Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I need to know something in a poll form.

Art

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

So I guess that's it. No one criticize this team or organization again.

That wasn't the point in any way. The point, was, however, are you intelligent enough to realize when you aren't qualified to make comment. I am. Are you?

Having a valid, reasonable position that we needed a defensive line is smart and something you can back up. Now, seeing what actually has happened throughout the offseason, is it something you can process that your viewpoint was the incorrect one at least in regard to what the people coaching the team felt was the biggest problem with it?

There is a phenomenon in sound editting when you are going over the tape so many times you start hallucinating and mis-hearing things or start to perceive things in a certain way because you've just been at it for so long. Every so often, smart, experienced men can be studying the trees, the branches, the roots, the bark and the leaves so hard and with such detailed scrutiny that they can become oblivious to the fact that they're actually studying an ecosystem and not a single tree.

Was this the case? I hope not. Can it happen? Assuredly. They could get so immersed in the minutia that the bigger problem happened to disappear or they convinced themselves that it was correctable or due to some secondary factor.

Art, you make mistakes occasionally in your daily life at work and so do I. And guess what, so do our Redskins. This is our team, we can criticize them if we want, that doesn't mean WE know more, but maybe someone else who is an "expert" that we hear actually does know more.

Thing is, their decisions are played out on a field for 16 weeks, and if they make good decisions, more than that.

No one right now knows how good this draft was, we shall see.

I'm THRILLED that we did not give up any picks next year, and to be truthful, I really like the QB pick. The other picks I don't have a major problem with either. But that sure as hell doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about either.

The mistake this team makes is in doing things like giving up a future pick for Brandon Lloyd and TJ Duckett. If you are honest, I think you'd even say they were mistakes, especially the Duckett one.

Hail,

H

There is a phenomenon in sound editting when you are going over the tape so many times you start hallucinating and mis-hearing things or start to perceive things in a certain way because you've just been at it for so long. Every so often, smart, experienced men can be studying the trees, the branches, the roots, the bark and the leaves so hard and with such detailed scrutiny that they can become oblivious to the fact that they're actually studying an ecosystem and not a single tree.

Was this the case? I hope not. Can it happen? Assuredly. They could get so immersed in the minutia that the bigger problem happened to disappear or they convinced themselves that it was correctable or due to some secondary factor.

This is an interesting point and clearly valid counter. Thank you.

Ahh, here you and I agree. Gibbs has coached at a fireable level. No doubt about that. Gibbs has been the weakest part of our organization, on the whole, for three years, primarily because the strengths he has as a person in working with people have not shown up as a coach this time around.

Gibbs has been the weakest part?? What about Danny, Vinny, and Greg, they have not been making every right choice have they?? No.

AA was a Greg pick, the pathetic D last year was a Greg issue, the defense completely phoning it in, another Greg issue.

Given up 2 picks for a WR that can not even get in the endzone is a Vinny issue, given up 1 pick for a RB that had no need in being here was a Gibbs issue.

There is plenty of blame to go around.

We are aging badly on the DL, and are two injuries away from teams getting 200 yards on us a game on the ground. The OL depth is not as good as you think, none of the backup picks in the draft have panned out well. The best corner we have every time you look they are trying to trade him.

There is a lot wrong with this team right now.

Gibbs has been the weakest part?? What about Danny, Vinny, and Greg, they have not been making every right choice have they?? No.

AA was a Greg pick, the pathetic D last year was a Greg issue, the defense completely phoning it in, another Greg issue.

Given up 2 picks for a WR that can not even get in the endzone is a Vinny issue, given up 1 pick for a RB that had no need in being here was a Gibbs issue.

We are aging badly on the DL, and are two injuries away from teams getting 200 yards on us a game on the ground. The OL depth is not as good as you think, none of the backup picks in the draft have panned out well. The best corner we have every time you look they are trying to trade him.

well J if, as you believe, Gibbs knows less than you do he probably is the weakest part.

