Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official team release on Godfrey, Marshall.

Art

Pardon the dead horse resurrection, but releasing Marshall now really makes me wonder about the Briggs trade again. Didn't we supposadly agree to Briggs & #31 for the #6 , but rejected their counter to throw in Lemar? If we were going to cut him anyway, why not pull the trigger or at least counter back?

This move did not surprise me. Although in position, Lamar was missing tackles all over the field versus the Steelers. I have always appreciated Lamar, as he has been an underdog his entire Pro career. He has lasted much longer than any of the "experts" ever expected. I hope someone picks him up. Best wishes LM!

Pardon the dead horse resurrection, but releasing Marshall now really makes me wonder about the Briggs trade again. Didn't we supposadly agree to Briggs & #31 for the #6 and Rocky, but rejected their counter to throw in Lemar? If we were going to cut him anyway, why not pull the trigger or at least counter back?

The rumor I heard was that we offered to throw in Lamar but the Bears wanted Rocky....

:applause:

Haha...you almost got me in trouble b/c I was about to laugh my ass off. Mind you, I'm currently sitting in Professional Responsibility for law school.

"Sir, I take the skin off chicken..."

you need to post here more often with a great name like that. 90% of this board probably doesnt get it either, but for the 10% that does, oh buddy.

"why dont you just get a job as a late night security cop....tell NOM stories!"

And for thse conjecturing that he asked to be released, please see this from JLC's blog:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

"The Redskins have released linebacker Lemar Marshall, whose production last season was affected by injuries and, consequently, had fallen somewhat out of favor with the team.

Still, he was a solid special teams guy and knew how to play every linebacker position in this defense. Privately, he had worried about his role and was uncertain about his future here, but said this morning he had not asked for a trade.

"I'm totally surprised," he said.

We'll add more as we get it."

you need to post here more often with a great name like that. 90% of this board probably doesnt get it either, but for the 10% that does, oh buddy.

Is a Point Break reference really that obscure? I don't think so.

Haha...man, I could do this all day. Glad to see that there are other people out there that love this movie.

"I AM AN F.B.I. AGENT, BODIE!"

I admit I don't have any clue about Godfey having not seen him play but most people are claiming he is a reject. I would think if he started 13 games and a playoff game for the Chargers defense hes gotta be pretty good...I hope this signing doesn't mean Marcus' injury is pretty serious, but it looks like it.

Archived