Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

young or campbell

BMahoney

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The ONLY reason you say this is the fact Jason Campbell has an indian head on the side of his helmet.

I say this because it is fact. The fact that he had a 53.1 completion % last year and the fact that he had poor footwork in the pocket are both indisputeable

First Year as a Starter:

Donovon McNabb: 49.1 % Completion (6 Games Started in '99)

Peyton Manning: 56.7 % (16 games started, 1998)

Alex Smith: 50.9 % (7 games in '05)

Eli Manning: 48.2 % (7 games in '04)

Matt Hasselbeck: 54.8 % (12 games in '01)

Matt Leinart: 56.8 % (11 games in '06)

Steve McNair: 52 % (16 games in '97)

Vinny Testaverde: 47.6 % (15 games in '88)

Mike Vick: 54.9% (15 games in 2002)

Vince Young: 51.5% (13 games in '06)

Geez... Strange. Alot of guys who were damn good QBs or ARE good QBs seemed to have struggled their first year. Whoulda thunk it?

I had a list of about 15 random HOF QB's who all had worse first year stats than Canpbell a month back

names like Aikman, Staubach, Elway, Fouts, Jurgenson, Bradshaw, ...etc...

First Year as a Starter:

Donovon McNabb: 49.1 % Completion (6 Games Started in '99)

Peyton Manning: 56.7 % (16 games started, 1998)

Alex Smith: 50.9 % (7 games in '05)

Eli Manning: 48.2 % (7 games in '04)

Matt Hasselbeck: 54.8 % (12 games in '01)

Matt Leinart: 56.8 % (11 games in '06)

Steve McNair: 52 % (16 games in '97)

Vinny Testaverde: 47.6 % (15 games in '88)

Mike Vick: 54.9% (15 games in 2002)

Vince Young: 51.5% (13 games in '06)

Geez... Strange. Alot of guys who were damn good QBs or ARE good QBs seemed to have struggled their first year. Whoulda thunk it?

Of the 10 QBs you listed, only 3 (McNair, Hasselbeck, and Manning) have been truely elite QBs at any point in their careers.

So Campbell has a 30% chance of being the player Skins nation will have us believe he will be. I'll agree to that.

He has happy feet, pitiful accuracy thus far in the NFL, and was drafted a full round too high by the Skins.

Alright, stand on the table and scream at the top of your lungs "I have never seen Jason Campbell play football. I just hate him because he plays for the Redskins."

Happy feet would be the anti-scouting report on Jason Campbell.

Campbell was told don't make mistakes and you don't have to make the big play. Vince Young was told do whatever the hell you can to make this organization win, and thats exactly what he did, he won on his feet and through the air.

:laugh:

Yes, I'm sure that Young was not told "don't make mistakes"...and I'm positive the coaches didn't devise game plans for him to follow, nor did they call plays for him to execute, nor did they really bother with any type of organized practices during the week...they just told Young to go out there and "win us some games", and Young took it from there. Yeah, that's exactly how it happened.

He is yet to be accurate because he was a rookie they make mistakes when given that much responsibility, and about 50% of his throws are on the run. Lastly about accuracy Young is one of the few qbs in this league that actually has to deal with a receiving core that is worst than ours.

There hasn't been a QB in the entire history of the league who's had as low an accuracy rating because of his receivers...What a cop out.

I say this because it is fact. The fact that he had a 53.1 completion % last year and the fact that he had poor footwork in the pocket are both indisputeable

no only one was a fact

the "footwork" in the pocket is total BS, has never been discussed or listed as a problem

Scouting Report

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?statsId=7201

#17 Jason Campbell | QB

Full Name: Jason Campbell

Born: December 31, 1981

Laurel, MS

Height: 6-4

Weight: 230 lbs.

Pos: QB

Experience: 2 years

College: Auburn

Drafted: Year:2005 Round:1 Pick:25, Redskins

2007 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Comment:

Campbell has a solid frame and excellent athleticism. He has good size and height. He is smooth and fluid in his setup. He has the quickness to break from the pocket at any point and make a play with his feet. He is a long strider who can get depth and reach the throwing point quickly. He has the arm to make all the throws. He made strides in practice last season and has good upside. But Campbell didn't take a single game rep in 2005 and still is a little rough around the edges. He arrived with some questions about his ability to pick up the system quickly. He has a long throwing motion that could lead to some accuracy problems.

indisputable huh? Okay, go ahead and prove it.

You said he had happy feet, which anyone who watched more than sports center knows is untrue, so you said it, now go ahead and prove it.

Indisputable, huh?...Ok, tell us which games Campbell had "poor footwork in the pocket" so we can see evidence of this indisputable fact. And no, you don't get to say "Check any game", because that would simply mean that you never watched him play and have no clue what you're talking about.

