Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Disgusting thought: Norv and Davis re-united in Dallas

BG

Norv will return to Dallas as head coach of the F'n Cahboy's. Norv could then lure in Davis with the promise of big bucks and big carries while they give Hambrick the boot for having a big mouth. QB guru Norv is able to make Chad Hutchinson look decent adn the Skins fans that foresee such events are left in straight jackets and forced to watch the unsettleing events unfold................oh ****..:cry........help me.............:cuss: :

Originally posted by Skins57

This would not surprise me at all. It seems everything that doesn't work here works elsewhere

Skins 57 That's exactly what I'm talking about. He brought Brad Johnson in, made a few late rounders look great, but aside from Shuler(which shouldn't count because most of you all were crying for us to draft him) he made everyone look decent on offense.

Yes I am still bitter about his departure.

Hiring Marty--stupid.

Firing Marty after one season---idiotic.

Hiring Steve Spurrier--retarded

Next Episode, me-with a gun to my head

priceless

Norv could not motivate his teams in Washington to rise to the occasiona and play SMART and FUNDAMENTAL football. That being said, I still think that Norv is the best play caller in the NFL. If he got someone to run the team in Dallas and was allowed to concentrate on the offensive side of the ball I think he would be a success in Dallas.

Which of course is one of my worst nightmares. Norv is a good offensive coordinator, IMHO not a head coach. But if given a second chance with the right circumstances, he may come back to kill the Redskins!

It all comes down to talent, and the ability to keep it.

And what's sicker than Norv Turner is the thought that we let TWO Pro Bowl quality QBs (Brad Johnson, Trent Green) to leave in the past few years. If we could've kept just one of them.... sigh.

A good QB can make any offense look better.

Originally posted by Henry

Guys, Norv had Stephen Davis here for years and was unable to put together a decent team. What makes you think he'll go to Dallas and suddenly succeed?

If Dallas wants to be an eternal 9-7 division runner-up, I'd say that's a great plan.

Oh, this is the pessimistic former Redskin phobia thread. I think you might be in the wrong place..........:laugh: :laugh:

Unfortunately, the odds are stacked against us when it comes to facing our former players.:rolleyes:

You know something? Let's for a second say that the Giants beat the Colts and the Eagles. That last Sunday, if you gave me a choice of either watching the Saints or Falcons or watching the Redskins/Cowboys game, I would actually pick the Redskins vs. Cowboys. That game holds a lot of intrigue for not just Redskin and Cowboy fans but for fans of football who know what is going on with that streak. Of course, if the Giants do win both of their games and they need a Falcon or Saints loss that last Sunday to get in, I will pretty much be a basket case anyway and may not be able to look at football that day. Ohhhhh, who am I kidding????

Originally posted by IAMBG

Norv will return to Dallas as head coach of the F'n Cahboy's. Norv could then lure in Davis with the promise of big bucks and big carries while they give Hambrick the boot for having a big mouth. QB guru Norv is able to make Chad Hutchinson look decent adn the Skins fans that foresee such events are left in straight jackets and forced to watch the unsettleing events unfold................oh ****..:cry........help me.............:cuss: :

#1 we don't want or trust Norm.

#2 We don't want, like, or even respect Davis "see the last 5 years".

#3 Dallas needs to rebuild using the draft and not FA, you guys will realize this in about 5 years after the Cowboys do. Thanks Danny!

Davis is a top runner. He doesn't get the recognition or respect he deserves. Last year he led the conference in rushing. He's a Pro Bowl player. He is not a dominating back though and he has a downside to his game. I would congratulate the Cowboys if they got him because they would be immediately getting about the best runner in the conference. But, I don't know that I would be overly fearful of that move should they make it. The Cowboys have had an even better back for years. I did fear him. Davis is a guy you have to give the respect he's earned, but, I don't believe he is feared.

I don't get it, all this hoopla about Davis suiting up the the Cowboys next year, umm what about Troy Hambrick? Did he suddenly fall off the face of the earth? Hambrick should have been Dallas' starter for the last 2 seasons, but Emmit was in pursuit of a record so it didn't happen. WHat has happened since then, is Hambrick so disgruntled that he wants off the team or something? Why would Dallas spend big money on any RB when Hambrick is waiting in the wings?

