Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins will be the Saints of 2007

jileib

Given the additions and changes on defense and a quarterback who can throw beyond the line of scrimmage and Gibbs' and Williams' s both seeking to reestablish their reputations, the skins, if they remain reasonably free of the injury bug, will be the most improved team in the 2007 NFL.:eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Remaining free of the injury bug is the key. The Giants were 6-2 before it struck them hard last year.

And any team can become the cinderella team in this day and age. Detroit should have an explosive offense. If their defense is decent, they could make a playoff run. But no one really knows.

I believe that, I just hope all of our starters can stay free of injury.

I think injuries aren't a concern for us at playmaker positions, it's more at the "meat and potatoes" positions, namely our lines.

We're set at receiver since our ground game can take a game over in an instant (even in 2006, we ran consistently).

We're set at running back for depth - I trust Ladell as much as CP.

We're set at CB - obviously.

We're set at SS and FS.

We're set at TE - Gibbs makes the best use of the TE position in the NFL when it comes to versatility. SD and KC are showier, but our TEs can be running backs, blockers, receivers, and decoys.

We're very set at QB - hated Brunell as the starter, love him as a backup.

If our lines stay healthy, injuries are really not a concern for us, provided they're not career threatening.

I hope, like everyone here, that the 'Skins turn everything around this upcoming season.

At this point though, I think the smart bet for most improved would have to go to SF in the NFC, and obviously NE in the AFC.

I think we ahve seen, time and time again, that free-agent hauls do not equal success. NE can't be that much improved considering they were seconds and inches from the Super Bowl.

If Campbell shows significant improvement from last year and continues to get better and better every single game we will win at least 2 or 3 more games, if Portis stays healthy the entire year and our O-line continues to block the way it did last year we will win a couple more games, if our defense regains its 05 form we will be a threat and make the playoffs, thats alot of ifs huh....

']Remaining free of the injury bug is the key. The Giants were 6-2 before it struck them hard last year.

And any team can become the cinderella team in this day and age. Detroit should have an explosive offense. If their defense is decent' date=' they could make a playoff run. But no one really knows.[/quote']

Even with Calvin Johnson, Roy Williams and Kevin Jones, I don't have faith in John Kitna to manage that offense. I think Detroit will be looking for a QB in the very near future.

I applaud the optimism of the original poster, but I have to say I'm going to have to see some hard proof of this team's improvement before I can believe in this team's chance to be playoff bound.

Hopefully Coach Gibbs and company prove me wrong, but I'm just not seeing the same things that many of you apparently are.

Why does every prediction of success for this team come with an injury escape clause? Every team in the league sustains injuries to some degree. The best built teams overcome them.

And the Saints had more support league-wide last year than the Skins could ever hope to achieve.

I think the Redskins will be improved too, and were not that far away last year. I think they lost 5 games by 3 points of less. Hopefully our D improves, our kicking game is solid, and both lines play solid football. If that happens 10 wins is do-able.

Given the additions and changes on defense and a quarterback who can throw beyond the line of scrimmage and Gibbs' and Williams' s both seeking to reestablish their reputations, the skins, if they remain reasonably free of the injury bug, will be the most improved team in the 2007 NFL.:eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I'm a big fan, but we have nowhere to go but up...

Why does every prediction of success for this team come with an injury escape clause? Every team in the league sustains injuries to some degree. The best built teams overcome them.

And the Saints had more support league-wide last year than the Skins could ever hope to achieve.

Simply put, this is not a well built team in terms of depth. The only positions where we really have depth are Saftey and Running back. Everything else is an injury away from a big breakdown or a serious drop-off in talent between the starter and the backups.

The offense should be a lot better and could dominate if everyone stays healthy, but the O-line is the Achilles heel. Losing Dockery will hurt. Losing anyone else on the line to injury will totally disrupt everything the offense is supposed to do.

The jury is out on the defense. It will be better, but how much better depends on the D-line. If they cant pressure the QB then teams will move the ball on us.

Simply put, this is not a well built team in terms of depth. The only positions where we really have depth are Saftey and Running back. Everything else is an injury away from a big breakdown or a serious drop-off in talent between the starter and the backups.

And until the Skins learn to focus on the draft, and more importantly, learn how to draft WELL, this lack of depth will continue to be this team's main concern.

I applaud the optimism of the original poster, but I have to say I'm going to have to see some hard proof of this team's improvement before I can believe in this team's chance to be playoff bound.

Hopefully Coach Gibbs and company prove me wrong, but I'm just not seeing the same things that many of you apparently are.

This post is for delusional, rabid Redskins fans, like myself. Not for someone who is being logical, prudent and reasonable.

Archived