Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Karl Rove to quit at end of August

#98QBKiller

What liberal media?

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlDC/west_wing_reportage/bill_plantes_having_none_of_this_garden_party_64986.asp

Bill Plante's Having None of This Garden Party

As Karl Rove embraced President Bush today following an emotional farewell announcement on the South Lawn, the solemnity of the moment was shattered by Bill Plante of CBS, who bellowed to Bush: "If he's so smart, how come you lost Congress?"

And the Democrats Rejoice!!

And well they should since he trounced them for years with a so called village idiot,a couple of house (unmentionables) and a Haliburton owned warmonger. :laugh:

The Dems built him into a legend with their own stupidity and incompetence.

And I doubt they learned from it. :2cents:

I'm still wondering if he did more harm long-term for his party, than good for them.

Why in the world are you still wondering about that? To me the answer is obvious, and it will be proven in next year's election and in years to come as we struggle to clean up and pay for their mess in Iraq and here on the home front, economically speaking, legally, and politically. Its honestly very difficult to calculate just how much damage they have managed to cause in such a short period of time.

I might add that after today hearing the responses from some of the democratic party, They are just a classless bunch. In the past, even when asked of opponents, Bush, still had nice things to say about them.

Let me ask you this: if you were watching what you preceived as a bunch of criminals who had for the last 6 years run roughshot over Washington DC, America, the Constitution and the world you really have anything nice to say about them?

If my statements about Rove, Cheney, and Bush are seen as classless, well then so be it, but from where I'm sitting it is incredibly hard for me to find anything nice to say about them, and my guess is that if the shoe were on the other foot then things would be pretty much the exact same.

Let me ask you this: if you were watching what you preceived as a bunch of criminals who had for the last 6 years run roughshot over Washington DC, America, the Constitution and the world you really have anything nice to say about them?

If my statements about Rove, Cheney, and Bush are seen as classless, well then so be it, but from where I'm sitting it is incredibly hard for me to find anything nice to say about them, and my guess is that if the shoe were on the other foot then things would be pretty much the exact same.

No, you can say anything you want. In fact I would expect it. But I am speaking of those in power, congress. And honestly, that's just your opinion.

I agree with the spirit of what 81artmonk is saying. I haven't read yet what they said, been too busy chasing tape, but I do think Congress needs to act with respect and decorum. When Cheney flicked off that Congressman and said F you, I thought it was a horrible breach of ettiquette, even though many Republicans/Conservatives on this site cheered.

This administration has been more divisive and dismissive than almost any other one I am aware of. Their strategy earned them no friends from the opposition and little friendship. On the good side, it turns out at least not to be as partisan a strategy as one would have thought. When Republicans turned against the Immigration Bill, the White House blasted them as Unamerican and evil too.

The gamesmanship of politics has become far more important than the work of politics. Civility, cordiality, cooperation seem to be just words versus tools. It feels like it has been that way for at least the last 15 years, but it may have always been that way. Hopefully, we can change because we have some really important life alterring issues that need to be decided and issues that should be decided cooly and with a long term view. Unfortunately, most D's and R's seem to be operating in a "what's in it for me right now" kind of way.

Only a fool would celebrate what they know vs. what could be..

You watch and wait as it actually could be worse.

What if Rove was the voice of reason amongst the War mongers and Iran is next?

What if Rove was the voice of reason amongst the Abortion/Immigration issue and they go hog wild now?

What if...

Life has taught me that even if you don't like someone, dont celebrate till you get to know the next person...

Only a fool would celebrate what they know vs. what could be..

You watch and wait as it actually could be worse.

What if Rove was the voice of reason amongst the War mongers and Iran is next?

What if Rove was the voice of reason amongst the Abortion/Immigration issue and they go hog wild now?

What if...

Life has taught me that even if you don't like someone, dont celebrate till you get to know the next person...

I'm sorry, but he didn't earn the title of "the architect" by disagreeing with Bush & Cheney. All the evidence points to one who was very much at the helm of the administration.

Thiebear's right though. If the one thing the Bush Administration has been consistant with its been finding choices... I mean look how fondly some are looking at Ashcroft now that we have Gonzales. I mean seriously look at Bush's choices, Brown, Ashcroft, Gonzales, Rumsfield, etc.

If my statements about Rove, Cheney, and Bush are seen as classless, well then so be it, but from where I'm sitting it is incredibly hard for me to find anything nice to say about them

Well that's mighty Christian of you.

Oh wait a minute, no, it's not.

You mean like when the Klinton gang was in office?

You mean like when the Klinton gang was in office?

And you would take Rummy over??? Has there EVER in the HISTORY of our country, been a more INEPT and utter FAILURE of a Secretary that Rummy?

Wait, I have an idea, lets get all the generals who know what they are talking about and disagree with me in a room, fire them, and force them into retirement because they don't believe in my plan. Then, I will promote anyone who agrees with me, and give them the helm. That way, I completely surround myself with a bunch of yes men who only know how to take orders and don't know how to think for themselves, and challenge dubious and flaw filled missions.

From the Pat Tillman murder, to the Jessica Lynch lie, to Gitmo, the Abu Ghriab fiasco, unarmed Hum-vees, not enough flack jackets, lack of troops, on and on, has there EVER been a leader of our armed forces who was as completely clueless and inept as Rummy? Ever? I would rather a coin flip run our military than Rummy, at least that way, you know 50% of the time you will chose the right path, not 100% of the time choosing the wrong one.

:2cents:

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain (Rove)...instead focus on Klinton Klinton Klinton!

See, I am sooooooo snappy that I have to spell the former President's name with a "K" so I can infer that he was a racist. And an evil wiberal.

;)

The "K" is for communist BTW ;)

unarmed Hum-vees, not enough flack jackets, lack of troops, on and on, has there EVER been a leader of our armed forces who was as completely clueless and inept as Rummy? Ever? I would rather a coin flip run our military than Rummy, at least that way, you know 50% of the time you will chose the right path, not 100% of the time choosing the wrong one.

:2cents:

"You fight with the military you have"

A nice way for Rummy to say "The last adminstration gutted the military and left it in the condition it's in now, and so this is what we have to fight with"

Archived