Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bramlet is Tearing Up Europe!

Commander Adama

we had no business drafting palmer when he have brunell, collins and a decent backup in bramlet.

It looks that way now, my guess is the the coaches were not that impressed with Bramlet last year. He is certainly provign over there he is at least worth another look. The coaches this year have a good "problem" (more worthy QBs then roster spots) to deal with in the offeseason.

It looks that way now, my guess is the the coaches were not that impressed with Bramlet last year. He is certainly provign over there he is at least worth another look. The coaches this year have a good "problem" (more worthy QBs then roster spots) to deal with in the offeseason.

I do think palmer is an upgrade over bramlet just because excelling in nfl europe is meaningless to me but that pick could have been used to improve things other than our third string qb

I do think palmer is an upgrade over bramlet just because excelling in nfl europe is meaningless to me but that pick could have been used to improve things other than our third string qb

I dont know man, Ive heard quite a few knocks on Palmer version 2.0

Id pick Bramlett over Palmer as of right now.

Just got done watching Bramlet today against Cologne. He had a very good game. His main asset seems to be his poise in the pocket, which was needed since he didn't get a lot of protection. He was let down by some of his teammates, otherwise the score would have been higher than it was.

I guess in the end it is going to end up with who has the bigger upside.

Jason

Look, it's great that Bramlet is doing well in Europe. Some good (not great) players to come out of NFLE.

But remember for every Kurt Warner or Jon Kitna -- there was a Kurt Kitner, Shaun Hill, Rohan Davey, Joanthan Quinn, Danny Wuerfel, or Paul Justin.

Frankly, I'd be checking out the kickers that come out NFLE -- isn't that where David Akers honed his skills?

But remember for every Kurt Warner or Jon Kitna -- there was a Kurt Kitner, Shaun Hill, Rohan Davey, Joanthan Quinn, Danny Wuerfel, or Paul Justin.

I think your view of some of our expectations is a little skewed. Fact is, if he can come in and be a solid backup, then that's a win. He's an undrafted guy, so really, any performance we get from him is a bonus. No one expects that he will compete for a starting job here or anywhere else.

Frankly, I'd be checking out the kickers that come out NFLE -- isn't that where David Akers honed his skills?

It is also where Ola Kimrin honed his skills. :doh:

Fact is, I'm not too impressed my the kicking in Europe. The guy for Hamburg kicked a knuckleball today, wasting a nice effort from Bramlet to get into field goal range in the first place.

Jason

"Everytime I talk about boxing' date=' some white man has to pull Rocky Marciano out of his ass....."

Yes...Kurt Warner...I know.

It's been 16 years...and there is Kurt Warner and Jake Delhomme. Anomolies do not prove anything.[/quote']

Jon Kitna, Brad Johnson, Damon Huard are also from NFLE.

Posted 6/9/2005 By Larry Weisman, USA TODAY: The NFL's 32 teams last year had 262 players on their rosters with NFLE experience and 27 quarterbacks who logged NFLE playing time have started in the NFL, including two-time MVP Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme and Brad Johnson.

And that was in june 2005, so the numbers are higher now.

It is also where Ola Kimrin honed his skills. :doh:

Fact is, I'm not too impressed my the kicking in Europe. The guy for Hamburg kicked a knuckleball today, wasting a nice effort from Bramlet to get into field goal range in the first place.

Jason

I saw that kick and man was it ugly. :doh:

I'm sure that there are better kickers in that league though.

what's so great about playing well in nfl europe? it's not like he's facing top defenses.

And it's not like he has a top, o-line, running backs, and receivers either. So the point is that he is putting his talents together, and doing a damn good job. Have you watched any of the NFLE games? They are playing good football over there, and putting 110% effort into it (unlike many NFL players) because it is one heck of an audition to make an NFL team.

what's so great about playing well in nfl europe? it's not like he's facing top defenses.

Dude, did you know there has been (27) QB's that played in NFLE that have started games in the NFL? And (19) players from NFLE have played in the Pro Bowl.

The competition may not be as tough as it is in the NFL, but it is much tougher than college. It's funny how we can get so excited about drafting a player from college, but fail to realize that many of those picks are total busts.

It may seem like a joke to some of you, but it must have seemed like a miracle to the Rams when their starter, Trent Green, went down with a season ending knee injury, only to have an unknown from the NFLE, Kurt Warner, step in and lead them all the way to the Super Bowl and win it. It may have seemed like a joke, but Trent Green was never able to get his starting job back. He ended up going to Kansas City. Maybe you should ask him if he thought it was a joke?

Dude, did you know there has been (27) QB's that played in NFLE that have started games in the NFL? And (19) players from NFLE have played in the Pro Bowl.

The competition may not be as tough as it is in the NFL, but it is much tougher than college. It's funny how we can get so excited about drafting a player from college, but fail to realize that many of those picks are total busts.

