Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How good will your team be??????

Jeremiah_Johnson

IrishOrange had a nice qoute in another thread. Here it is........

I'm relatively fine with somebody thinking the Cowboys will suck. That's their right. But it's also somebody's right to think the Cowboys will be good. At this point in time it's pure speculation and to hopefully make for better threads, conversation and a better message board, those who speculate will have reasons behind their speculation

YAKUZA

This got me thinking that we all wrag on each others teams, but we never really go into detail as to why we like our teams chances, and don't like some of the other teams chances.

So I though this could be a good thread if we were all to explain exactly why we like and dislike each team in the NFC.

I'll go first.

Dallas. We finally have a qb, even though redskin nation likes to think otherwise, they would trade for Romo sits to pee in two nano seconds, and everyone knows it.

Got rid of Rivera. He was a bum, that is all I have to say about that.

Phillips D. He was brought in to fix the D, pure and simple. And wherever he goes, he has good D's. I believe we have more talent on D then San Diego has, and look what he did with them.

Its just our time ladies and gents, its just our time

My prediction 11-5

Eagles. The only real competition in the East and they frighten me. They have for years. A healthy McNabb can kill anyone, they have a good Oline, still have westbrook, and before Kearse was hurt last year, a very good D.

My prediction 10-6

Giants. Sorry tom, without Tiki to take some of the pressure off Eli, this team is going to fold like a cheap suit. Coughlin is already on a thin wire, and the NY fans will be calling for his head by week 8. Strahan and Shockey are going to go ballistic on someone at some point during the season.

My prediction 7-9

Skins. Good Oline, and a very good running game, but the qb has little experience and isn't very accurate. If they can keep the other teams from getting a quick lead, they can stay in some ballgames and grind it out, but if the other team gets a couple quick scores, and JC has to throw the ball, turn the lights out.

The D line is one of the worst I've ever seen too. If you can't get good pressure on the qb, you could have 4 Deion Sanders clones back there, and it really doesn't matter. The qb will have enough time to pick em apart.

My prediction 7-9

I'm not looking for comments (I'm sure I'll get them anyway), just more interested in hearing your breakdowns of all the teams.

Dallas. We finally have a qb, even though redskin nation likes to think otherwise, they would trade for Romo sits to pee in two nano seconds, and everyone knows it.

I actually started reading your post and got interested until you uttered the above words. I then lost all interest in the rest of your post.

Let me say one last time before training camp starts. JC is a better QB than Romo sits to pee.

I actually started reading your post and got interested until you uttered the above words. I then lost all interest in the rest of your post.

Let me say one last time before training camp starts. JC is a better QB than Romo sits to pee.

Seconded.

This got me thinking that we all wrag on each others teams, but we never really go into detail as to why we like our teams chances, and don't like some of the other teams chances.

:wtf: two thirds of the threads in ATN the past 4 months have nothing but Poke fans spouting on and on how great they are, and why they will be great this season,

the last thing this forum needs is another Poke fan masturbation thread, so they can waste more band width boring the rest of us about why in "their opinion" (written as a fact) the Pokes will be great, and having a hissy fit anytime someone points out possible flaws with the cowboys

ugh :doh:

The lack of responses speak volumes about what you think of your team

Good luck

You really aren't very smart, are you? That seems to be a trend I have seen with those of you from "Gods Country". I put that in quotes since I normally refer to it as "Gods Crapper Full of Illegals and Bimbo Blondes".

Edit: and if the Boys win 11 I might die of shock. 8 wins at best.

So I though this could be a good thread if we were all to explain exactly why we like and dislike each team in the NFC.

I'll go first.

So you start off your "good thread" that's suipposed to go into details why you like the Cowboys instead of just ragging on rival teams...by ragging on rival team's fans? lol :doh:

Is this thread asking a question? The puntuation in the title left a lot of room for ambiguity.

I think the Eagles are going to be a very good team this season. I don't believe there is a team in the division with a real chance of competing. The Cowboys are a fringe playoff team and the Giants and Redskins are also rans or worse.

the last thing this forum needs is another Poke fan masturbation thread, so they can waste more band width boring the rest of us about why in "their opinion" (written as a fact) the Pokes will be great, and having a hissy fit anytime someone points out possible flaws with the cowboys

Ah, let's skip over the fact that I showed that Skins fans have guaranteed or practically guaranteed Cowboys doom in 2007 despite your incorrect claims that "Skins fans aren't "guaranteeing" the Pokes will will be bad."

As much as you believe that Cowboys fans are stating an opinion and writing it as fact, Redskins fans do the same exact thing.

If you have an opinion or if you believe something will happen about your team or another team it's not a bad thing. But to act like Redskins fans (or any fan of any team for that matter) are different is laughable.

Plus, the entire point of this thread is to ask how good do you think your team will be and that can apply mostly to fans of any team in the NFC East and the entire NFL.

YAKUZA

I did the EXACT SAME THING! Seriously, I do not want Romo sits to pee on the 'skins.

As for the outlook, I think the Cowboys could be good or bad. I think Romo sits to pee is a big question mark that could be a positive or a negative. And to say that they finally have their qb is more premature than a thirteen year old at a mixer getting his first hand job.

A whole lot of posts saying nothing in this thread. Why did nobody other than OWUEagle even attempt to answer the question posed in the OP, me thinks its because some people dont like the answer when they are honest with themselves

My answer

Dallas 10-6- An improved defense helps tremendously to go along with a top 10 offense.

