Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So who is it... JLC

bedlamVR

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Okay am I the only one getting borred with JLC constantly using his possition in the press to slam the Skins ... I know its his blog and like *******s he has an oppinion he wants to share but there is a time and a place ...which got me thinking ...

The oppinions expressed in his latest blog so closley echo oppions displayed here by the "Realists" either JLC is just a dancing monkey scouring the message boards to find the tune of the disgruntaled fan ..... OR he is a regular poster here ....and somebody from "Realists" who has a particular axe to grind with the OPs in particular Art.

So who is it?

You realize that was not JLC who wrote the piece right?

It was a horrible piece of writing no doubt, but it was not written by JLC

Well it actually wasn't Jason blogging. It was some "guest blogger" who IMO has as much credbility as ANY (that's right even the nutty ones) poster here on ES. So they can tout it as a journalists blog, but unless it's the real reporter it doesn't mean anything really (although some of the guest blogs have been good reads).

It was me, sorry guys, thought I'd give you all a laugh :laugh:

WHAT?..lol :laugh: :doh:

How in the HELL does keeping Brad Johnson back in 2001 cause Campbell to NOT need "time to develop" and NOT be inexperienced??...He's blaming Campbell's lack of experience on us not keeping these QBs??...What the hell? lol

I haven't even read half of this nimrod's article and I'm cracking up over his, um, "logic" like mad lol...

I think he was saying that we haven't had stability at the QB position...

I think he was saying that we haven't had stability at the QB position...

No, he's saying that the reason the Skins' QB situation right now can't be graded higher is because Campbell is "inexperienced" and "needs time to develop", then says these things "aren't his fault"....they are the fault of us not keeping Brad Johnson and signing Jeff Hostetler as a back up in 1997 lol. Ok, so...if we had kept Brad Jonhson, Campbell would not need the experience or the time to develop? Or if we have kept Brad Johnson we would be set at QB because the 38/39 year old Johnson would still be starting for us and wouldn't need Campbell to be starting this season? Or is he saying having Hostetler be back up 10 years ago has set our QB situation back enormously? lol...Either way, it's horrendous logic to the max.

I find it somewhat amusing a person who essentially says we have six Pro Bowl level players is lacking in talent :). Randy Thomas is among the game's best guard's. Our line will miss Dockery, but, no one who's ever watched our team play would consider him "agile". He's a solid straight line blocker who could NOT pull without falling down. Even Portis talked about this on the JT show. Wade is a downgrade at guard, though, he is also a long-time starter in the NFL, and, potentially has more agility from playing in more space in his career.

Factually speaking, Taylor, Rogers, Springs, Washington, Fletcher and Griffin are all upper half of the league starters at their positions, with Rogers being the lowest on that group. The offensive line is among the best in football, as a group, in the Top 10. Sellers is among the best blockers in the game. Landry, Rocky and Campbell are unproven properties who could suck or be great, but do not lack for raw ability at their positions from a talent perspective.

The person says we have no depth at offensive line, and I guarantee you, has no idea who plays the position. They have no idea everyone in reserve is a former NFL starter, which, by definition, is what depth is, whether ANY of them is a top level starter or not. We don't lack for talent or potential.

We lack what we've long lacked and that's a lack of team. With hope, they find that again and put things together.

The person says we have no depth at offensive line, and I guarantee you, has no idea who plays the position. They have no idea everyone in reserve is a former NFL starter, which, by definition, is what depth is, whether ANY of them is a top level starter or not.

Its posts like this that keep me baking cupcakes for the homer bakesale.

Red velvet cake with lemon frosting. MMM... smells like grid iron victory.

PS: I hate haters.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Okay am I the only one getting borred with JLC constantly using his possition in the press to slam the Skins ... I know its his blog and like *******s he has an oppinion he wants to share but there is a time and a place ...which got me thinking ...

The oppinions expressed in his latest blog so closley echo oppions displayed here by the "Realists" either JLC is just a dancing monkey scouring the message boards to find the tune of the disgruntaled fan ..... OR he is a regular poster here ....and somebody from "Realists" who has a particular axe to grind with the OPs in particular Art.

