Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins will be the Saints of 2007

jileib

Given the additions and changes on defense and a quarterback who can throw beyond the line of scrimmage and Gibbs' and Williams' s both seeking to reestablish their reputations, the skins, if they remain reasonably free of the injury bug, will be the most improved team in the 2007 NFL.eagles_suck.gif
Thats what everyone thought last year at this time...me, I'll wait till I see some wins strung togehter before I crown them improved.

Really, thats the id factor. Noone can foresee injuries, but if you can stay injury free while the rest of division deals with the loss of a few starters, you can contend.

You guys remember how much our offense suffered when we lost Randy Thomas in that blowout against Dallas in 05? We just weren't as effective as an offensive unit.

']And any team can become the cinderella team in this day and age. Detroit should have an explosive offense. If their defense is decent' date=' they could make a playoff run. But no one really knows.[/quote']

Detroit? The Lions? Are you saying "Detroit MIGHT" be good? I live in Michigan. I listen to Sports talk radio locally. The Lions insider, was on the radio. He says he expects the Lions to win 5 or 6 games next season. 7 or 8 wins "IF" everything goes perfectly. Who's playing CB in Detroit now? Remember they traded their best CB (Bly) to Denver and cut one of their better DE's (James Hall). IMO? Detroit won't win more than 5 or 6 games. But I say that EVERY year! ;)

We need to see if our players can make it out of the Pre-season first. However, I do agree. With the additions that we made, as well as how awful we were last year, we could easily make a run.

We have amazing potential. What I really like is that we have potential without the hype.

I applaud the optimism of the original poster, but I have to say I'm going to have to see some hard proof of this team's improvement before I can believe in this team's chance to be playoff bound.

Hopefully Coach Gibbs and company prove me wrong, but I'm just not seeing the same things that many of you apparently are.

We're going to have to get you some of our Kool-Aid, and let you borrow our rose colored glasses then you will see the light :laugh:

The Saints added a new and inventive young coach, a pro bowl QB in Brees, the most dynamic offensive player in years in Reggie Bush, the biggest surprise WR in the last decade in Colston and probably some other people. It was a major overhaul.

We've added a rookie safety to replace the highest paid safety in the league. Brought in an ancient middle linebacker. And brought in an average CB. We lost a starting OL. We haven't done much to change this team.

We can be as good or better than the Saints were this year. But all comes down to one thing and one thing only: Jason Campbell. If he can play like Brees did last year, we are set. If he struggles some, we might have another tough go of it.

GO JC! We are counting on you!

I hope, like everyone here, that the 'Skins turn everything around this upcoming season.

At this point though, I think the smart bet for most improved would have to go to SF in the NFC, and obviously NE in the AFC.

how do you figge when was the last time ne missed the playoffs?

when was the last time the 49ers finished at the bottom of the NFC west?

Nah, the Skins will be the 2004 Steelers...

In 2002, the Steelers went 10-5-1 behind some surprisingly strong play at the end of the season by a QB thought to be washed up (Maddox). The make the playoffs, win the first round and then lose in the 2nd round, one game from the conference championship.

In 2005, the SKins went 10-6 behind some surprisingly strong play at the beginning of the season by a QB thought to be washed up (Brunell). The make the playoffs, win the first round and then lose in the 2nd round, one game from the conference championship.

In 2003, the Steelers backslide to a 6-10 record, their "washed up" QB coming a bit back down to earth in the process.

In 2006, the Skins backslide to a 5-11 record, their "washed up" QB coming a bit back down to earth in the process.

In 2004, the Steelers went 15-1 and make the conference championship game behind their rookie QB who replaced the aforementioned "washed up QB" during the season.

In 2007, the Skins go 14-2 and make the conference championship game behind their young QB who replaced the aforementioned "washed up QB" during the previous season.

In 2005, the Steelers went 11-5 and won the Super Bowl with their QB only having 2 seasons of starting experience.

In 2008, the Skins go 11-5 and win the Super Bowl with their QB only having 2 1/2 seasons of starting experience.

:cheers:

Did we sign Carson Palmer as a FA?

Did we draft Calvin Johnson in the first round?

Did we draft a pro-bowler rookie at 7th round?

Did we get an young coach when would become COY?

These are the reasons saints were good last year, not because they sucked the year before.

Given the additions and changes on defense and a quarterback who can throw beyond the line of scrimmage and Gibbs' and Williams' s both seeking to reestablish their reputations, the skins, if they remain reasonably free of the injury bug, will be the most improved team in the 2007 NFL.:eaglesuck :gaintsuck

There is little to be seen at least until the season begins, but your sentiments are right. IF they stay healthy, they have a lot of vets and hopefully we see a lot of good things from the depth this preseason....I'm excited to see what happens this year. :helmet:

Even with Calvin Johnson, Roy Williams and Kevin Jones, I don't have faith in John Kitna to manage that offense. I think Detroit will be looking for a QB in the very near future.

They drafted Drew Stanton in the second round this year. He's a local product who could be alright for them.

Besides, Kitna threw for over 4200 yards. I'm sure he can manage that offense just fine.

Every team in the league sustains injuries to some degree. The best built teams overcome them.

You seem confident in that statement, so you should have no problem providing ample facts to back it up.

Why not start with the poorly built 2005 Eagles. Now there is a franchise that clearly needs to learn how to build through the draft.

Given the additions and changes on defense and a quarterback who can throw beyond the line of scrimmage and Gibbs' and Williams' s both seeking to reestablish their reputations, the skins, if they remain reasonably free of the injury bug, will be the most improved team in the 2007 NFL.:eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I, concur: this is a reasonable presumption. Even the 'legions of Redskins-haters' have to concede such. :applause: :cheers: :logo:

BestTravel-FreeVacations_Banner1.gif

Archived