Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is a true Redskin Fan

paloosa

I have been on this site for a little over 2 years and I want to know what is a true Redskin Fan? IMO, He is a believer in the Team, the Organization, and the Coaching Staff. I have been a Redskins Fan for over 30 years and I see all these posts on here about how the team hasn't done nothing in the off-season, they need to draft more and less in Free agency, they have too many holes to fill, and that certain players aren't as good as other players on other teams. That is hog-wash. Big name players and high profile coaches don't always equal Super Bowl. Look at T.O., Bill Parcells, Randy Moss, Wade Phillips, LT, Shawne Merriman and yes Joe Gibbs. But all of these players and coaches have had success and I believe Joe Gibbs will suceed where others have failed.

NFL Experts and analysts are proven wrong every year by their predictions, whether it is Mel Kiper during the draft or Tom Jackson in his Super Bowl predictions. As I stated in previous postings, these guys aren't experts because they are flawed by homerism and a hate for certain teams. Dallas is always in the Super Bowl hunt because of a coach or a player added and the the Redskins are always a sub .500 team because they do the same thing. So a true fan will block out those things and have faith in their team even if some of the things they say are backed by fact. Luck and unforseen events can come into play at anytime. For example, the win over the Dallas Cowboys a few years ago when Brunell threw 2 TD's to Santana Moss in the 4th QT to win the game. So all you Redskins Fans stand up for your team and keep the faith. There is diffently a special thing happening and this is the year to watch. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

This is a internet forum, of course your going to hear wild ideas and different arguments.

I dont listen to or read any of the so called experts, because most of them havent even played 1 down of football in their lives. I dont know why some people here get so worked up over them to be honest.

Us true fans have been going to games since the age of 5 , and havent missed but maybe 2 home games in all those years. ;)

i would say a "True" Redskins fan is a fan since day 1. You do have to believe in the team/organization/progress of the franchise no matter what. you have to be able to always be optomistic but also be critical in a respectful manor. If you have ever said "the redskins suck" you arent a true fan. You have to RESPECT the team in good times or bad

Im a true Redskins fan for these reasons.

1. I havent missed a game in about 5+ season.

2. I wear my jerseys and hat, and other Skins gear every game.

3. I support the Redskins when we win or lose.

4. I only remember us making the playoffs 2 times(99, 06) and I have still stayed a fan..To me a true fan stays with their team no matter what.

5. I always think we're going to win.

i would say a "True" Redskins fan is a fan since day 1. You do have to believe in the team/organization/progress of the franchise no matter what. you have to be able to always be optomistic but also be critical in a respectful manor. If you have ever said "the redskins suck" you arent a true fan. You have to RESPECT the team in good times or bad

However you can say that certain individual players suck ex. Warrick Holdman, Michael Westbrook, Rod Gardner. :D

I thinkI am a true Redskin fan becasue I didn't expierience any of the Glory years. The last Super Bowl we won I was 2. I don't know how it feels to get pass the second round. I can't wait to see how it feels.

Yea you and me both, bro. Just the fact that we're still around after over a decade of nothing must mean something.

A fan is someone who supports the team. Not everyone can go to every game, watch every game, or knows every player, coach, staff member, or FO guy. People that are the biggest fans IMO are those who cheer for this team and have done so through every bump in the road.

"It's easy to grin when your ship has come in and you've got the stock market beat. But a man worthwhile is the man that can smile when his shorts are too tight in the seat."

HTTR

Im a true Redskins fan for these reasons.

1. I havent missed a game in about 5+ season.

2. I wear my jerseys and hat, and other Skins gear every game.

3. I support the Redskins when we win or lose.

4. I only remember us making the playoffs 2 times(99, 06) and I have still stayed a fan..To me a true fan stays with their team no matter what.

5. I always think we're going to win.

QFT. :applause:

A true fan always believes somehow that the team will win, even down to the wire when they are announcing who directed the game and we are down by 4 TDs.

A true fan becomes emotionally unstable after a loss, and looks for small animals to maim.

A true fan becomes emotionally exhuberant after a win, and looks for anyone not wearing a Pukes jersey to hug, and injures himself/herself giving airbourne high-fives to random people.

A true fan only accepts two criteria for evaluating if a season has been a good one; a) Skins win the Superbowl, or B) We sweep Dallas.

*note - When they both happen, a true fan is in such a euphoric mood that they spend considerable time reparing the physical and emotional damage experienced by the small animals noted in the loss comment.

A true fan is not afraid to wear a Redskins jersey into a Dallas Bar or Veterans Stadium at any time.

A true fan always thinks of Darrel Green when eating a Tootsie Roll, and of John Riggins when reading something about the Supreme Court.

/Bring on the Pain:helmet:

This is a internet forum, of course your going to hear wild ideas and different arguments.

I dont listen to or read any of the so called experts, because most of them havent even played 1 down of football in their lives. I dont know why some people here get so worked up over them to be honest.

Us true fans have been going to games since the age of 5 , and havent missed but maybe 2 home games in all those years. ;)

THANK YOU!!:applause: haha I honestly have a picture of me in a roller chair at redskins stadium wit ha redskins white and red hoodie on. how many people can say they have proof they have been skins fans from the beg. hahaha its cracks me up cus im in a roller with the most awesome redskins hoodie on

What makes me a TRUE Redskins fan???

I have been a fan through many ups and downs through the years since 1968 and have always stuck by them no matter what.

I wear my Redskins gear proudly no matter if we win or lose.

I am a season ticket holder and have been going to both home and some away games for close to 30 years.

I have a Redskins room that is more like a shrine.

I have a Redskins tattoo.

My wife says I’m obsessed with the Redskins, because my decisions in life are based on the Redskins schedule, meaning we plan our vacations and just about everything else, including our wedding around the football season.

I even wanted to have myself and my best man and groomsman wear burgundy tuxedos and have the bridesmaids wear gold dresses and have HTTR played at our wedding 25 years ago, but the wife nixed that idea.

Hey, I at least tried. :laugh:

Archived