So who is it?

uhhh, i think its more likely that people here read alot of what JLC says and are influenced it... That being said, JLC is on the money with just about everything he says. The fact that you are obvioiusly so upset about it indicates to me that you know he is telling the truth and you just dont like it.

uhhh, i think its more likely that people here read alot of what JLC says and are influenced it... That being said, JLC is on the money with just about everything he says. The fact that you are obvioiusly so upset about it indicates to me that you know he is telling the truth and you just dont like it.

This recent blog is exhibit A that you don't need to use logic or even correct facts in order to bash the Redskins. Certain people will nod in agreement anyway.

the JLC blog is just a "rehash the Bash" post that pretty much repeats what is said elsewhere negative about the skins....i rmeber a couple three years back Dan Snyder and the WP having a falling out and a public fued and i think for some time to come WP will bad mouth everything they can about the redskins because they had this fight with Snyder

I only wish that blog came in roll form so I could hang it next to my toilet and wipe my ass with it.

Seriously, that blog is a waste of time. JLC needs to concentrate on writing articles instead of feeding all the fanbois stuck on his jock. Oh...and Jason...Stu Scott called, he wants his eye back.

"We are an old, aging, injury-prone team, that just isn't as talented as almost 20 teams in the league but certainly not anywhere near the top ten!"

I'm struggling to figure out exactly where the old and aging is coming from. Lets list players under the age of 28 shall we... Clinton Portis, Ladell Betts, Santana Moss, Brandon Lloyd, Antwan Randel El, Chris Cooley, Jason Campbell, Sean Taylor, Laron Landry, Carlos Rogers, Andre Carter(exactly 28), Rocky McIntosh, Anthony Montgomery, Fred Smoot(exactly 28)

Thats not even all of them, that is just starters, and yes I included a couple guys who may or may not start however will see a lot of playing time reguardless next season. Thats 14 guys! This is far from an old team. We are experienced up front on both sides of the ball and have young gamebreakers around them. So please.. do a little research before you folks just come out with reckless comments that couldn't be further from the truth.

Looks like we found him!

First, he isnt a "realist" Redskins fans, second, thats not JLC who wrote that piece. So as bad as that piece is, yours was just as wrong.

Second, near the end of the entry, the man proves he isnt really as big of a Redskins fans as he claims to be. He said he "hopes for a 8-8, 7-9" season. No true fan ever hopes for a 8-8 season, realist, homeboy, hater or whatever. The fan may EXPECT an 8-8 season, but he HOPES for something better.

First, he isnt a "realist" Redskins fans, second, thats not JLC who wrote that piece. So as bad as that piece is, yours was just as wrong.

Second, near the end of the entry, the man proves he isnt really as big of a Redskins fans as he claims to be. He said he "hopes for a 8-8, 7-9" season. No true fan ever hopes for a 8-8 season, realist, homeboy, hater or whatever. The fan may EXPECT an 8-8 season, but he HOPES for something better.

Weather JLC posted this or not hmiself is irrevelent because he still allowed it to go up on his blog so the peice still has his smilling face on top of it and his endorsement indended or not . Okay so it wasn't JLC with his latest blog ...i admit i missed that sorry ...

But how does the oppion expressed by his guest bloggers, or his wife, dog, neighbor etc on the whole differ from the opinion often expressed by JLC himself, also if he is going to give the guy web time why would he or someone at the WP not check the rant for actual facts like getting the names of the offensive linesmen right there are only 5 of them for christ sake not a stech for someone who starts his rant by saying he is a massive skins fan

I also don't feel people read JLC articles and then rehash his words, rather JLC scans the message boards and parasitically expresses his oppinion to best fit with the most popular or loudest fealing of the fans, at the moment that leads to the "re-hash the bash entries" we see . We already know he reads at least Arts posts and it is not a reach to think he is a regular here :2cents:

I find it amusing that the poster has time to critisize the piece but not time to read it is not actually from JLC. I then find it just as amusing that until about 10 posts in, no one else understands the same thing. I then find it even more amusing that after someone actually states that its not JLC people STILL talk likes its JLC!:doh: :rolleyes:

I'm a huge Redskins fan, live and die B&G, but you guys are out of control and need some drugs to help you with your paranoia and delusions. How about we actually read and comprehend BEFORE we post a link and comment on it? How about some of the "regulars" on here get off their high and mighty routine and admit you were ready to jump down JLC no matter what he wrote.

