Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bramlet is Tearing Up Europe!

Commander Adama

My prediction: Bramlet will never be on the gameday roster for the Skins.

No team sends a player to Europe who they actually think has any chance of making it in the Pros. I will never understand why fans refuse to accept this.

If the Skins thought he was good, he would be in Ashburn right now learning how to play. Instead, he is getting beat up in, like, Munich.

I think it would be a huge risk, to put either Bramlet or Palmer on the practice squad. All it would take for another team to sign one of them is to sign them to their active roster. This could blow up in our face if we're not careful, so the Front Office has got to be very wise here.

I believe we must put a premium on and protect the future. My recommendation is that we keep four QB's this year only, and reduce to three next season. I would further recommend that we keep the following QB's on the 53 man roster:

Campbell

Collins

Bramlet

Palmer

Sorry to all of you Brunell fans. Mark was good in his day, but his better days are behind him now and he has lost more than a step.

Collins knowledge of Saunders system is too valuable to lose this year, so maybe next year would be a good time to think about coaching QB's for Todd.

If Bramlet was any good, he would not be in Europe.

I repeat, if Bramelt was any good, he would not be in Europe.

If not for Joe, Brunell would probably be gone already. He was all but done last year -- before he got major surgery on his shoulder. Great guy, great career, but I don't have a lot of faith in him as even a backup anymore.

Who gives a crap about having a "veteran" back-up if they are such ********s as Brunell and Collins ... no other NFL team would waste valuable roster/development space on such garbage ... I've been touting Bramlet since the Europa season started (anyone who bothered could have seen his dramatic imporvement in the first games against Cologne, Berlin and Frankfort) ... I wouldn't hesitate to have him backup Campbell (herectically ... he may be as good as JC). The Skins drafted Palmer ... not knowing how far Bramlet had come (typical screwup by FO) ... now they are suffering from an embarrassment of QB riches. They should go with Campbell, Bramlet and Palmer and place Hollenback on PS ... damn damn the torpedoes ....

What? You're not the Calvin Johnson Fanboi President anymore?:laugh:

No team sends a player to Europe who they actually think has any chance of making it in the Pros. I will never understand why fans refuse to accept this.

While I agree with you on this point, teams can be wrong. It is a rarity, but a great QB can emerge from NFL Europe. Kurt Warner played there.

Is Bramlet a Warner?? Probably not, but maybe his play there will keep him around long enough to see.

If Bramlet was any good' date=' he would not be in Europe.

I repeat, if Bramelt was any good, he would not be in Europe.[/quote']

Europe is where Kurt Warner started out. And the Carolina Panthers starting QB is a product of NFLE as well.

And there are actually very talented players playing in colleges that don't really have good football programs or systems that properly develop their skills.

Yes, there really are some diamonds in the rough.

I wonder if Palmer might have the edge over Bramlet... The fact that Palmer is THERE, with the coaches and players. He's there talking to Lazor, Saunders, and Gibbs and those three are seeing with their own eyes (rather than watching film from Europe) what Palmer can do. They also know how well he meshes with his teamates, not some players he won't team up with as a Redskin. I would think if Palmer shows something comparable to what Bramlet has done (even if not quite as well), Palmer would get the roster spot. Not to mention Palmer's the younger brother of a star and we spent a draft pick on him.

Like many others, I'd like for both of them to eventually make the roster if they deserve it.

redskins draft heath shuler and gus ferrotte and pick up trent green....

redskins draft jason campbell and palmer while they regulate bramlet to nfl europe....

dare it happen again?

(sorry to be the one to make a completely insane comparrison, but with people posting their moronic "trade portis" threads, i decided to say something moronic just for the fun of it.)

My point exactly! That says it all, go figure.

It just goes to show that you can never measure the size of a young player's heart!

the funny thing is that while i was joking about my post originally there are some odd comparisons to be drawn.

personally, i always hated gus and would yell at the tv for them to give green a shot because at the time i was like 10 or something and thought the name green was cooler, but it doesn't change the fact that i was always a green supporter.

Who gives a crap about having a "veteran" back-up if they are such ********s as Brunell and Collins ... no other NFL team would waste valuable roster/development space on such garbage ... I've been touting Bramlet since the Europa season started (anyone who bothered could have seen his dramatic imporvement in the first games against Cologne, Berlin and Frankfort) ... I wouldn't hesitate to have him backup Campbell (herectically ... he may be as good as JC). The Skins drafted Palmer ... not knowing how far Bramlet had come (typical screwup by FO) ... now they are suffering from an embarrassment of QB riches. They should go with Campbell, Bramlet and Palmer and place Hollenback on PS ... damn damn the torpedoes ....

before you strain something tooting your own horn please remember that it is NFL europe not the NFL. and having an abundance of talent at the QB position is not embarrassing nor is it a mistake by the FO. no matter how you try to spin it.

