Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bramlet is Tearing Up Europe!

Commander Adama

To all those Bramlet naysayers ... watch the SeaDevils game this weekend on NFLNetwork and judge for yourself. Europa is the 2nd best professional football league in the world ... Bramlet's offensive line averages 6"5" tall and 315 lbs. The league has grown tremendously and for all you homers ... the Skins would have a tuff time beating a Europa all-star team.

Bramlet is at least showing he can produce positive results in an NFL like environment.

If by NFL-like environment, you mean that they play on a 100-yard field, you are correct. Otherwise. Not so much.

The NFL is getting younger and younger, and in my opinion its time to give the younger guys their shot.

He is not exacty a youngster. This is his 4th year in professional football.

Also, isnt this his second straight year in NFLE?

Third, which should speak volumes.

Look...I have nothing against him personally. It's just that this is one of the dumbest arguments in sports and one that fans of every teams' fans engage in. "Oohhh....Player X has good stats in Europe...maybe he can help us."

99.9 percent of the time, Player X kind of stinks...unless he is a kicker. I don't understand kickers at all.

Link is here.

This has already been posted about Macklin and this was just a snippet about Bramlet at the end. I just wanted to talk about Bramlet and what people think is his future with us? I am excited he is doing so well and I hope he makes the squad! That leads to the question: What about Brunnell, Collins, Palmer, and Bramlet?

HTTR

We know Joe Gibbs is committed to Mark so the odd man out will be Collins. Bramlet seems to have learned alot about checking off his receivers. His QB rating is damn good and he will be difficult to put back on the rookie squad.

So the picking order will be Jason, Brunell, Bramlet and Palmer.

He is in NFL Europe because the Skins see little potential in him. If they saw potential' date=' they would not be risking an ACL tear in Germany.

Do you know how teams fill out their NFLE allocations? They sign a bunch of guys off the street and ship them overseas. They never send anyone who has potential.

NFL teams send players to Europe because they are REQUIRED to do so. It's not Triple A. It's not even Single A. It's like the Independent Leagues in Baseball. Sometimes, a player emerges but it is buy pure chance.[/quote']

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think you're incorrect in this assessment. In your opinion, NFL Europe is just a big joke that the NFL is playing??

If by NFL-like environment' date=' you mean that they play on a 100-yard field, you are correct. Otherwise. Not so much.

He is not exacty a youngster. This is his 4th year in professional football.

Third, which should speak volumes.

Look...I have nothing against him personally. It's just that this is one of the dumbest arguments in sports and one that fans of every teams' fans engage in. "Oohhh....Player X has good stats in Europe...maybe he can help us."

99.9 percent of the time, Player X kind of stinks...unless he is a kicker. I don't understand kickers at all.[/quote']

I hear ya, and you make damn fine points. Im just more an optimist for our team. I have really enjoyed our offseason and think that this season, with a little stability can be the season that Gibbs plan starts to gel, and maybe take some shape. It would be great if Bramlet can overachieve just to be servicable, because if Campbell is what we think he is, then all we will need is Bramlet to be servicable until Palmer gets his legs about him. Look at Huard. Career back up getting his shot now. He may not have come from NFLE, but he was a journeyman career back up getting his look this season. From what I have heard about Palmer, he isnt that great either. Lots of picks while at Utep, and a statue in the backfield. Id value Bramlet more then Palmer at this point... but thats just me.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think you're incorrect in this assessment. In your opinion, NFL Europe is just a big joke that the NFL is playing??

No, there is real value in it...just not from a player development standpoint.

1. It has helped the NFL become an international sport, along the lines of MLB and the NBA. The NFL is easly number one in the US, but was lagging way way way behind internationally. NFL Europe has helped close that gap.

2. It is a fantastic testing grounds for new rules. Everything from replay to the two-point conversion gets tried out there.

3. It makes the union happy. Anything that increases the pool of professional football players is good.

4. It drives off-season discussions like this. Honestly, we are talking about Casey Bramlet. People in his family probably aren't talking about him today.

He is in NFL Europe because the Skins see little potential in him. If they saw potential' date=' they would not be risking an ACL tear in Germany.[/quote']

Yes and no. If they had plans for a player to contribute this year, sure, he wouldn't be in Europe. Fact is, it is hard after playing a season of football to come right back and do it all again in training camp.