Art (whos writings I respect) has his little tiff going with JLC and thats his deal, but in all due respect that doesnt mean everything JLC writes is garbage. It also doesnt mean that JLC doesnt have some type of opinion woven into the fabric of his work(because that would just be wrong:rolleyes: )

I also have one question. Does everything that is posted on ES mean that Dan Snyder agrees or approves it(please hold your wise cracks for a different thread :D ), so why would we think that JLC HAS to agree with his blogger or that he thinks what they have written is FACT? As for the rest of the flock....well you should try getting you own thoughts on Redskins matters and not allowing everything you read anywhere, wether it be on REDSKINS.COM or any other media outlet to tell you what to think. Facts are facts, opinions are just opinions. :2cents: :logo:

Weather JLC posted this or not hmiself is irrevelent because he still allowed it to go up on his blog so the peice still has his smilling face on top of it and his endorsement indended or not . Okay so it wasn't JLC with his latest blog ...i admit i missed that sorry ...

No man, there is no reason for us to believe that Jason had anything to do with that piece of writing. There is a skins logo above everything here.

IS JLCs blog is not a message board it is not a public forum ... who ever Jason gest in to guest blog for him at some level Jason approves of the opinions expressed .

No it doesnt. Jason is on leave with his newborn son. He I isnt opperating the site and he isnt the webmaster. His blog is also very similiar to a message board with anyone able to post a responce.

Its amazing that even after you learn it wasnt jasons piece, you still attack him.

No man, there is no reason for us to believe that Jason had anything to do with that piece of writing. There is a skins logo above everything here.

Jason is on leave with his newborn son. He I isnt opperating the site and he isnt the webmaster. His blog is also very similiar to a message board with anyone able to post a responce.

Its amazing that even after you learn it wasnt jasons piece, you still attack him.

I know he is on leave to be with his new born son. But that has not stopped him posting on his blog in the recent past and I am not blind to the differences in his style of writting of his articles compared to his blog entries which lack profesionalism.

The question I posed was who people thought JLC was on the message boards and if he was a regular poster, as he as I stated has more of the realist nature.

Now for you to say the webmaster for JLCs blog contols the content is just wrong . No one would blog if that were the case if anyone could post - not comment - on thier blog without their consent or knowledge . The Washington Post gives the blog web space but had no control or endorsement of the views - at least not legally - which is why they are often opinion views rtather than facts and articles .

I find it amusing that the poster has time to critisize the piece but not time to read it is not actually from JLC. I then find it just as amusing that until about 10 posts in, no one else understands the same thing. I then find it even more amusing that after someone actually states that its not JLC people STILL talk likes its JLC!:doh: :rolleyes:

I'm a huge Redskins fan, live and die B&G, but you guys are out of control and need some drugs to help you with your paranoia and delusions. How about we actually read and comprehend BEFORE we post a link and comment on it? How about some of the "regulars" on here get off their high and mighty routine and admit you were ready to jump down JLC no matter what he wrote.

Art (whos writings I respect) has his little tiff going with JLC and thats his deal, but in all due respect that doesnt mean everything JLC writes is garbage. It also doesnt mean that JLC doesnt have some type of opinion woven into the fabric of his work(because that would just be wrong:rolleyes: )

I also have one question. Does everything that is posted on ES mean that Dan Snyder agrees or approves it(please hold your wise cracks for a different thread :D ), so why would we think that JLC HAS to agree with his blogger or that he thinks what they have written is FACT? As for the rest of the flock....well you should try getting you own thoughts on Redskins matters and not allowing everything you read anywhere, wether it be on REDSKINS.COM or any other media outlet to tell you what to think. Facts are facts, opinions are just opinions. :2cents: :logo:

How about we stop trying to bash each other due to preconceived biases for/against JLC, and just focus on the actual blog article...because the article is horrendous.

Besides, I'm not sure which is worse: fans who have a bias against JLC and anything he writes, or fans who hate the Skins and Snyder so much that anything negative written about them gets their approval, irregardless of factual accuracy or huge flaws in logic.

Me, I vote for the latter.

The one thing that stuck out to me about the article was the drafting of good young talent and holding on to them. The skins have done a terrible job at trading our picks away and the FA only yields so much. I think the front office is going to get better with this!! 2008 draft we are going to get a boat load of young fresh players!!!(hopefully) :D

Archived