Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

young or campbell

BMahoney

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I have been posting in another thread on this website, and though I would love to Campbell become the next Peyton Manning this is yet to be proven. We have been discussing who we think is better between JC and Young. JC has the better qb rating, while young has some intangibles and in his first year made a much larger name for himself around the nfl (he was given a much better chance then campbell). With all that said I was wondering how you guys would vote, IMO Im arguing against homers who think that JC is the reincarnation of JC(Jesus Christ)

Which one can quickly read NFL defenses and conistently make accurate throws to the correct open receivers.

Young is more elusive than JC, but JC showed some moves that will help him this season.

Young showed a lot of potential, but we will have to wait and see if he progresses and counters defensive coordinators that now have film on him.

This is a tough discussion that only the season will answer.

My honest opinion, I think Young is better for a team that needs him to be an athlete. He would stink in Saunders offense, because its about timing and being more of a pocket passer.

But with the Titans he has the freedom to make plays happen. For the Skins I take Campbell. But just for pure athleticism and someone able to make a play on his own, its definitley Young.

Young has the IT that people talk about. Campbell has yet to show if he has anything other than good physical skills.

Lol, why do people even comment on threads they find worthless. Guess what bud if Bubba or someone else didn't post it or its not written by the associated press then it might not have that much meaning to you. But guess what no one gives a ****, I don't care about pictures of the auto show with renaldo wynn but I keep my mouth shut and let them do whatever they want this is a thread no one begged you to come look at it. Your just another worthless post

Their stats from last year, so everyone is aware.

Young 184 for 357 51.5% 2,199yds 12tds 13ints 66.7 rating in 15 games

Campbell 110 for 207 53.1% 1,297yds 10tds 6ints 76.5 rating in 7 games

Since we are talking Stats between the two then take a look at their stats in College and it will also reflect the same thing. That Jason Campbell had a better passer rating and completion rating than Young. Take a look at the links below and see for yourself.

Vince Young

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=135107.

Jason Campbell

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=103392.

So IMO I would take Jason Campbell over Vince Young because even though Vince has better mobility and is a threat to run Jason Campbell makes better decisions in the passing game. Name a QB, other than Steve Young, that was a threat to run, that won a Super Bowl? Randall Cunnningham, Fran Tarkenton and Michael Vick are perfect examples of QB's that were double threats that never have won a Super Bowl up to now. Donovan McNabb is another QB that has that threat and he, Steve Young and Fran Takenton are the only ones that have played in a Super Bowl, with Young the only one to win it. So everyone can say that they would rather have Vince because of his running ability but history shows that has not translated into a Super Bowl win.

Birdlives once again you leave out their rushing numbers since they both do scramble.

83 for 552 and 7 tds

24 for 107 and 0 tds

Vince however did play alot more games

Well what's the poll about? Who is a better QB, or who is a better athlete? I notice you avoid the QB description in your original post.

They play the same position, who is more effective at it. I don't give a damn how he gets the ball down field. He could hop one one god damn foot juking everyone for all I care, the more threats a player has it adds to their ability at the position. For example ARE.

right now its young. he made that team 8-8 after a 0-5 start i believe

Vince Young was 2-5 in his first 7 games (not counting his first game where he only threw 4 passes) just like Campbell.

Still too early to call on this one. For my money I think I'd rather have Campbell in the long run. He'll never run the ball as effectively as Young but he looks to have a much better and consistent throwing motion and he is mobile. Young's throwing motion scares me.

Birdlives Im getting the feeling already from these 25 votes that you might losing in this poll. So in your mature fashion as always Birdlives = Owned... lol what are you a flippin gamer.

Why did you post this in the ATN forum? You are going to get all the votes from the guys that hate the Skins. What'd you think the results would come out over here.? Post it in the Stadium and see what happens.

Vince Young is eventually gonna have to prove that he can be a consistent pocket passer or hes not gonna get anywhere and that team will stall.

So yea im taking JC cause i believe he is gonna be the much better QB because he is a pocket qb who has proven that he can make the throws needed of him.

Campbell by a longshot:

In their first seven games:

Young:

80/173

46% completion rating

841 yards

Campbell:

110/207

53.1%

1,297 yards

Young:

120 ypg

4.86 ypa

Campbell:

185 ypg

6.27 ypa

Young:

5 TDs

7 INTs

Campbell:

10 TDs

6 INTs

Young:

2.89 TD%

4.04 INT%

Campbell:

4.83 TD%

2.89 INT%

Young:

53.64 QB rating

Campbell:

76.49 QB rating

And mind you...this is with Campbell playing with the "worst wrs in the league" according to the thread starter.

Yeah...Campbell by a longshot.

Archived