Originally posted by NoCalMike

I don't get it, all this hoopla about Davis suiting up the the Cowboys next year, umm what about Troy Hambrick? Did he suddenly fall off the face of the earth? Hambrick should have been Dallas' starter for the last 2 seasons, but Emmit was in pursuit of a record so it didn't happen. WHat has happened since then, is Hambrick so disgruntled that he wants off the team or something? Why would Dallas spend big money on any RB when Hambrick is waiting in the wings?

Hambrick, you make art look like a rocket scientist.

Hambrick, is a LB in a RB uniform, that's all.

Fleetwood Mac should of made an album call Hambrick because it's all Dreams.

This isn't a personal attack but you think too highly of Davis.

It's impossible to think too highly of a running back who's had 1405, 1318 and 1432 yards rushing in the three seasons prior to this one. It is possible to think too little of him and thinking too little of him is a sign of limited intelligence and only a passing interest in the game of football itself. As I stated and remains completely and factually true, Davis is an elite back. He's also a back that has a frustrating aspect to his game. Realizing his talent and credentials allow him to be a special player isn't a sign of great intelligence. It's probably just a sign that those who don't share reality have a bit less of it than you'd like to imagine is possible.

Just for another opinion on where Davis may end up, here are the thoughts of a guy at PFW from his ESPN chat yesterday...

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=2911

skins 77 from trenton: what do you think the skins are going to do with stephen davis? how can they let such a bruising, consistent back go??? also- your thoughts on patrick ramsey..will he work with spurrier? thanks!!!

Eric Edholm: They will let him go. That $11 million cap number is nowhere close to where the team can afford it, and it doesn't appear they want to re-sign him. I look for the two Texas teams, the Cowboys and Texans, to be the biggest players for Davis' services. It's rare a good quality RB is a true free agent.

And there also was a coaching question later in the chat I mind as well add...

Pritham: What are the odds that Dan Snyder(aka Lord Voldemort) wisens up and dumps Steve Spurrier and makes Marvin Lewis the head coach of the skins?

Eric Edholm: Not very good. I think Lewis will get a job somewhere else, but it might not be until after next season. Spurrier will be here at least through next year unless he steps down before then.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to keep Davis in Washington, but he does not seem to be the type of back who takes over games to win them. It seems to me that he is always making a costly fumble.

As for Norv going to Dallas, gosh, I hope so. As a head coach, he is a loser.

I like Davis a lot. He's done a lot for our team but he's got a history of being nicked and at this point in his career I think he's lost a step. It would be the ultimate in taking one for the team if he went to Dallass, wrecked their salary cap, and then didn't pan out. A side benefit to Davis going to Dallass would be that they'd probably let Hambrick go. I'd love to have him here. He's fast for his size and I think he'd fit a lot better into the FNG than Davis. Please, just let us get a crack at him for a reasonable contract $$ figure.

As for Norv :snore: I'm really afraid of him. :rolleyes: Just wake me when he's fired and Jerrah hires his next sock puppet coach.

Originally posted by Art

It's impossible to think too highly of a running back who's had 1405, 1318 and 1432 yards rushing in the three seasons prior to this one. It is possible to think too little of him and thinking too little of him is a sign of limited intelligence and only a passing interest in the game of football itself. As I stated and remains completely and factually true, Davis is an elite back. He's also a back that has a frustrating aspect to his game. Realizing his talent and credentials allow him to be a special player isn't a sign of great intelligence. It's probably just a sign that those who don't share reality have a bit less of it than you'd like to imagine is possible.

Yep, I'm a dumb ***, but I guess time will only be the true deciding factor, and boy why is time always on my side?

Art you seem like a nice enought guy but you just don't seem to know when to stop posting about football matters. No one can know everytime about football, so limit your retorts to things you know about, hotdogs, titty dancers, booze, ect.

Leave the football to people with atleast a ounce of brain power.

Jesus my Korean girlfriend keeps picking your football faults out.

Archived