Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vinny Cerrato Says Briggs trade is dead

NavyDave

On sportstalk 980 interview with Feldman and Maloney just now.

So there shouldn't be anyone threads about this, ok??

:laugh: Yeh good luck with that one. I am betting atleast one or two spin off of this thread. :laugh:

On a serious note, I was middle of the road on the trade but now that we have made it through this years draft with all of our 2008 picks in tact I would prefer it be forgotten and called what it was... a rumor that had major legs. I like the depth and young talent we got on day two.

On a separate note, Cerrato says raquetball with Snyder is still on!

IF we had more picks maybe we could have made a play to trade up for Branch once he slipped. Or gotten DL help in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounds. We just didn't have the ammo to fill all of our needs in this draft, especially when it became apparent that no one was willing to offer us what we wanted to move up to the 6 spot even with Quinn and Peterson available. Having said that, I think we'll be very pleased with Landry.

Well, fortunately for Jason, he doesn't have to listen to team disclaimers or actual attribution to continue his theory as to how the Briggs deal is still alive. You see, he outlined for a reader that until Briggs is traded or resigned by Chicago, he remains in play, and a player in play could possibly still fall to the Redskins. Jason has allowed, by that twisted logic, to essentially link us to any player in the league he wants, and suggest it can't be invalidated until an invalidating event occurs. Technically, he's right. Until Briggs resigns with Chicago or gets traded to someone else, we could possibly still acquire him. He'd just do well to not keep mentioning it, as it seems so odd given how obvious it is.

Archived