Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Daunte Culpepper

Piledriven

Okay....so everyone knows that Daunte wants out of Miami.

Just was wondering... Would it be worth anything at all to bring in Culpepper and let Brunell go? I do not think Brunell has any gas left in the tank and at the very least Culpepper may have a few years left, but only as a backup...he should never be a starter, anywhere. As a backup to JC though, if we could get him for the right price, would it be worth it to us?

I reiterate to all of you... I am not saying that I WANT this to happen, nor did I ever say that it SHOULD happen... I merely am asking a question. In fact, I do not want Culpepper at all, personally I think he just throws the ball down field and hopes that someone falls under it. Just asking a question at what you guys thought of the idea, what other fans' opinion was...

It is the offseason, its slow, and I figured I would see what everyone else thought

Go SKINS

:dallasuck

you made a thread about Springs, and now Culpepper. While I'm not sure if a Culpepper thread exists, this thread was not necessary, and there are a million Springs threads.

You've been here since march, so I'm sure you've seen plenty of them.

Also, for the purpose of the thread, Culpepper wants to be a starter, not a reserve. I personally don't think he will be the same Daunte who had Randy Moss with him in Minny. Also, the youth movement is key, Bramlet may become a future reserve with us.

I dont think Culpepper wants to be a backup does he? Isn't this why he wants out of Miami? They brought in Trent Green...and Duante had a hissy fit. So...no...I wouldn't want him here. I don't think it would be worth it. Brunell has the juice for backup I think. His experience is a + no matter how much gas is in the tank.

It is too late to introduce another QB into Saunders system and expect them to be effective.

How healthy is Culpepper really?

Can he throw the touch passes or just heave the ball down field?

And talk about salary cap hell. The Redskins would be forced to eat Brunells numbers and Culpeppers.

I think he's a bad fit here. As others have said, he has a chance to start somewhere else, even if its not this year. Why would he want to come somewhere where they have a QB of the future all lined up? Plus, aside from all the injury issues, the last time we saw him healthy was in 2005 when he was throwing 12 INTs in 6 full games before getting hurt and looking pretty terrible. I know he didn't lose all of his skill that put up the great season in 2004 over one offseason, but I still can't shake the thought that playing in a Moss-less offense may have hurt him.

Thanks for the input guys...just was wondering what everyone's thought was. I do not like Culpepper's hissy fits, I just thouhgt he could throw the ball downfield better than Brunell has lately... But who knows...with this surgury Brunell had, he could be the next Johnny U :silly:

Go Skins!

No.... No.... No.... No... and No...

At this point in their careers, I believe Brunell has more upside than Daunte...

Also, don't undervalue the fact that he is very experienced with our system.

I really think that Culpepper was not given a fair chance down here in Miami. Further, I really feel that he'll be back starting for another team in the foreseeable future...possibly even for the Ravens, which I think would make the most sense as I see this being the last season that they go with McNair. In any case, if this were odds-makers on PTI, I would have to give this a -100% chance of happening because going with 0 would be too high. There is no way that Culpepper will end up on this team...why? Well, because it really makes no sense whatsoever. We have an apparent stud now at QB that's been working his ass off all off-season, a veteran on the bench, a serviceable journeyman, and 2 young prospects with a good bit of potential. This is NOT going to happen.

i heard jeff george has been throwing on his ranch and is ready to get back into the game. should we sign him?

p.s. this is a joke for those of you who don't get jokes.

:laugh:

I heard Sonny has been working out as well. Maybe we should take a look at him also?

This thread is just one notch above your DJ Strawberry at WR thread...which isn't saying much. :2cents:

Once again, I reiterate to all of you... I never said that I WANTED it to happen, nor did I ever say that it SHOULD happen... I merely asked a question. In fact, I do not want Culpepper at all, personally. Same went for the DJ Strawberry at WR thread....just asked a question at what you guys thought of the idea, what other fans' opinion was...

Its the offseason, not much is going on around here...I figured I would get an opinion from all of you... Instead, we fight amongst each other and bicker over stupid little things that will not even matter when week one rolls around.

As a fan, do I not have a right to ask a question and speculate?

The guy can't stay healthy. I have ample concerns about that knee. When you tear 3 major ligaments at once, well....lets say you won't ever have the same spring to your step.

Beyond that, he wants to start soemwhere, and even further beyond that, he would cost too much money, money that could be better spent resigning cooooooooley. =)

The guy can't stay healthy. I have ample concerns about that knee. When you tear 3 major ligaments at once, well....lets say you won't ever have the same spring to your step.

Beyond that, he wants to start soemwhere, and even further beyond that, he would cost too much money, money that could be better spent resigning cooooooooley. =)

I do have to agree w2ith you on that...I'd much rather spend the money on resigning cooooooooooooley!

That is a terrible idea because that would cause a QB controversy and I think we all know that JC has teh potential to be great but if you put Culpepper into the mix its gonna make JC doubt himself and it might hinder his development. THis is awful and why would think this is a good option.

Archived