Philly-10-6 McNabb is the best QB in the division and westy is the best RB if both stay healthy Philly is definately in the playoffs

NYGiants-8-8- CBs and OLine are concerns, Eli should improve but not enough for this year

Washington- 7-9- Campbell shows promise in his first full year of starting, but not enough to be a serious contender this year

A whole lot of posts saying nothing in this thread. Why did nobody other than OWUEagle even attempt to answer the question posed in the OP, me thinks its because some people dont like the answer when they are honest with themselves

Yanno, if you just read the posts we gave, you'd have your answer.

Whoops, I forgot...you don't really want an answer lol.

Ah, let's skip over the fact that I showed that Skins fans have guaranteed or practically guaranteed Cowboys doom in 2007 despite your incorrect claims that "Skins fans aren't "guaranteeing" the Pokes will will be bad."

As much as you believe that Cowboys fans are stating an opinion and writing it as fact, Redskins fans do the same exact thing.

If you have an opinion or if you believe something will happen about your team or another team it's not a bad thing. But to act like Redskins fans (or any fan of any team for that matter) are different is laughable.

Plus, the entire point of this thread is to ask how good do you think your team will be and that can apply mostly to fans of any team in the NFC East and the entire NFL.

YAKUZA

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: more BS

do you really want to compare quotes?

seriously, and BTW the 4 quotes you cherry picked didn't even do what I said Skin fans did not do "guaranteeing" the Pokes will lose... but why worry about details.

while not every single Poke fan or Skin fan fit exactly into my statements, the overall general population represented in ATN do.

Geez just read any thread THA, J_J, M&W, BigDFan5, and many others post in :laugh:

tell you what, lets have a contest, See how many fans have said that they don't know how their team or players or the other teams or players will do next season... and see which fan group is more realistic

Just because you deny the point, doesn't change it

and it's not limited to just Poke fans, but in the media, especilly the local Dallas media has been writting stuff that comes right out and says the pokes should be a SB contender, Romo sits to pee is the next Aikman, The Pokes OL will improve, the Pokes run game is great, The defnse will be great, etc....

Yanno, if you just read the posts we gave, you'd have your answer.

Whoops, I forgot...you don't really want an answer lol.

Bingo

just more false bravado

it's really sad how much Poke fans (in general) need to have some kind of validation of their team or their choice of favorite team constantly

of course if the Skins where headed ionto next season with such unrealistic lofty expectations, and have so many questions unanswered, I would probably be as insecure as they are ... not really, but trying to throw them a bone

Okay I will try and do this in the spirit if not the way JJ started the thread ..

What I think bout MY team the Redskins

Offence : JC showed considtant improvement through his 7 starts . His accuracy issued have been over played mostly because he had essentially no time to get into a rythm with his WRs being listed week to week as No3. on the depth chart . I think his pinicle game in 2006 was the Vs the Giants where he lead the team and almost made the comeback....amonst doen't get the bills paid but he lead the team and showed poise and decision making skills to build upon and despite his accuracy isses was very careful with the ball . He is Inexperienced but has a total of 4 games less experience than some other HoF bound Qbs in the NFCE ....

RB can only be improved with the return of Portis ...people thing he has a huge ego and will not be happy splitting time with Betts but this is the guy who was begging Edge to come to the Skins insted of Arizona . Portis is a team first guy who punishes himself every carry and splitting time with an improved Betts can only be a good thing. Cartwright may be on the bubble as No3 RB with Blaylock comming in but his ST play may save him . Sellars should get more opportunities in the RZ either as a lead blocker, power runner or recvieving target.

OL : One of the best units in the leauge the loss of Dockety will hurt but hopefully not for long with Wade or Whitticker stepping in and you have to belive Buges will have ways to make up for any short comming .. The depth isn't too bad either with guys with starting experience as back ups ...it could be better but depth is better than a year ago.

WR/TE possibly the most worrying unit on the offence if Moss is not healthy ...can Lloyd of ARE really step up ? The strange thing about the WRs is that Saunders system in KC thrived with no names so comming to Washington should have been a bonus . The porblem was ARE and Lloydd were critizesed as being nothing more than No3. recievers and then they went out to prove everyone right playing worse than there billing in cases . Cooley had a poor start to the year but started getting it together with Campbell later in the year ... TE other than that is average at best .

The defence later

This is a troll thread.

JJ, try backing up some of the stuff you write with an article or two from an accredited source...it may give your statements some weight...

...but, you might also try to remember where you are...where bashing Redskins opponents is acceptable, and bashing the Skins IS NOT.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: more BS

do you really want to compare quotes?

seriously, and BTW the 4 quotes you cherry picked didn't even do what I said Skin fans did not do "guaranteeing" the Pokes will lose... but why worry about details.

You're delusional. It's not too hard to find these quotes with the search engine and stating that meltdowns are going to be great and they will stink and miss the playoffs is guaranteeing the Pokes will lose. Again, I don't have a problem with it, but let's call a spade a spade here.....Cowboys fans have a bias towards the Cowboys and Redskins have a bias against the Cowboys. Acting like it doesn't happen or that one side is right and the other is wrong for doing it nearly falls in the spectrum of being fascist.

YAKUZA

Archived