Alright, stand on the table and scream at the top of your lungs "I have never seen Jason Campbell play football. I just hate him because he plays for the Redskins."

Happy feet would be the anti-scouting report on Jason Campbell.

I saw almost every game the kid played in 2003 and 2004 at Auburn :rolleyes:

I saw many games as well, and also know that he had some of the best overall stats in college football his senior year, ranking in the top in all major categories, ranked #1 in the SEC, THE toughest conference in the Nation, with several schools ranked in the top 20 in defense that year

despite haveing 4 different OC, his 4 year comp.% avg was 64% 4th best in SEC History

Our wr core is probably the worst in the nfl, the only upside to our passing game is moss when hes not hurt and cooley.
Lastly about accuracy Young is one of the few qbs in this league that actually has to deal with a receiving core that is worst than ours.

Uh huh. Pretty solid proof that when it's convenient for you, you switch things around to try to prove your point.

Now it looks as if you've found a WR corps worse than the Skins corps. Funny, because you were arguing in the stadium that our WR corps is the worst, but when you want to prove a point, they no longer are.

What's even funnier is that you afford Young an excuse because his WR's are terrible, but don't offer the same excuse for Campbell. So, if in your opinion Young had the worst WR's to throw to, and the Redskins have one of the worst WR sets in the league, why isn't Campbell afforded the same consideration?

Funny, that.

I don't like Vince Young as a QB and I think he is going to have a terrible year. I like everything I've seen from JC, and if you compare the dedication JC has shown this offseason there is no contest. I'll take JC over Young now, and in the future. I'd take JC over a healthy, non-controversial Mike Vick too. I have no faith in the "running QB with sub-par passing ability" philosophy.

And that's relevant to the current conversation because.....

:doh:

You should share the moniker "I got nuthin" with Westbrook36 because you truly have nothing.

Okay smart guy, you've seen so much of Campbell play and you're such a great talent evaluator, why dont you offer a little more than "because I said so" proof to back up your claims.

I'll be waiting here for you.

indisputable huh? Okay, go ahead and prove it.

You said he had happy feet, which anyone who watched more than sports center knows is untrue, so you said it, now go ahead and prove it.

First watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bd7BoF5zbY

Those are highlights from the 2005 SEC Title game against Tennessee. First off, note the very first pass in the video. After making a playaction fake, he continues his drop, and on his first move forward, takes an uneccessary step followed by some sort of a hop in his step. There is no significant pressure on him, why is he shuffling his feet? Next, watch the pass at the 1:12 mark. Granted, he is under pressure, but it literally looks like he is doing jump jacks in the pocket. He never once even considers setting his feet in any sensible manner. There is a fine line between avoiding pressure and dancing around. I can go on, but you can go ahead and look for yourself for other examples in the video.

Next, watch this video:

Note the pass at the 0:38 mark, possibly the worst escuse for pocket footwork I've ever seen. He rapidly shuffles his feet in place for almost 2 full seconds while making no significant forward advancement. This is textbook "happy feet". Now, watch the pass at the 2:25 mark, another instance where he seems to hop up and down in the pocket. Good QBs just don't do this frequently. Then at the 2:38 mark, again, he is shuffling his feet rapidly in the pocket. There is nothing smooth about his rhythm in these plays.

First watch this:

What the hell are you watching? He stepped into several of those throws - including all of the deep balls. The biggest asset Campbell has is his poise in the pocket. Happy feet and poise in the pocket are polar opposites.

Oh and the way to stop Romo sits to pee is keep him in the pocket...interesting...

I think someone needs a timeout.

First watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bd7BoF5zbY

Those are highlights from the 2005 SEC Title game against Tennessee. First off, note the very first pass in the video. After making a playaction fake, he continues his drop, and on his first move forward, takes an uneccessary step followed by some sort of a hop in his step. There is no significant pressure on him, why is he shuffling his feet? Next, watch the pass at the 1:12 mark. Granted, he is under pressure, but it literally looks like he is doing jump jacks in the pocket. He never once even considers setting his feet in any sensible manner. There is a fine line between avoiding pressure and dancing around. I can go on, but you can go ahead and look for yourself for other examples in the video.

Next, watch this video:

Note the pass at the 0:38 mark, possibly the worst escuse for pocket footwork I've ever seen. He rapidly shuffles his feet in place for almost 2 full seconds while making no significant forward advancement. This is textbook "happy feet". Now, watch the pass at the 2:25 mark, another instance where he seems to hop up and down in the pocket. Good QBs just don't do this frequently. Then at the 2:38 mark, again, he is shuffling his feet rapidly in the pocket. There is nothing smooth about his rhythm in these plays.

the only thing you proved is that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Archived