Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network Radio reports 'Skins will be interested in Tank Johnson.

DTN Redskin

I would not have a serious problem with it. He was cut for a DUI that he didn't even commit. The guy said he wants to turn his life around and I can see him doing it before Pacman. His previous charge was a weapons violation which is bad, but at least he isn't roughing up strippers or having his posse shoot bouncers.

I've gathered that there is a reason that he can not be signed just yet but I don't think I've heard what it is.

At any rate, I don't want him.

You may change your mind later in the season if our run defense resembles last year's at all .

Most likely just speculation.

Many in the sports media are still operating under the illusion that the Redskins are interested in every player that becomes available.

So practically every player that is teamless or on the trading block, the Redskins are going to get mentioned.

I remember back in 2002 when the Skins took a chance on Daryl Gardener who was coming off 2 back surgeries. In his one season with the team, he was a beast.

If Tank Johnson can provide any help to the DL rotation, I would gladly have him.

Some people need to take off the white wig long enough to maybe start thinking about how it may be possible to get this guy the help that he needs and possibly bring him in to help our team. Just talk to him and see where his head is at.

Should he now just be thrown under a prison because he has used bad judgement?

And for all of the wanna be prosecutors out there, please don't remind me of all the horrific things that Tank has done to not deserve a chance to play for the Redskins.

While I do not directly compare the two individuals, if Joe could employ Dexter Manley, he COULD work with Johnson. Whether or not he SHOULD is the next question. If anyone can help Tank, it would more than likely be Joe Gibbs.

Bring him in and let Coach have a heart to heart with Tank and at least hear what he has to say. Writing this guy off because of a couple of bad decisions would be a ginormous mistake.

The kid is 25 and coming into the prime of his career.

Not saying we should jump all over this guy but lets hear him out.

if we dont sign tank johnson, we are veeeery stupid. im sure snyder already has the initial contract offer worked out.

Agreed, I don't think he has a history, just an incident. If he can help those eight games then it is better then nothing. If history is at least consistent the Griff will be injured by midseason anyways.

Just talk to him and see where his head is at.

Should he now just be thrown under a prison because he has used bad judgement?

I am not surprised by this decision, but I am relieved," Johnson said in a statement released by his lawyer. "I am still disappointed at having been released by the Bears yet I know the organization was placed in a difficult position when I was stopped by police. Now I will move on to look for an opportunity with another NFL team, and make the most of it when it comes.

"In the meantime, I will stay in shape and spend time with my family."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2926935

No troubles for a full year, except the speeding 40/25.

I remember back in 2002 when the Skins took a chance on Daryl Gardener who was coming off 2 back surgeries. In his one season with the team, he was a beast.

If Tank Johnson can provide any help to the DL rotation, I would gladly have him.

Love the Monte Coleman pics in your sig.

Archived