Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike and Mike just said........

CAMPBELL2MOSS4SIX

I've been waiting for someone to post this. Basically Greenberg wasn't there, and his replacement said we'd go 5-11. Golic said 6-10, basically because of our defense. He used last year's statistics to base his claim that our defense is going to struggle. He didn't mention that we got London Fletcher. He did mention Landry, and said he liked him, though. He liked Campbell, but he said that most guys who start in their first full year struggle.

Greenberg's replacement said that he thinks it's going to be 5-11 because of the fundamental philosophy of the team. Basically, in so many words, he doesn't like Snyder.

Golic said he doesn't see much improvement from or D this year from last year. That to me just proves how they really don't do much homework when preparing these "2-a-days." He hasn't followed much of our off season, and obviously has not see a Skins preseason game yet. I completely understand if he wants to go 6-10, but don't blame it on something you haven't even researched. :doh:

Our D will probably be our best unit this year.

The Skins will go 8-8 and 6-10. But last year they both pick the Skins to go 9-7. This team is way better than last years team on paper and on the field. What do these guys be looking at?

Seriously....we were 5-11 last year... What would give them any reason why we will do much better than that?

I mean I hope I am wrong, and I hope we do win a lot of games...but I am not confident that they can win even 8 games this year....

While listening to the Redskins two-a-day on Mike and Mike this morning I realized something. There are a good number of analysts that do not do their homework. They could only name Laron Landry as an improvement for our defense. There was no mention of Fletcher, Smoot, Rocky, or anyone else for that matter. I'd tell them to either do their homework or shut up.

Earth to media haters....

Out of the last 15 years how many times have we even made the playoffs?

You get respect when you earn respect. Stop complaining about the media and hope the Skins finally earn respect. Otherwise expect more of the same EVERY year!

While listening to the Redskins two-a-day on Mike and Mike this morning I realized something. There are a good number of analysts that do not do their homework. They could only name Laron Landry as an improvement for our defense. There was no mention of Fletcher, Smoot, Rocky, or anyone else for that matter. I'd tell them to either do their homework or shut up.

I do agree with all of you guys though....the national media coverage is ridiculous! Those guys are nothing but DONKEYS!

Do the research or put a sock in it!

Golic said he doesn't see much improvement from or D this year from last year. That to me just proves how they really don't do much homework when preparing these "2-a-days." He hasn't followed much of our off season, and obviously has not see a Skins preseason game yet. I completely understand if he wants to go 6-10, but don't blame it on something you haven't even researched. :doh:

Our D will probably be our best unit this year.

While I love the way the D is playing, most people except us here, cannot get over the fact that the Skins have done absolutely nothing to upgrade the DLine. That's a glaring :nono: in the eyes of many. It really doesn't matter how GW, JG, or us fans spin it, the DLine cannot produce pressure. Statistically speaking, a DLine has to produce pressure for the D to excel. I look forward to seeing us prove them wrong, but I will not damn them for their predictions. In fact, if I remember correctly, last year when they picked us to go 9-7 most of the homers fired off about some "media hate" and how we get "no love" because some people around here believed that to be too low. Look how that turned out for both Mike and Mike and the "Media Hate" theorists. :doh:

They "be" looking at our opponents this year, our D line didnt do much to upgrade, Young QB, etc.

I can see how they pick us to be there.

I have to agree with you, we haven't given them much to hype us up about.

But it would be nice to go out and give the media a nice big Sh!tburger to eat. :D

Looking at this the other way - perhaps we're putting too much stock into how good the defense has looked in preseason. The offenses we've faced have been pretty vanilla. We didn't have to face Young and the Steelers played pretty conservatively. I'm encouraged but won't be convinced until after week 2 against the Eagles. I can't fault the analysts for not paying closer attention to the preseason.

Honestly if they said 12-4 would that make anyone feel any better? It wouldnt make me feel any better....just more ammo for them to jump on our backs when we struggle. I like being under the radar. Golic i enjoy ...that Seibel character is such a clown...seriously he's a joke. All he ever mentions is Snyder this and Snyder that. That would work but what about the playoff run we made just 2 years ago??? Oh by the way Snyder did own the team then.

Its the players, coaches etc...that are more to blame then Snyder....I guess if he didnt have Snyder he'd find something else to moan and groan about. By the way that fill-in for Greeney is a Bengals fan....go figure. Have they won a playoff game this lifetime?

You get respect when you earn respect. Stop complaining about the media and hope the Skins finally earn respect. Otherwise expect more of the same EVERY year!

I never said I hated their prediction. I actually said I understand why he would say 6-10. The only thing I hate is somone who doesn't do their homework and then basing their prediction on their inacurate assumption.

to earn respect, you should do drugs and title yourself "america's team"

**** the media.

Meh, who cares really? You gotta prove it on the field. We don't deserve accolades until we show something. The lack of depth on the O-line is what scares me. Also, the inability for someone to claim that #2 Receiver spot. Still waiting for somebody to take the bull by the horns there.

IF we stay healthy and IF Campbell can truly master the offense then we could be pretty damn special. But those are big IF's.

I know we're all homers here, but we have to be realistic about the situation. Yes, we did upgrade our LB corps and defensive secondary corps, but what we didn't do is upgrade the pass rush which has an older DE and Tackle with a young, not fully battle tested Tackle with an underachieving DE. Our offensive line is also shaky on the left with a project guard and overall our average age of the line is what, like 30 something??? Also, I love Campbell to death and think he is the future of our franchise, but he is not that experienced and will probably struggle more than we like....

My overall prediction, with all homerism aside is 9-7 or 10-6, BUT I COULD BE HORRIBLY OFF, and it all depends how our major holes hold up.

The Skins will go 8-8 and 6-10. But last year they both pick the Skins to go 9-7. This team is way better than last years team on paper and on the field. What do these guys be looking at?

Most of the time the formula for these "predictions" are simple.

Just take last years record, add or subtract 1 maybe 2 games. Done.

This helps to minimize any thought or actual homework on the part of the "experts".

:)

Archived