Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network Radio reports 'Skins will be interested in Tank Johnson.

DTN Redskin

No, I speed alot, i was just saying, speeding at 3 am is the same at speeding at 7 pm. Not against speeding, i say week 8 we start him. Better than any of our D line players and if he goes to jail, we dont have to pay him. Remember that.

Bring on the TANK!!!

1. We are all humans - some have better control - some let the money control them.

2. The BEARS kicked him to the crub before it was determined he wasn't not drunk driving - I be a little pissed by the reaction of my teams - Yes you can argure this put him over the edge. But if someone takes me and sits me down and says OK now you are on my team - I will take care you but you are going to have to follow some rules here and if you get out of line you know what will happen.

3. Redskins take him in and add strength to the D line - When we play the Bears later this year - Tank being on our side is a good thing.

4. NEVER make decisions with emotions - He will be a Redskin.

5. Why the HELL does everyone get into a knot about how we get and don't get - You do realize that your thinking is not magically trasferred to the FO. FO is going to do what is best for the team.

6. Wait for the season to start first!!!!

After seeing the actual facts and stats of each of the three defensive units from last season, and comparing them to the two previous seasons when the defense was top 10 and top 5, I'm convinced that Gibbs and Williams identified the most glaring weaknesses on defense and addressed them with what limited resources they had. After listening to both the players and the coaches talk about how they had to change the way the D-line played to make up for the deficiencies in the LB and secondary units, I'm convinced that the D-line will be solid once again if they are not spending half the season trying to mask the play of the back seven.

Now, if the only thing I looked at was number of sacks and rushing yards allowed, I might be scared simply because I wouldn't know enough to feel otherwise.

well i guess ill stop looking sacks from the dline, cause lord knows theyre not supposed to be getting to the quarterback. and who would put rush yards on the weight of our front 4, theyre not supposed to be clogging holes or forcing runners to reroute. im really glad weve got plenty of 30+ year old DTs and DEs to help us out.

and the only thing we switched in the LB corp was fletcher, rocky played in the last giants game and limited time here and there, and we still got run all over (you can watch it again tomorrow, itll be on NFL network around 4pm). we shouldnt be relying on guys in the secondary to be stopping the run and MASKING their ineffectiveness.

our dline is probably the worst in the nfl at the moment, and our only hope is that carter plays like its december for 4 months and golston and mont are all theyre hyped up to be.

well i guess ill stop looking sacks from the dline, cause lord knows theyre not supposed to be getting to the quarterback.

I think the most sacks our D-line has ever given us under Williams is 19. Last season the D-line gave us 13. That means that the back seven only gave us six sacks the entire season. Why the hell would you want to spend time faulting the D-line for the team's lack of sacks?

and who would put rush yards on the weight of our front 4, theyre not supposed to be clogging holes or forcing runners to reroute.

High rushing averages don't mean that they weren't...but it may mean that the lbs and cbs weren't doing their jobs, shedding blocks, taking correct angles or just tackling well.

im really glad weve got plenty of 30+ year old DTs and DEs to help us out.

If Golston ends up starting over Salave'a, we'll only have two 30+ year old starters on the D-line. Miami somehow managed to have the #4 defense with three 30+ year olds starting.

and the only thing we switched in the LB corp was fletcher

Yeah, the MLB's play has little to no effect on the defense...so you're right, upgrading hugely in that position means little.

rocky played in the last giants game and limited time here and there, and we still got run all over (you can watch it again tomorrow, itll be on NFL network around 4pm).

Even YOU know there's a monstrous difference between playing in your rookie season next to Lemar Marshall and Warrick Holdman, and playing next to London Fletcher and Marcus Washington after a year of experience and study and two training camps. If you don't, then there's no reason to continue pretending an intelligent discussion can take place between you and I.

we shouldnt be relying on guys in the secondary to be stopping the run and MASKING their ineffectiveness.

1) The Skins didn't "rely" on the secondary to stop the run...

2) It was the d-line that was trying to mask the secondary's ineffectiveness, not the other way around.

when he is in DC and signing a contract then I will worry about Tank Johnson. If the Skins are interested at that point so will be a whole lot of other teams and his price will go up. Silly talk as far as I'm concerned. This goes against everything Gibbs has been saying.:logo:

when he is in DC and signing a contract then I will worry about Tank Johnson. If the Skins are interested at that point so will be a whole lot of other teams and his price will go up. Silly talk as far as I'm concerned. This goes against everything Gibbs has been saying.:logo:

That's my feeling, too...and for the record, if I heard the Skins WERE having Tank in for a visit it wouldn't bother me really. If they do not, it won't bother me, either.

Unless it is part of a players contract to drive the team bus, I don't give a flying f*#% about his drivers license. Unless you drive something professionally, it simply is not part of the equation. Also, he has never hurt anyone. Also, he has been behaving of late. Also, he could help our team.

Unless you drive something for a living, would you lose your job over a speeding ticket? Maybe you would have to walk, or move near mass transit, or get a bike, but your boss doesn't even have any business knowing about your speeding tickets if it does not pertain to your job.

And if he had so many tickets, how did he manage to keep his license?

I would suspect from a management standpoint it speaks more to his lack of concern for the laws and rules, which for some reason is extreemly important in a team environment. That would ultimately concern Joe Jackson Gibbs more than whether the guy could drive the team bus if needed, or had to ride his bike to work. I think Gibbs has a pretty clear track record of wanting strong character guys and not throwinginto the locker room gangster wannabees, driving drunk with Glock's illegally stashed in their car, (its the paperwork!) to drag all the young influenceable guys out to strip bars, and hanging out with known drug dealers as he was known to do in Chicago etc... Take a pass and hope the Giants sign the guy....

