Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ocean City MD

Captain James

Plus their crabmeat is imported...from Vietnam or Thailand area...

BUT if you're going to do the buffet, I guess there is some slack given...who can't pass up a buffet? ;) Some Man Law slack there...

You beat me to it. If you want good crab cakes, you need to go to G&M in Glen Burnie. These are by far the best crab cakes in the US. Timbuktu, which is close by is the 2nd best.

Phillips purchases their crab from Thailand and the Phillipines. Do you really want that crap?

You clearly haven't been to Stoney's in Solomon's Island. ;)

To hell with both of those, there is a restaurant called The Village in Chincoteague and has the best crab cakes around (make reservations the day before or you won't get in), and when you finish dinner you can drive down the street and get ice cream at the Island Creamery.

haha. that actually made me laugh pretty good. Nah man, I'm just here in the Lanc for college. I go to Lancaster Bible College. Everyone here just laughs now when those jokes are made. You'd be surprised how diverse this city is though. Yeah, there are PLENTY of farms and the whole amish thing, but there is also a huge suburban area and then the inner city too. I don't blame ya though for takin a crack though :laugh:

My wife went to Millersville, so I'm a little familiar with the area. Been to the Lancaster Brewing Company. :cheers:

Big Peckers... :laugh: ....I had lunch there the other day. Nice burger. Yes, there was a gigling bunch of women buying t-shirts and taking pictures while I was there...but sadly, they were old women... :doh:

You are 19...so Phillips buffet is probably a better bet for you...quantity vs. quality. When I was 19 Phillips was the ****.

When you get older you will probably prefer quality...so try these places in West Ocean City:

Marlin Moon Grill in the Francis Scott Key Motel...$30 will get you an excellent entree'...no buffet.

Captain's Galley II - excellent crab cakes.

If you like BBQ - try Smoker's Pit BBQ on 611 (the road to Assateague). It looks like an old Country General Store with a screened porch on the side...excellent Pork BBQ. They have smokers in the back...not pricey :)

If you like Sushi - try the Rice House...or if you are in town...try OC Wasabi on 28th street.

If you want some gourmet food...try Liquid Assets on 94th Street. It is a cool place.

Just some thoughts!

The quality of food in OC has gone south. There was a time when places like Seacrets was a "secret" and had great food. Even Fish Tales had great food at one time. Now it's become such an over-populated resort that the restaurants have sacrificed quality for quantity.

We just got back from a long vacation down there and went to many restaurants and believe it or not RJ we thought that Big Peckers had the best food.

After a round of golf at Eagle's Landing we stopped at the aforementioned Smoker's BBQ and were pleasantly surprised. I did have to drag my buddy away though because he fell in love with the Scandinavian waitress and with good reason. :D

We even took our annual trip to Smitty McGee's on RT 54 for their wings, crab dip, etc. and for the first time we were disappointed.

Again, the quality of food in general in OC is horrible and we are now discovering if you want good food go to the places that look like a dive and have liitle overhead.

The restaurant I remember liking best was The Hobbit. It's kind of hidden, especially for a fairly big place, but I remember it serving really nice dishes. Surprisingly, for a place named after bilbo, it's on the expensive side and not a kiddie place at all. It's not even really family-oriented. I remember the entrees starting in the twenties and going up into the thirties and that was several years ago.

As a kid I used to love Paul Revere's.... what a horrible salty buffet. Later on my parents enjoyed going to Hall's buffet... expensive, but I thought it was better than Phillips. My favorite place to eat was this family-style restaurant off St. Martin's Neck... also my family loved Harpoon Hanna's... I've now since learned my parents have poor taste in food.... you guys will probably confirm this... also there was Waterman's...

This was in the mid-late 90s... my family owned a place in Ocean Pines and sold it since we were off to college. I don't know if this was related to the parents-less party I had after senior year.... I thought we were well behaved... spending summers there was so nice...

Ok i have a place there and being goin since i was a baby......... U want seafood or crabs? I recommend order them from BEST crabs off 145 street (i believe) i can get you the # if u need it............The name says it all......

Mexican food and one of the better restaurants: Tequilla Mockingbird Grill (127th street) go early cause it gets packed! Great bar and great drinks

Fagers Island: Good food, great deck with the famous sunset view! If you want to splurge eat inside where they have an amazing Filet.

Pizza/subs: You really cant go wrong in OC......but my favorite is Billy's Subs and Pizza.....Two locations (one is 145th street and other one is around 120th)......Great pizza (NY style), the best steak and cheese (better then Bull on the Beach), and wings are amazing..

I actually have never been to Big Peckers...Is it worth it next time I go?

Sup boys and girls. Hey, I was just wondering. I spent the past week in Ocean City Maryland and was wondering if any other brothers/sisters in Redskins were there chillin as well. I DID see several skins related items/clothing being worn while I was there so I was curious as to whether any of them were fellow extremers.

:point2sky

Not me, but since I see you live in Lancaster, and only a handful of other people do as well, do you know a girl named Mindy that recently had her PT cruiser destroyed by a drunk driver?

Big Peckers... :laugh: ....I had lunch there the other day. Nice burger. Yes, there was a gigling bunch of women buying t-shirts and taking pictures while I was there...but sadly, they were old women... :doh:

You are 19...so Phillips buffet is probably a better bet for you...quantity vs. quality. When I was 19 Phillips was the ****.

When you get older you will probably perfer quality...so try these places in West Ocean City:

Marlin Moon Grill in the Francis Scott Key Motel...$30 will get you an excellent entree'...no buffet.

Captain's Galley II - excellent crab cakes.

If you like BBQ - try Smoker's Pit BBQ on 611 (the road to Assateague). It looks like an old Country General Store with a screened porch on the side...excellent Pork BBQ. They have smokers in the back...not pricey :)

If you like Sushi - try the Rice House...or if you are in town...try OC Wasabi on 28th street.

If you want some gourmet food...try Liquid Assets on 94th Street. It is a cool place.

Just some thoughts!

Which one do you work at?

No Ketchup, just Vinegar!

That ain't right, unless the vinegar has been mixed into tomatoes and mustard seed.

My wife went to Millersville, so I'm a little familiar with the area. Been to the Lancaster Brewing Company. :cheers:
Her nem isn't Bonnie M from Richboro is it?

Hey guys I live/work in Ocean City during the summer. For everyone saying there is nowhere good to eat in OC I suggest you try out Jules Fine Dining on 118th st. I may be biased because I work there but I think we have the best food in OC. Most entrees range from 27-35. We also do lite fare as well. Alot of the food in OC is the same sysco crap. Some advice: If you are going out for crabs don't get all you can eat, get some big crabs by the dozen. Higgins resteams crabs, don't go there. Pickles on 7th street has some really good bar food. Three brothers pizza is prob the best pizza in town. Fat Daddys is my fav sub shop. West OC has some really good places to eat/drink also. Iguana Surf, Sunset Grill, Harbor Side(get an orange crush w/a GM floater), marlin moon. But if you appreciate good food, come to Jules. -Daniel

Well damn...my plan is getting slammed here. Perhaps I really should reconsider. I would prefer not to go to some restaurant like Big Pecker's where giggling female morons buy t-shirts and high-five their friends, but I get dragged along and pay for mediocre food. Yes, I'm bitter.

:laugh: It was bound to happen once your thread caught the notice of us Ocean City veterans.

Archived