect when you earn respect. Stop complaining about the media and hope the Skins finally earn respect. Otherwise expect more of the same EVERY year!

I'm with this guy.

How many times have we looked good on paper only to suck it up in the season?

How about almost every year.

I would rather us be under-evaluated...

I've been waiting for someone to post this. Basically Greenberg wasn't there, and his replacement said we'd go 5-11. Golic said 6-10, basically because of our defense. He used last year's statistics to base his claim that our defense is going to struggle. He didn't mention that we got London Fletcher. He did mention Landry, and said he liked him, though.

He didn't mention Highway 57's replacement either ROCKY MAC.

:dallasuck

If you really want to watch something funny, track Peter Queens picks from week one on. His first weeks are horrendous. By week 16 you see him pick only a few underdogs, so his picks are basically on autopilot. If this guy had to bet ATS he would be in the poor house.

The media just don't follow camps THAT closely. Mort does. Clayton is pretty good. But Mike and Mike? They're doing their radio and trying to get laughs like with that "SMARTY JONES" crap that they did (and revive every once in a while to give it a retread). Mike Golic has some insight into games as they are being played, but just isn't well versed in personnel to adequately predict records. Sorry.

The Redskins aren't even on the playoff radar and quite frankly they shouldn't be. We are Redskin fans so we natually look for the best. After 5-11 last season, 7-9 would show we are a team on the upswing. Of course we homers would be sad and humbled yet again with a 7-9 record, but that's all we should expect for predictions this season from the media.

Its Pre season and the Redskins defense has done nothing to brag about

Man you think some people would think. Our first team, second team, and third team, has not allowed a TOUCHDOWN. When they got in the red zone that is where they stopped. I know it is only pre-season but if your opponents having scored a TD on you in two games you can brag a little bit. But not too much.

Actually, 8-8 sounds about right. It's not what I want to hear, but it's what I pretty much expect.

ya know, the difference between 8-8 and 10-6 is just a few lucky breaks. my dad used to say, "in order to win it all you have to be lucky as well as good". i fully agree with that, because if you look at alot of the champs (ie. rams vs titans, pats vs. everyone) it comes down to the last play and a well prepared but lucky break as well.

so while i agree with you partially, when we were 5-6 we turned it around and went 10-6 with a few breaks (such as the philly fumble returned by ST for the TD). :2cents:

I think our worst outcome will be 7-9 and at our peak 11-5. I think that for the most part we are going to split with our division rivals. We are more than likely going to win most of the NFC north opponents. We should win 2 of the games against the AFC east opponents That would gives us 6 games right there and 3 against our division rivals. I think that we could win against the Bucs. That would gives us 10. Maybe there is a possibility that we sneak one against the jets or the dare I say against the pats. So that is my outlook.

You get respect when you earn respect. Stop complaining about the media and hope the Skins finally earn respect. Otherwise expect more of the same EVERY year!

I wouldn't mind the disrespect if it wasn't so baseless. It seems that they simply looked at last year's record and regurgitated it. Our defense has looked stellar, and we made the upgrades we needed to make. Our offense is in its second year under Saunders, and every player should be more comfortable. CP is healthy, and we have a great two-back tandem. Our O-line is one of the best in the league. Oh, btw, we are only a year removed from the end of an 10-6 regular season.

Did they mention any of this? No. It doesn't seem like they did any research, and I think that is what is peeving the ES community. If they have the media role of being objective, than at least do your homework. If they had mentioned all those previous points and presented counterpoints, and then finally given us a poor grade, I would have been totally fine with it.

In all honesty, not every reporter will be familiar with the vast improvements a team has shown in two preseason games. If they're still trashing our defense in they play well 3 games into the regular season, we have a problem, but this is almost meritable.

You can't really blame those guys who dislike Snyder/Gibbs/The Redskins and thus give them a bad projection, because if you were on that show, what would you project the cowboys as? I know I would give them hell.

Just to defend their point of view, our defense has looked good in the PRESEASON. Our defense looked horrible in the regular season. So I can understand the statements that our defense will struggle this year.

True...but look at last years preseason...our D was TERRIBLE! Heck we lost 30 something to 0 to the Patriots...we haven't even given up a touchdown this preseason (knocks on wood)...so I think it's safe to say our D has improved substantially! :point2sky

But they pick the Bengals to contend in their division and they did exactly what over 15 years. It is what it is concerning the Redskins.

I say that every year in here. But if anyone takes these 2 seriously, just listen to their Stone Cold Lead Pipe Locks each week. They aren't very good at picking. One's a metrosexual and the other is a fat lump who's brother had a better career than him.

Archived