Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

young or campbell

BMahoney

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Both have accuracy concerns up the wazoo. But Young is more mobile without question and his team really seems to respond to him, so I think it is Young.

Up the wazoo? Did you watch any skins games? 6 int's in 7 games for a rookie is up the wazoo? If you did watch any games, you would have seen that most of JC's int's came on the back of uncommon balltips and bounces. I dont think I ever saw one really bad throw where he clearly put it up for grabs.

JJ... you are funny. You make me laugh whenever you post.

I have been posting in another thread on this website, and though I would love to Campbell become the next Peyton Manning this is yet to be proven. We have been discussing who we think is better between JC and Young. JC has the better qb rating, while young has some intangibles and in his first year made a much larger name for himself around the nfl (he was given a much better chance then campbell). With all that said I was wondering how you guys would vote, IMO Im arguing against homers who think that JC is the reincarnation of JC(Jesus Christ)

Looks like JC is winning chump. You owe ALOT of people apologies. Nice knowing you. Ciao.

Up the wazoo? Did you watch any skins games? 6 int's in 7 games for a rookie is up the wazoo? If you did watch any games, you would have seen that most of JC's int's came on the back of uncommon balltips and bounces. I dont think I ever saw one really bad throw where he clearly put it up for grabs.

JJ... you are funny. You make me laugh whenever you post.

True...accuracy concerns "up the wazoo" would constitute both a low completion percentage AND a high INT percentage. Young is the only one with both.

Both have accuracy concerns up the wazoo. But Young is more mobile without question and his team really seems to respond to him, so I think it is Young.

sure they do J_J sure they do :laugh:

one good indicator of QB accuracy is TD/INT ratio

Campbell has a better INt to TD ratio than Romo sits to pee :excited:, Campbell had a lower INT% than Romo sits to pee:excited:

and according to NFL Live today, guess which NFL QB has the longest active TD pass streak

Romo sits to pee??? oh NO

Jason Campbell, who has remarkably thrown at least one TD in every one of his starts... something even uber QB Romo sits to pee has not done

I know

Campbell 53% accuracy, 76 QBR

Romo sits to pee 95 Rating :excited:

VY is going to come to earth a little this year. They really crippled that offense for him last year by simplifying a lot of pass plays to be 2 reads or even 1 read while putting Young on the move. Perhaps Vince will get better, but after watching the video on him, I didn't see him get appreciably better like Campbell did.

Jeremiah continues to put his foot in his mouth...

Vince Young:

15 Games Played

13 Games Started

51.5% Completion Percentage

2199 yards

12 TD

13 INT

Jason Campbell:

7 Games Played

7 Games Started

53.1% Completion Percentage

1297 Yards

10 TD

6 INT

So let's see.

Less games for Campbell. Much better TD/INT ratio. Higher yards per game. Higher completion percentage.

Not one category that VY is better at when it comes to throwing. His legs and his playmaking ability is what make him a star, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing. But as I pointed out in the other thread, you have NO sense of consistency with any of your little arguments and you look like a giant tool because of it.

550 yds and 7 tds for young on the ground not that, that matters at all.

It doesn't. We're talking about quarterback play, right? Vick gets alot of ground production but everyone still says he isn't a great QB. Why? Because he's not. He's a playmaker, and he's exciting.

Young will be a better QB than Vick, and his playmaking ability is arguably the same. But as a QB, Campbell is better. As a RB, Young is better.

550 yds and 7 tds for young on the ground not that, that matters at all.

I have never seen a Redskins fan try so hard to prove our QB isn't as good as another. I have never seen a Redskins fan get so frustrated by the fact that we have faith in what little we saw last year in Campbell.

You have been arguing this exact point for close to a week now. Give it up and move on. NY needs fans like you. Please go.

BM....you need to find a new team to cheer for.

Vince Young is an incredible talent with a top notch winner's mentality. The man single-handidly won a national title for Texas.

Jason Campbell is simply not as talented as Young and relied upon his two All-American RBs, the best O-Line and defense in America for Auburn to have the 2004 season they had. While people will point to his SEC player of the year award to dispute this, anyone who watches a decent amount of SEC football will tell you that Cadillac Williams not winning that award was a complete joke (Excluding Bubba of course, who, while he claims to have significant SEC ties, obviously has a reason to say otherwise).

Jason Campbell has done NOTHING to show he will be this great NFL QB everyone here seems to think he will be. He has happy feet, pitiful accuracy thus far in the NFL, and was drafted a full round too high by the Skins.

You play the position you line up at, when ARE throws the ball all of a sudden hes a good qb?... No hes an ok wideout because he has more than one threat. Vince Young could be a good qb because he has more than one threat, campbell could be a good qb because he has an arm were yet to see if he is accurate.

Skins its just so blatant that Campbell is not as good as Young it frustrates me that people watch someone play 7 games, all the while going 2-5. These same people think that 2-5 qb, is as good as a (rookie) qb who takes the 0-4 Tennessee Titans to one game out of the playoffs.

Skins its just so blatant that Campbell is not as good as Young it frustrates me that people watch someone play 7 games, all the while going 2-5. These same people think that 2-5 qb, is as good as a (rookie) qb who takes the 0-4 Tennessee Titans to one game out of the playoffs.

