Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network Radio reports 'Skins will be interested in Tank Johnson.

DTN Redskin

Sign the guy RIGHT NOW! He was a monster at times for the Bears last year and I think they jumped the gun in releasing him.....A huge badass dude out there fighting for his life/career sounds like somebody who could be a clogger in the middle which is exactly what we need.....Man if only the NFL/Media was like this back in Riggos' day, alot of you would be screaming for us to cut him....I don't want a team full of guys fresh from the Brady Bunch, give me some damn football players who are gonna go out there and wreak havoc! :point2sky

The Skins SHOULD talk to this guy.

:)

If he convinces the Skins staff that he deserves a 2nd chance, and agrees to a 'friendly' contract, why not give him a chance? Tell him he has to play well for a year or two and earn his way back into the league. If he holds up his end of the bargain, then the Skins have a much improved D-line on paper, and Tank Johnson gets to play football, potentially earning a big deal from the Skins a year or two down the line.

To me, it's a win-win situation.

If he convinces the Skins staff that he deserves a 2nd chance, and agrees to a 'friendly' contract, why not give him a chance? Tell him he has to play well for a year or two and earn his way back into the league. If he holds up his end of the bargain, then the Skins have a much improved D-line on paper, and Tank Johnson gets to play football, potentially earning a big deal from the Skins a year or two down the line.

bingo!

:applause: Exactly. How could this possibly hurt the organization?

I think what makes this hard for Gibbs to do is the fact that he'd have to reserve a roster spot for someone who will only play half the season. So the risk is not only having a player with a troubled past possibly getting in trouble again ala Lawrence Philips, we could also end up having to cut someone that the coaches like who could contribute all season.

Even with that said, I still find it hard to not at least look into this just knowing that Tank is capable of providing great production at DT for us for many years if things work out.

Is it possible that we could have him designated to our practice squad during his suspension allowing us to have depth at DT with Boschetti or someone who's flashed during preseason on game day for the first 8 weeks?

While im not so sure the Redskins really have interest in anyone at this point, id like to see some interest in Tank.

Yes, he has had some problems. But unlike EVERY other NFL player that has these problems, he hasnt:

Blamed them on someone else

Gave a half apology

Immediately appealed the decision

Acted like he deserved something

Hes been very apologetic, taking full responsibility and showing his interest in turning things around. He accepted his punishment fully without even a second thought. Then, he gets mistreated by the bears management and cut at the first sign of trouble for something he didnt even do. THEN he proceeds to not even say anything bad about the bears, but says he understands what they did, and took responsibility for it.

Its not often you get someone who gets into this kind of trouble and is genuinely looking for help to turn things around. It would be shameful if the NFL didnt give him that opportunity(shame on the bears). Anybody and their mother can offer help to someone who doesnt need it. It takes someone or some organization with character to offer it to someone who needs it(and wants it).

ahh. perfect. he's an arms dealer, too.

living in Virginia would be right up his alley.

lol so basicaly you are an idiot.

Best I can tell you made a crack at a person who has been sincere in wanting to turn their life around, and a crack at the VT incident.

For your information(because apparently you are as ignorant as they come), Virginia has one of the lower crime rates in the world(and in particular, the US). In fact, out of the high density states(population over 6 million), Virginia has the lowest. Way to go.

Is Tank under the leagues substance abuse program? You don't seem to sure your self. Yeah just what we need to do field another ''piss" poor defense again this year.

Only the Bears and Tank would know. It's not public information. Let's say he isn't, signing a player that can't play the first 8 games of the season isn't going to fix a "piss" poor defense.

Archived