While I agree with you on this point, teams can be wrong. It is a rarity, but a great QB can emerge from NFL Europe. Kurt Warner played there.

Is Bramlet a Warner?? Probably not, but maybe his play there will keep him around long enough to see.

"Everytime I talk about boxing, some white man has to pull Rocky Marciano out of his ass....."

Yes...Kurt Warner...I know.

It's been 16 years...and there is Kurt Warner and Jake Delhomme. Anomolies do not prove anything.

Europe is where Kurt Warner started out. And the Carolina Panthers starting QB is a product of NFLE as well.

And there are actually very talented players playing in colleges that don't really have good football programs or systems that properly develop their skills.

Yes, there really are some diamonds in the rough.

That's two in sixteen years. Hardly proof of anything except some rare exceptions emerge late in their careers.

Also, your font is annoying.

I just hope the Redskins havent forgotten about Ol Bramlet. Id like to see Bramlet on the active roster, he would give us reason to cut Collins and would be a good back up after Brunell goes out to pasture.

All can retain collins as a QB coach if need be.

I actually think this is a great idea. Why hasn't this been done already? I don't think anyone in the organization would really want Collins to ever have to go into a game - he'll be inactive for every game this next season. Why not just cut him and hire him now? He could help teach the offense to the QBs (what he was brought in to do) and he wouldn't count anything against the cap.

Granted, he probably only counts about 2 dollars and 75 cents against the cap, but still - that's a roster spot we could give to a young DE/CB/OL, etc.

My prediction: Bramlet will never be on the gameday roster for the Skins.

Dude' date=' that is an inherently flawed statement. If they didn't think he was any good, he'd be on the streets and off the Redskins' payroll. He is still employed by the Redskins, and is in Europe honing his skills.

If the Skins thought he was good, he would be in Ashburn right now learning how to play. Instead, he is getting beat up in, like, Munich.

Like he has been the past three offseasons? Maybe they've taught him everything, and now its just a matter of getting game experience? The NFLE is a far cry from NFL action, but its much closer than running 7 on 7 drills in OTAs. And besides, Campbell and Brunell would still get 95% of the snaps in OTAs, even if Bramlet was here.

If Bramlet was any good' date=' he would not be in Europe.

I repeat, if Bramelt was any good, he would not be in Europe.[/quote']

Nobody is saying he's going to come back and be Tom Brady. But he's in Europe because the Skins see potential in him. If the guys in NFL Europe allocated there by pro squads were no good, the teams would have never even sent them there. They'd have given them the axe. How can you not understand this? ;)

Nobody is saying he's going to come back and be Tom Brady. But he's in Europe because the Skins see potential in him. If the guys in NFL Europe allocated there by pro squads were no good, the teams would have never even sent them there. They'd have given them the axe. How can you not understand this? ;)

He is in NFL Europe because the Skins see little potential in him. If they saw potential, they would not be risking an ACL tear in Germany.

Do you know how teams fill out their NFLE allocations? They sign a bunch of guys off the street and ship them overseas. They never send anyone who has potential.

NFL teams send players to Europe because they are REQUIRED to do so. It's not Triple A. It's not even Single A. It's like the Independent Leagues in Baseball. Sometimes, a player emerges but it is buy pure chance.

The guy has been in Europe for three freakin' years. He has a better chance of becoming mayor of Munich than an NFL signal-caller at this point.

You have no possible way of determining that. In fact' date=' he probably would be a bad NFL backup.[/quote']

From what i have seen and read from his stats in NFL Europe, I can base an opinion cant I? You are right, all i can do is speculate, but im allowed to do that arent I? Anyways, everyone keeps saying that if he were any good that he wouldnt be in NFL Europe, and that he has no place in the NFL. Ryan Leaf had no business in the NFL, and neither did Heath Shuler or Akili Smith, but they all got drafted high didnt they? Bramlet is at least showing he can produce positive results in an NFL like environment. He may not cut it up in the NFL, but he may be servicable, and at a fraction of the cost of Brunell or Collins. The NFL is getting younger and younger, and in my opinion its time to give the younger guys their shot. Also, isnt this his second straight year in NFLE? He isnt quite a rookie anymore and has exposure to the game, although not exactly at NFL speed. NFL with training wheels? Maybe if Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith or SHuler had spent some time in NFL Europe environment, they would have been better NFL quarterbacks. Like I said, he may not tear it up on an NFL level, but based on what I have ssen and read I have no reason to say he wont be a servicable back up.

My bad for not elaborating in my origanal post, its been a long Friday already. :D

Archived