It may seem like a joke to some of you, but it must have seemed like a miracle to the Rams when their starter, Trent Green, went down with a season ending knee injury, only to have an unknown from the NFLE, Kurt Warner, step in and lead them all the way to the Super Bowl and win it. It may have seemed like a joke, but Trent Green was never able to get his starting job back. He ended up going to Kansas City. Maybe you should ask him if he thought it was a joke?

:applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers:

I have been watching the progress and I like what this kid can do. I remember someone in another post saying the NFLE was not at the same league as NFL. I agree.

But if you drive a car on a race track over and over again and slowly increase your speed, and then some more and then some more...etc. You are going to become a total pro and win the race. Playing football is no different. College --> NFLE --> NFL - is better then - College --> Sitting on the bench for a year or two --> ???

The guy has been in Europe for three freakin' years. He has a better chance of becoming mayor of Munich than an NFL signal-caller at this point.

And you are showing how little you know about Bramlet. This is only his second year in NFLE. He played for the Sea Devils in 2005 (allocated by Cincy). Last year he stayed in town to learn the big Al offense. And he is now playing for the Sea Devils, so let's do the math 1+1=2 years.

Bramlet definitely has potential, and I agree with most of you who are saying he'll be our #3 this year with Palmer on the PS. Here's something else to consider...if JC pans out like we all expect, with a quality backup like Bramlet you have options. You can either keep him as a top reserve or trade him Matt Shaub style and get some extra draft picks. This is years down the road of course, but you have to plan for the distant future too right?

What I'm not sure about is, how similar is the offense Bramlet is running in NFLE to the offense he'd be running with us? If they're polar opposites, all this may be a moot point.

Ace ... the SeaDevils offense looks like a carbon copy of the Skins offense ... from the drag plays over the middle to the TE to the draw plays up the middle on 3rd and long ... I'm sure Saunders actually is sending in the plays via satelite! In any event ... Bramlet keeps on rollin ... If Hamburg makes the World Bowl ... it will be the icing on the cake.

Here's something else to consider...if JC pans out like we all expect, with a quality backup like Bramlet you have options.

There's no "if" when it comes to Campbell. He's the man in Washington, and no one has a chance to unseat him, bar none. Plain and simple, the Redskins don't have anyone on the roster the same caliber as Campbell.

Bramlet has his own style. And from what I've seen, the best thing he has going for him is that he is smart with the football. Gibbs will love this trait, I'm sure. He also shows great poise in the pocket and is not easily rattled. But he is still learning Saunders offense, so the best he can hope for this year is #3 on the depth chart. Oh yeah, he has one other thing going for him too, because this will be his second year under Saunders watch, this puts him head and shoulders above any rookie.

In my book: He's a keeper

I agree that Bramlet is in the running for QB3 for us, which I think is great.

If not for Joe, Brunell would probably be gone already. He was all but done last year -- before he got major surgery on his shoulder. Great guy, great career, but I don't have a lot of faith in him as even a backup anymore.

Brunell is a good backup to have. I like that he's basically a complete contrast to Campbell in terms of QB style, right down to throwing with his left arm. If Campbell gets knocked out of a game it's tough for a defense that has game planned for Campbell and the deep passing game to have to adapt to Brunell who can still get it done with shorter throws and designed rollouts, all with the opposite blind side.

I agree that I don't want him starting for us, but I think Brunell still gets sold short by 'Skins fans and is blamed a bit too easily for the shortcomings of the entire offense.

Just wanted to make a note that I finally got to catch a NFLE game this weekend on the NFL Network.

Doesn't fill the void that the off-season creates... but it was fun to watch Bramlet do such a good job! :point2sky

That was a poorly thrown ball ... turned out to be a punt. Nonetheless, overall Brammy had another inspiring game ... he carries the SeaDevils on offense and today their defense stepped up and played incredible aggressive football especially after Killi Lefoto left the game. Next week's home game against Frankfort is a "playoff game." It will be broadcast live by the NFL Network Saturday at 12:00pm.

Who gives a crap about having a "veteran" back-up if they are such ********s as Brunell and Collins ... no other NFL team would waste valuable roster/development space on such garbage ... I've been touting Bramlet since the Europa season started (anyone who bothered could have seen his dramatic imporvement in the first games against Cologne, Berlin and Frankfort) ... I wouldn't hesitate to have him backup Campbell (herectically ... he may be as good as JC). The Skins drafted Palmer ... not knowing how far Bramlet had come (typical screwup by FO) ... now they are suffering from an embarrassment of QB riches. They should go with Campbell, Bramlet and Palmer and place Hollenback on PS ... damn damn the torpedoes ....

Campbell, Bramlet and Palmer and place Hollenback on PS. Now that would be an amazing group of great young QB's that we could groom. Thanks for having the jewels to state that Bramlet may be as good as Campbell. The last time I did, I caught all kinds of hell.

One way we could keep all six:

Brunell on IR (he could stay on the sidelines and give the moral support that we need)

Collins as an Assistant QB Coach

Campbell #1

Bramlet #2

Palmer #3

Hollenbach on PS

This would secure our present and future at QB:idea:

Archived