I would honestly say there MIGHT be 1 or 2 people on here that MAY know ALMOST as much as the coaches due to football coaching experience, however nobody knows more about our personel situation and what we actually need than the coaches imo.

This MIGHT be so (almost anything imaginable is possible somewhere) but I would be willing to wager that those few who genuinely do understand football at that level are not the ones that have terrorized the board lately with their opinions on who MUST be picked and why ________ is an idiot if they don't.

There is a vast difference between having/expressing an opinion, especially in circumstances as eagerly anticipated as the draft, and holding hostages at cyber-gunpoint until your demands are met. Some of the ranting around here lately has approached that level.

Art, you make mistakes occasionally in your daily life at work and so do I. And guess what, so do our Redskins. This is our team, we can criticize them if we want, that doesn't mean WE know more, but maybe someone else who is an "expert" that we hear actually does know more.

Thing is, their decisions are played out on a field for 16 weeks, and if they make good decisions, more than that.

No one right now knows how good this draft was, we shall see.

I'm THRILLED that we did not give up any picks next year, and to be truthful, I really like the QB pick. The other picks I don't have a major problem with either. But that sure as hell doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about either.

The mistake this team makes is in doing things like giving up a future pick for Brandon Lloyd and TJ Duckett. If you are honest, I think you'd even say they were mistakes, especially the Duckett one.

Hail,

H

I have never said we haven't made mistakes. I've been rather pointed in the mistakes we've made. Duckett was a mistake, both at the core of it and for the price. I said so at the time and since, but, THAT is not the same question as this. That is a player evaluation determination that is far more subjective than a simple numerical evaluation of who did their job and who didn't on the roster in the plays called.

Understand, anyone who's been here a while knows I despised Mike Nolan. I hated Jimmy Raye. I thought their systems sucked. I thought they were clueless. And if either of them spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours evaluating their personnel and told me these guys over here did their job in my system while these guys over there did not, I'd believe them.

Now, I may reject them for reasons I reject their systems and might argue another system is a better concept. But, I wouldn't reject they certainly know better what it takes to make what they are trying to do go than I am. No matter how dumb what they are trying to do is. I happen to, likewise, believe in what Williams tries to do, so, here I happen to find a more natural fit than with someone I don't respect.

I've been critical of any number of things for any number of reasons. This thread is merely to get to the root of some critique of today that appears to make it seem like some element of fans legitimately believe they understand what we're trying to do better than those trying to do it but who don't seem honest enough to say they hate what we do.

I love Gibbs to death, but, I see the flaws in what he's doing since he's returned from a management standpoint. He's lost touch with the players and their emotions, primarily because the players are afraid of him and he hasn't gotten them to believe they don't need to be. Williams did lose his guys as Gibbs lost his as well. They both are the one's responsible for the negative impact of having the players reject them last year.

Ultimately, it's their fault that happened, even if we tire of the players being such babies. One element of why the defensive line was not as much a priority is because it was not the unit that seemed to rebel against the staff, meaning, they likely believe they remain coachable and will do as they are asked where they clearly had doubts as to getting that same play from other units.

Cool we have infallible coaches. 16-0 and a SB win this year then.

And, again, that's not been said here. What has been said is when the coaching staff evaluates their players based on the actual plays they called, can they EVER not know who did the job well and who did it poorly. Ever. Answer that.

That's over 50% of the people answering, over 80 people total as of when I voted.

Very telling about us as a group.

very telling about THEM as a group. im not lumping myself in with anyone that truly beleives they know more about the team than the coaches.

I think that was one of the constants through out discussions this off season even when I was on the Anderson, then CJ, then Branch wagon. I always felt that because I didn't work with the guys or see quite as many games as some folks that there was always the possibility that there was some other factors of which i wasn't aware. I tell you what though, Landing HB Blades made that lost pick in the 2nd and 3rd worth it Blades would have been worth a 2nd pick hands down. He will be a future starter and I am thrilled to have in Burgundy and Gold

Archived