Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sykes Among 4 Released...

CPstretch

Four cuts = roster spots to sign Sartz, Blades, Palmer, and Ecker. One more will have to go when Landry is signed.

The NFLE guys should have exemptions.

The cuts weren't made to anticipate the signing of those guys. I think for all intents and purposes, those guys are already on our roster anyways following the "Rule of 51". We have 70-80 people on the roster right now (I can't remember what the limit is, I think it's in the 80s).

Either way, most of these guys will just be camp fodder and released when we go to 53. The practice squad is what these new signees have to look forward to if they earn it.

Sykes was the kid who slept out front of Redskins park a year ago in anticipation of the local tryouts.

Hard to not cheer for that guy.

Maybe he'll make the team in a year or two and they'll make a movie about him staring Mark Whalberg.

Hard to not cheer for that guy.

Maybe he'll make the team in a year or two and they'll make a movie about him staring Mark Whalberg.

It wasn;t that guy wasing it Killings or someone ... he was released last year in favor of Boschetti ... wasn't Sykes the guy we signed from the falcons PS?

Archived