I would suspect from a management standpoint it speaks more to his lack of concern for the laws and rules, which for some reason is extreemly important in a team environment. That would ultimately concern Joe Jackson Gibbs more than whether the guy could drive the team bus if needed, or had to ride his bike to work. I think Gibbs has a pretty clear track record of wanting strong character guys and not throwing in gangster wannabees, driving drunk with Glock's illegally stashed in his car (its the paperwork!) into the locker room to drag all the young influenceable guys out to strip bars, and hanging out with known drug dealers as he was known to do in Chicago etc... Take a pass and hope the Giants sign the guy....

Can't you just use white text? lol :laugh:

Probably for the same reason the Bears let him go...
Well, as turns out Cal, they ended up letting him go for merely driving 40 in a 25. I'm not trying to down play why he was stopped in the first place, but I am sure that many of us have been quilty of doing the same. (Those who are throwing all these stones.)
You also forgot the assault and resisting arrest charge in there, slick...as well as what he said to the arresting officer: "You ain't the only one with a Glock. If it wasn't for your gun and your badge, I'd kick your ass."
I was under the impression that the Bears let Tank go because of the latest incident involving the speeding. I didn't read anything about "assault" or "resisting arrest."

And as for what was supposedly said by Tank at the scene, isn't that just hear say? None of us truly knows what was going on at that scene for him to say that or if he even said it at all? Should all police officers testimonies be taken as the word of God?

As well as carrying a concealed weapon illegally under the driver's seat of his car.

Not sure why anyone would want to chalk up his behavior as a "mistake in paperwork".

Again, it would seem as though you are including Tanks prior bungles along with his most recent incident with the law. I have handguns that are registered in my home town of Jersey and have gone to the range, gone over to a buddies house over in Philly afterwards to either watch a game or just buss it up. Sure it's illegal and I would probably get in trouble if I were to have been pulled over, but my point is that there was no malicious intent.

So, I'm not sure why anyone would want to condem Tanks behavior in that regard as anything but a mistake in paperwork or just poor judgement.

Chicago jumped the gun, that's the bottomline.

BTW, was Tank even issued a speeding citation?

Well, as turns out Cal, they ended up letting him go for merely driving 40 in a 25.

No, they let him go because that was the last straw...not the ONLY straw. Way too simplistic to say the Bears cut a very good player merely for speeding.

I was under the impression that the Bears let Tank go because of the latest incident involving the speeding. I didn't read anything about "assault" or "resisting arrest."

That was an arrest he had before the speeding/(almost) drunk driving incident...

And as for what was supposedly said by Tank at the scene, isn't that just hear say? None of us truly knows what was going on at that scene for him to say that or if he even said it at all? Should all police officers testimonies be taken as the word of God?

It was in the police report...and as far as I know, Tank hasn't disputed it.

Again, it would seem as though you are including Tanks prior bungles along with his most recent incident with the law.

You HAVE to lol...

I have handguns that are registered in my home town of Jersey and have gone to the range, gone over to a buddies house over in Philly afterwards to either watch a game or just buss it up. Sure it's illegal and I would probably get in trouble if I were to have been pulled over, but my point is that there was no malicious intent.

If you KNEW your million-dollar livelihood was on the line after being caught once with unregistered firearms, would YOU continue to carry around MORE unregistered firearms, stash 'em in your car, etc, etc? Even if there was no malicious intent, there was stupidity galore.

So, I'm not sure why anyone would want to condem Tanks behavior in that regard as anything but a mistake in paperwork or just poor judgement.

You really don't know the whole Tank story, I can tell...

Chicago jumped the gun, that's the bottomline.

Or Chicago finally said "enough", that's the more likely bottomline.

I believe so, yes.

sourceAP.gif Updated: 5:46 p.m. ET July 5, 2007

GILBERT, Ariz. - Former Chicago Bears tackle Tank Johnson will not face charges connected to his arrest in this Phoenix suburb on suspicion of drunken driving.

Police said Thursday the case would be closed with no request for prosecution. Gilbert police spokesman Sgt. Andrew Duncan declined to elaborate.

“I am not surprised by this decision, but I am relieved,” Johnson said in a statement released by his lawyer.

Sorry, but could you explain how NOT pressuring a QB is helping out the secondary? I'm new to football.

I didn't say the D-line tried masking the secondary's deficiencies by "not pressuring the QB"...I said they changed their style of play due to the unproductiveness of the back seven, which includes the secondary. In the WP articles I've read, both the players and the coaches stopped just short of outlining the ways in which they changed their playing style...but both made mention of it, with the d-line players showing a bit of frustration when they talked about it.

*I just tried searching for the articles for the last 30 minutes, but I can't remember which articles they were. When I find them, I'll post the relevant quotes.

GILBERT, Ariz. - Former Chicago Bears tackle Tank Johnson will not face charges connected to his arrest in this Phoenix suburb on suspicion of drunken driving.

Police said Thursday the case would be closed with no request for prosecution. Gilbert police spokesman Sgt. Andrew Duncan declined to elaborate.

“I am not surprised by this decision, but I am relieved,” Johnson said in a statement released by his lawyer.

But what about the speeding citation? This just mentions that he won't face charges connected to his drunk driving arrest.

That's not related to the speeding. Last I checked, you have to be going double the speed limit in order for it to warrant an arrest in and of itself.

There's no way in hell he was arrested for DUI and NOT given a ticket.

Archived