Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bill Walsh is dead (Merged X 3)

afparent

If you're a fan of the history of the league, you can't help but appreciate his contributions. If the NFL's Rushmore had about 8-10 spots on it, he'd surely be one of them. His coaching tree is undeniable. That is one thing Gibbs doesn't really have on his resume. He falls under the Coryell tree.

This is extremely sad. R.I.P. Bill, you were great for the game.

I know there are a lot of men on this site, please guys, check yourself for testicular masses and get a colonoscopy done every year. I'm a medical student, and I can't tell you how many cancer cases are preventable. Sorry for being graphic, but it's relevant.

RIP Bill Walsh. The NFL has truly suffered a greivous loss. It is highly debatable that no one person has contributed more to this league than Bill Walsh.

p.s. I have been a Skins fan all my life, never cheering for any other team, and times like these remind me just why that is. It makes me an even prouder fan to witness some of the responses on this site to the passing of coach Walsh.

Class.

Hail To The Redskins!!!

I was reading about him just today in "America's Game". Guy was an assistant under Paul Brown. The first year as a head coach in SF, Steve Deberg went from completing 45% of his passes to 60%. It also mentioned that the Cowboys passed on Montana in the third round of the draft the year he came out, even though he was the highest person on their draft board. The Niners who had the next pick took Montana and the rest is history.

Overated. The biggest reason the 49'ers of the 1980s and the early 1990s had so much success is because their division was AWFUL. While the Redskins had to play the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys twice every year, the BEST competion competition the 49ers ever had was Jim Everett's Rams. So basically they had guaranteed home field advantage throughtout the playoffs. even then they were unable to win many of these games - Remember the loss to the Giants, or the loss to the Vikings which allowed the Skins to goto the Superbowl? OVERATED.

Overated. The biggest reason the 49'ers of the 1980s and the early 1990s had so much success is because their division was AWFUL. While the Redskins had to play the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys twice every year, the BEST competion competition the 49ers ever had was Jim Everett's Rams. So basically they had guaranteed home field advantage throughtout the playoffs. even then they were unable to win many of these games - Remember the loss to the Giants, or the loss to the Vikings which allowed the Skins to goto the Superbowl? OVERATED.

When you die, I'll be sure to stop by the funeral parlor and tell all of your family how over-rated you were. While they're still grieving of course. And that their memories of you are all bull****. I'll tell them about the real you... as I saw it

Archived