Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bill Walsh is dead (Merged X 3)

afparent

When you die, I'll be sure to stop by the funeral parlor and tell all of your family how over-rated you were. While they're still grieving of course. And that their memories of you are all bull****. I'll tell them about the real you... as I saw it

You tell him, zoony.

Tactless cheap shot, if you ask me. The man was a winner and an innovator. And he will be missed.

Rest in Peace.

I rarely feel compelled to post when it is reported that someone has passed away, I just think I don't have much to say, but man I feel so different today.

Of course I don't know the man, but I really, really liked Bill Walsh. I liked him for his obvious innovation and contributions to the NFL but also for the way he handled him self. He seemed like such an awesome guy. The only America's Game episode I watched besides ours of course, was the 49er one with Bill - MUST SEE if you are a fan of football.

I'm sad...

That is one thing Gibbs doesn't really have on his resume. He falls under the Coryell tree.

Every coach falls under some tree or other.

The offense that Gibbs' gets credit for running could not have been further from what Coryell did. Gibbs' added the 2 and 3 TE set and the power running game to a pass-happy offense.

The "Gibbs is re-hashing what Coryell already did" argument is one of the most tired arguments I read. Dozens of coaches were under Coryell. None came anywhere close to the success Gibbs had, Coryell included.

And BTW... Coryell came from a 'tree' himself. :2cents:

Overated. The biggest reason the 49'ers of the 1980s and the early 1990s had so much success is because their division was AWFUL. While the Redskins had to play the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys twice every year, the BEST competion competition the 49ers ever had was Jim Everett's Rams. So basically they had guaranteed home field advantage throughtout the playoffs. even then they were unable to win many of these games - Remember the loss to the Giants, or the loss to the Vikings which allowed the Skins to goto the Superbowl? OVERATED.

I think more then one person would agree with me that this would be your first and ONLY post on this great site... :doh:

Obviously, a lot of us were surprised to hear about his leukemia. I don't recall hearing or reading anything about it. The other shock, at least to me, was finding out he was 75. I never really thought much about his age because he never seemed to change. I still remember his stoic expression through my binoculars during the 1983 NFC Championship Game. That was over 23 years ago and every picture I saw of him lately looked pretty much the same.

RIP Bill. The Niners owe you more than they could ever repay.

Overated. The biggest reason the 49'ers of the 1980s and the early 1990s had so much success is because their division was AWFUL. While the Redskins had to play the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys twice every year, the BEST competion competition the 49ers ever had was Jim Everett's Rams. So basically they had guaranteed home field advantage throughtout the playoffs. even then they were unable to win many of these games - Remember the loss to the Giants, or the loss to the Vikings which allowed the Skins to goto the Superbowl? OVERATED.

Are you kidding me? How mind numbingly stupid of you to post such nonsense, and cold hearted to post it in such a time. Bill Walsh IS one of the greatest coaches to ever grace the game, and an innovator to all. He will be missed. RIP

This is extremely sad. R.I.P. Bill, you were great for the game.

I know there are a lot of men on this site, please guys, check yourself for testicular masses and get a colonoscopy done every year. I'm a medical student, and I can't tell you how many cancer cases are preventable. Sorry for being graphic, but it's relevant.

Good words to heed. Everyone should do a self exam to make sure there are no lumps. Colonscopy is not necessary every year, but a prostate exam for men over 35 should be done every year by your physician.

Archived