I will guarantee you that Young does not have the same year he did last year. Teams he played were not ready or expecting the Vick like escapability. He will be contained this year, and have to rely on his arm.

Vince Young is an incredible talent with a top notch winner's mentality. The man single-handidly won a national title for Texas.

Jason Campbell is simply not as talented as Young and relied upon his two All-American RBs, the best O-Line and defense in America for Auburn to have the 2004 season they had. While people will point to his SEC player of the year award to dispute this, anyone who watches a decent amount of SEC football will tell you that Cadillac Williams not winning that award was a complete joke (Excluding Bubba of course, who, while he claims to have significant SEC ties, obviously has a reason to say otherwise).

Jason Campbell has done NOTHING to show he will be this great NFL QB everyone here seems to think he will be. He has happy feet, pitiful accuracy thus far in the NFL, and was drafted a full round too high by the Skins.

While I'm not ready to say that JC will be a great QB, I think you are wrong on a lot of your analysis. First of all, not every skins fan on here is ready to annoint him anything. In fact, I would say at least 50% of 'skins fans are eager to see what we have in him, but know that he has proven nothing yet. second of all, he has given us reason for optimism in 7 games. does that mean it translates to him being a great qb? no. but, he has shown ability, so to say he has show "NOTHING" is false. Third and finally, while you sit there and say that Caddillac and RB had everything to do with them winning the SEC that year, you fail to realize that neither of those guys has really done much in the NFL. Williams had a good rookie year, followed by a bad year. and RB has done nothing either year really.

So, let's just see how JC pans out, and let's realize that he accomplished a lot in college, and has shown some talent at the NFL level.

EDIT: one more thing... to say anyone who watched the SEC knows that those two RB's were everything and that his MVP award was BS... well, the coaches vote on the MVP award. And i'm pretty sure they know a little seomthing about football.

i hate the way young plays, and he has no receivers to help him out. i completely depise the whole michael vick running around like an idiot method. youre a QB. stand in the pocket, and throw the damn ball. i hope somebody PLOWS young this year and makes him think twice before he takes off because he cant throw.

plus if anyone though jason had bad mechanics, youngs are downright horrid.

The ONLY reason you say this is the fact Jason Campbell has an indian head on the side of his helmet.

Considering in 7 games, Campbell has a better TD, INT, and completion percentage and has shown similar escapability (watch the Giants game) a nice touch on long balls.

Interesting.

1) Have NO idea where the "happy feet" comment comes from...

2) Young has even MORE of a "pitiful accuracy" for the NFL, yet you extol his virtues as if you're his father...

3) Saying Campbell was "drafted a round too high" is asinine, and is based on nothing factual, logical or intelligent.

No one knows yet how Campbell should have been drafted, and Young has worst accuracy because he was in a much different system. Campbell was told don't make mistakes and you don't have to make the big play. Vince Young was told do whatever the hell you can to make this organization win, and thats exactly what he did, he won on his feet and through the air. He is yet to be accurate because he was a rookie they make mistakes when given that much responsibility, and about 50% of his throws are on the run. Lastly about accuracy Young is one of the few qbs in this league that actually has to deal with a receiving core that is worst than ours. And yes I know our receiving core has potential but they are to to prove themselves other than Santana who can hopefully stay healthy for more than one season in his career.

First Year as a Starter:

Donovon McNabb: 49.1 % Completion (6 Games Started in '99)

Peyton Manning: 56.7 % (16 games started, 1998)

Alex Smith: 50.9 % (7 games in '05)

Eli Manning: 48.2 % (7 games in '04)

Matt Hasselbeck: 54.8 % (12 games in '01)

Matt Leinart: 56.8 % (11 games in '06)

Steve McNair: 52 % (16 games in '97)

Vinny Testaverde: 47.6 % (15 games in '88)

Mike Vick: 54.9% (15 games in 2002)

Vince Young: 51.5% (13 games in '06)

Geez... Strange. Alot of guys who were damn good QBs or ARE good QBs seemed to have struggled their first year. Whoulda thunk it?

As has been explained to you countless of times (yet apparently you absorb intelligent concepts like a brick absorbs water), Young's "taking" of the Titans to "within one game of the playoffs" didn't happen until his last six games. In his first seven starts, he was 3-4 with atrocious numbers. Campbell was 2-5 with decent numbers. In Young's first seven GAMES of 20 attempts or more, Young was 2-5 with atrocious numbers.

So what's the point? The point is, if Young's season had ended after seven games like Campbell's did, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Because nobody alive would be saying that a QB with these numbers:

46% completion rating

120 ypg

4.86 ypa

5 TDs

7 INTs

3-4 record

...is deserving of all these accolades and praise. If Young's season had ended after seven games like Campbell's did, the discussion would be on just how big a bust do the Titans have in Young, and should they have tried to get Brady Quinn "just in case".

But Young's season did NOT end after seven games...and in his next 7 games he was able to redeem himself by improving his abysmal numbers and chalking up wins.

However...and this is the important part in the argument...Campbell was not given the same opportunity, was not given an extra 7 games to improve his numbers and chalk up wins. And if you dare use the pathetic argument that Campbell could not have possibly improved both his numbers and his win total had he been given 7 more games, you'll prove yourself to be even more foolish than you already appear.

Archived