But, I view NFL-E as a place where raw players can develop their skills and become more polished NFL players. I have a feeling that they liked Bramlet (otherwise, why resign him?), but that he needed some work. So, off to Europe he goes, where he can get some individual attention and actually start some games.

Yes, the odds are long for these guys, but that's the reason why they are there.

The guy has been in Europe for three freakin' years. He has a better chance of becoming mayor of Munich than an NFL signal-caller at this point.

Actually, 2 years. He didn't play in the NFL-E in 2006.

Jason

we had no business drafting palmer when he have brunell, collins and a decent backup in bramlet.

Maybe the coaches like Palmer... There were quite a few differences of opinion on Palmer as a 6th round pick. Almost as many people thought we got a bargain as thought we got a reach. The people who think we should've taken the Delaware TE at 6 instead of Palmer were mistakenly operating under the impression that we needed a tall, possession WR instead of a blocking TE to replace Fauria (like Eck).

Who gives a crap about having a "veteran" back-up if they are such ********s as Brunell and Collins ... no other NFL team would waste valuable roster/development space on such garbage ... I've been touting Bramlet since the Europa season started (anyone who bothered could have seen his dramatic imporvement in the first games against Cologne, Berlin and Frankfort) ... I wouldn't hesitate to have him backup Campbell (herectically ... he may be as good as JC). The Skins drafted Palmer ... not knowing how far Bramlet had come (typical screwup by FO) ... now they are suffering from an embarrassment of QB riches. They should go with Campbell, Bramlet and Palmer and place Hollenback on PS ... damn damn the torpedoes ....
Even in a thread appluading our depth at a difficult possition you find a way to bash the FO. We have the most agressive FO in the league and sometimes we make mistakes, oh well, it happens. Atleast we are trying. Would you rather Ralph Wilson or Detroits FO?

All can retain collins as a QB coach if need be.

I think Bramlet makes the roster as a 3rd Stringer this year maybe

Collins contract ends this year, and I think Brunnel retires after this year so in 08 it could be

1. Campbell

2. Bramlet

3. Palmer

Gibbs would never go with a QB group that young and inexperienced. He would have at least 1 veteran in there and that's why I think Brunell will stick around for a while. Hopefully Collins will be gone soon though.

Gibbs would never go with a QB group that young and inexperienced. He would have at least 1 veteran in there and that's why I think Brunell will stick around for a while. Hopefully Collins will be gone soon though.

well he'll have randel el there too, and in about 2 years gibbs probably won't be here to stop god knows who from having taht group at qb

I'm not convinced that doing something in NFLE means anything. Right now, I'd still have him behind everyone, but I think at least this might make Collins expendable (as if he wasn't already). I'm thinking JC, Brunell, and Palmer make the roster with Bramlet in the Practice Squad if he's eligible. It could be Palmer and Bramlet switch roles there, but I think Palmer might be more of a commodity even considering Bramlet's success overseas.

I have to COMPLETELY Disagree with you. Nowadays it seems that many coaches value stats like height, size, and throwing power over the ability to play football. While NFLE is not the NFL, it is still quality football, it is much better to measure players based on winning than it is 40 times and fitting a mold.

NFLE produces tons of talent, and if you dominate there, you can AT LEAST be solid here. Kurt Warner, Rohan Davey, Jake Delhomme, Brad Johnson, and Jon Kitna all blew up after posting successful NFLE season. Not only is Bramlet successful, he is on FIRE.

Bramlett would do well to be our #3 --- however he is very similar to Mark Brunell and not particularly suited for our offense.

What separates Jason Campbell from Brunell and Bramlett is his ability to throw the ball deep effectively, a staple of Saunders' and Gibbs' offenses: spreading the defense vertically with deep passes and then dominating them on the ground.

With Brunell, defenses didn't have to worry as much against the deep pass as it wasn't Brunell's strong suit, which made it more difficult to run --- Bramlett would bring more of the same in my opinion.

I think Palmer has the physical tools to become a #2 for Campbell in the future if he can improve as we'd all hope --- he has a cannon, and if JC ever was injured, Palmer replacing him wouldn't change the offense too much.

But as for now, Bramlett would probably do better backing up Brunell than Collins.

Archived