Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network Radio reports 'Skins will be interested in Tank Johnson.

DTN Redskin

Since when is speeding a such a bad offense? Want to hold any of our players accoutable for it?

http://208.210.219.132/vadistrict/select.jsp

Go to the counties of Loudoun and Fairfax, Plug in names off the roster.

Portis, Betts, Moss, and many others have been convicted of multiple non moving and moving violations over the years. I bet speeding isnt a big deal now.

Daryl Gardner did well for us under similar circumstances I do believe

hmm, the media is speculating that our dline is old/injury prone/weakly performing and theyre suggesting we are looking at a young/stud/proven DT from a top flight defense that needs a new team. man is the media dumb!

Funny how our D-line hasn't changed in terms of age, injury issues or performance since the offseason started, yet we've signed and drafted no one for the line. No one.

The media will speculate like crazy because they think this is how the Skins SHOULD be proceeding, not because it's actually how the Skins ARE proceeding.

For those saying NAY to Tank, can you explain why?

Because he got arrested for not driving drunk?

Or because he had guns with no permits, that he had permits for from the state where he bought them, but didn't transfer when he moved?

Or do you not want him because he's a good young defensive tackle who now has something to prove?

Lord knows we don't need one of those.

Tank Johnson made a mistake in paperwork, he paid a penalty for it. He drove sober and a zero-tolerance cop mistakenly arrested him. He didn't resist or get in any further trouble.

And that pinhead Jerry Angelo over-reacted and flushed a promising player down the crapper. Their idiocy can be our gain.

Who cares if the media speculates.

CLUE: they speculate. It's what they do. Your option is to turn it off or understand that simple fact. No skin off anyone's nose if they speculate, and it's only an moron who has any faith in the media anymore anyway.

~Bang

For those saying NAY to Tank, can you explain why?

Probably for the same reason the Bears let him go...

Because he got arrested for not driving drunk?

Or because he had guns with no permits, that he had permits for from the state where he bought them, but didn't transfer when he moved?

You also forgot the assault and resisting arrest charge in there, slick...as well as what he said to the arresting officer: "You ain't the only one with a Glock. If it wasn't for your gun and your badge, I'd kick your ass."

As well as carrying a concealed weapon illegally under the driver's seat of his car.

Not sure why anyone would want to chalk up his behavior as a "mistake in paperwork".

In that case, nevermind. Lethal injection. Then cut his corpse in little cubes and feed him to the pigs.

I didn't draw any conclusions from that tidbit. You assumed that I was against signing him. As a matter of fact, I would actually like JG to take a close look at him.

I was just stating what I heard and letting everyone else take it as they may. However, I did find 17 speeding tickets in 20 years to be quite excessive.

I've lived in police-infested Fairfax County al my life. Since I got my license in 2000, I had not received a single ticket of any kind until almost two months ago. Personally, I find it difficult to completely excuse a dangerous habit such as speeding.

I didn't draw any conclusions from that tidbit. You assumed that I was against signing him. As a matter of fact, I would actually like JG to take a close look at him.

I was just stating what I heard and letting everyone else take it as they may. However, I did find 17 speeding tickets in 20 years to be quite excessive.

I've lived in police-infested Fairfax County al my life. Since I got my license in 2000, I had not received a single ticket of any kind until almost two months ago. Personally, I find it difficult to completely excuse a dangerous habit such as speeding.

We should sign him NOW! Any 5 year old who can get a drivers license is cool enough to play for the skins.

Funny how our D-line hasn't changed in terms of age, injury issues or performance since the offseason started, yet we've signed and drafted no one for the line. No one.

The media will speculate like crazy because they think this is how the Skins SHOULD be proceeding, not because it's actually how the Skins ARE proceeding.

its not funny, its very scary. the fact you feel comfortable with 2 unproven rookies and a boatload of injury prone veterans is pretty scary. anyone with a brain thinks this is how the redskins should proceed because when you set the league record for worst pass rush in nfl history, theres a problem.

how in gods name can you think 19 sacks from a defense, and 13 sacks from our defensive line is worse than embarrassing. double digit sacks is the production you get out of a good DE. our DL UNIT AS A WHOLE had less sacks than numerous NFL players.

17 tickets in 20 years is a bit much and thats only the ones he got caught for , i for one am not gonan play goody goody and act like i do no wrong , i have several speeding tickets , mine arent at 3am and drinking they are usually running late for work and things like that , i really have no opinion on tank right now tho , would like to see how the season plays out and if we can use him later and when he will be allowed back and things like that , however if we do decied to take a look at him i hope we really dig because im not happy with bringing in bad character guys

We should sign him NOW! Any 5 year old who can get a drivers license is cool enough to play for the skins.

LOL, perhaps he said 1997. Having stand corrected, do you feel any better that he has now had 17 speeding tickets in only 10 years?

Do any of you guys actually KNOW Tank Johnson's troubled history, or are you simply going on whatever small tidbits you pick up from a few threads in the ATN forum?

do you KNOW all about his troubled history? i didnt know you had access to his police files, because if you dont, all of your info comes from the "speculating" media.

its not funny, its very scary. the fact you feel comfortable with 2 unproven rookies and a boatload of injury prone veterans is pretty scary.[/qutoe]

After seeing the actual facts and stats of each of the three defensive units from last season, and comparing them to the two previous seasons when the defense was top 10 and top 5, I'm convinced that Gibbs and Williams identified the most glaring weaknesses on defense and addressed them with what limited resources they had. After listening to both the players and the coaches talk about how they had to change the way the D-line played to make up for the deficiencies in the LB and secondary units, I'm convinced that the D-line will be solid once again if they are not spending half the season trying to mask the play of the back seven.

Now, if the only thing I looked at was number of sacks and rushing yards allowed, I might be scared simply because I wouldn't know enough to feel otherwise.

typical media BS

there's a huge difference in

skins will be interested in Tank Johnson

and

Skins are interested in Tank Johnson

Considering he can't play until half the season is over I think the Redskins have enough time to say that they "will be" interested.

Speeding is speeding. At anytime of the day or night, its is the same offense. Just because one person goes to sleep at one time, doesnt mean the next person follows.

Unless it is part of a players contract to drive the team bus, I don't give a flying f*#% about his drivers license. Unless you drive something professionally, it simply is not part of the equation. Also, he has never hurt anyone. Also, he has been behaving of late. Also, he could help our team.

Unless you drive something for a living, would you lose your job over a speeding ticket? Maybe you would have to walk, or move near mass transit, or get a bike, but your boss doesn't even have any business knowing about your speeding tickets if it does not pertain to your job.

And if he had so many tickets, how did he manage to keep his license?

Archived