Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just heard George Michael on the Riggins show...

Grinder

Goerge Michaels' sports knowledge consists of what he is told by those who know what they're talking about. He is' date=' in effect, a parrot with the analytical skills of a retarded three-toed sloth. His lack of understanding and/or true sports knowledge is the source of great humor to his peers, who often laugh at his feeble attempts to sound intelligent. He is also a shamelss self-promoter.

Edit: The reason this is relevant is because he is often purposefully misinofrmed for those exact reasons.[/quote']

LOL, beer squirted through my nose when the initial posted hinted that he was an "insider." I have never, ever gotten the appeal of him. If you really think he has any knowledge of the game then you never heard him do play-by-play the year he did it for the Skins in preseason. He is the definition of "Smarmy."

Goerge Michaels' sports knowledge consists of what he is told by those who know what they're talking about. He is' date=' in effect, a parrot with the analytical skills of a retarded three-toed sloth. His lack of understanding and/or true sports knowledge is the source of great humor to his peers, who often laugh at his feeble attempts to sound intelligent. He is also a shamelss self-promoter.

Edit: The reason this is relevant is because he is often purposefully misinofrmed for those exact reasons.[/quote']

This is, sadly, pretty much on the spot.

Hmmmm...okay lets assume this is true. And I'm assuming basically everyone here is 1000% down with that(I know I am). So, heres what we have to hope for on draft day....

Oakland-I think the best case scenario is they take Calvin Johnson. You'll see why in a second.

Detroit-Doesn't really matter as long as it's not Quinn or Joe Thomas. Again you'll see why. Lets assume they take Gaines Adams as they're rumored to be high on him.

Cleveland-Well this is the big pick. Jamarcus Russell is still available and he and Browns GM Phil Savage go way back. I think they would take Russell over Quinn. Browns could also take Adrian Peterson, which would probably be more preferred as the Bucs won't be taking him but could take Russell.

Tampa-Well now another situation here. Tampa could take Quinn or Russell, but they PROBABLY won't because they just signed Jeff Garcia and still have young Chris Simms so they'd be better off filling a hole somewhere else. If they do go QB though they'd probably take Russell, IIRC Gruden was enamored with him. As long as it's not Joe Thomas we'll be fine and why is that?...

Arizona-Heres why. If Joe Thomas is still available I am 99% sure the Cards will snap him up. They need OL worse than we need DL and Thomas has the same agent as the Cards HC and OC. A problem would arise if Thomas were already taken, as the Cards could be the team to switch picks with the Dolphins and grab the 2nd rounder.

So with that said, here is our likely realistic best case scenario for the top 5:

Oakland-Calvin Johnson

Detroit-Gaines Adams

Cleveland-Adrian Peterson

Tampa Bay-Jamarcus Russell

Arizona-Joe Thomas

Okay, now shifting gears. We make the trade and get the Fins 9th overall and 2nd round picks. They take Quinn obviously. Next up are the Vikes and Falcons. We're all pretty certain the Falcons will take either Landry or Okoye. But the Vikes concern me. I don't really know what they're looking for.

Looking at the Vikes: NFLDraftCountdown has their biggest needs at WR, DE, and OL. They could just go the BAP route and go with Landry, or maybe they take Jamal Anderson. HOPEFULLY thats where they go, that way the Falcons can take Landry.

So to recap, here is our dream mock top 8...

Oakland-Calvin Johnson

Detroit-Gaines Adams

Tampa-Jamarcus Russell

Arizona-Joe Thomas

Miami-Brady Quinn

Minnesota-Jamal Anderson

Atlanta-Laron Landry

That leaves us with....hopefully Okoye. :)

Talking utopia here:

Wouldn't it be great if it happened and then Landry was still there at #9. If the FO didn't feel that strong about him, Patriots traded both #1's for the #9. So, two 1st rounders and a 2nd. Yippie! One can dream, right?

When you wish upon a star....

Anything that comes out of George Michael's mouth should only be laughed at. He and Skip Bayliss should start try to start their own show together and take bets with their friends on how quickly they will get fired.

P.S.

We should draft Brady Quinn since he can come in and start (fresh out of the Charlie Weis offense) and trade Campbell and Springs for more picks

All the recent threads are a good indicator of just how cagey all the high-picking teams have become. From Oakland on down, no one is indicating who they plan to pick.

I agree that waiting for the actual draft is getting harder and harder. It's like reading a mystery story -- you want to turn to the last page and see how things turned out.

Frankly, I'm not sure things are going to turn out the way everyone thinks. For example, I'm not certain that Arizona will trade down -- especially with Thomas, Adams or Peterson still on the board. Those are three guys who'd fill immediate Cardinal needs.

Teams probably still see Washington is the ideal candidate for trading down, because it has so few picks in the later rounds. Unfortunately, that also makes us seem more desperate -- so we might not get all those extra toss-in picks for our #6. Then again, maybe Washington doen't want to have to spend all that $$$$ to sign multiple 1st round draft-choices. It will be interesting.

Then, . . . there's still the Briggs deal lurking out there drawing our FO :phone:to it like a moth to the flame. :evil: ...Be afraid ... be very afraid. :yikes:

He confirmed that "if Cleveland doesn't use their brains" and lets Brady Quinn slide, potentially to our six spot, that we would trade the 6 to Miami for the 9 and their second rounder.

I know this has been discussed here but hearing it mentioned by an insider like George just gives me a case of the warm fuzzies. If that does play out then we would pick up a choice second round pick and only have to trade back three spots, which really leaves open the possibility of a second trade down if someone like Peterson or Landry was still there at 9.

FWIW, George is way down on Gaines Adams ("overrated", "overweight", "not a player") and talked as though he knows he is off the Skins radar.

This is exactly what I have been hoping for. Two trade downs, getting who we want/need anyway, and getting a 2nd and 3rd (or 4th) to boot. Now, watch our FO screw it up.

:doh:

Anything that comes out of George Michael's mouth should only be laughed at. He and Skip Bayliss should start try to start their own show together and take bets with their friends on how quickly they will get fired.

P.S.

We should draft Brady Quinn since he can come in and start (fresh out of the Charlie Weis offense) and trade Campbell and Springs for more picks

You do of course realize the irony of making fun of George Michael and then making a silly outlandish statement about us drafting Quinn, correct? Please tell me that was sarcasm.

P.S.

Cocaine is a hellava drug. Seriously. 1 pick the first day and you want a QB? do you even watch football? :doh:

So to recap, here is our dream mock top 8...

Oakland-Calvin Johnson

Detroit-Gaines Adams

Tampa-Jamarcus Russell

Arizona-Joe Thomas

Miami-Brady Quinn

Minnesota-Jamal Anderson

Atlanta-Laron Landry

That leaves us with....hopefully Okoye. :)

Why would TB take yet another QB when they have 17 on the roster already, no viable offensive linemen and an aging defense. If Johnson, Adams and Peterson are gone, I think TB takes Thomas leaving Arizona high and dry.

He confirmed that "if Cleveland doesn't use their brains" and lets Brady Quinn slide, potentially to our six spot, that we would trade the 6 to Miami for the 9 and their second rounder.

I know this has been discussed here but hearing it mentioned by an insider like George just gives me a case of the warm fuzzies. If that does play out then we would pick up a choice second round pick and only have to trade back three spots, which really leaves open the possibility of a second trade down if someone like Peterson or Landry was still there at 9.

FWIW, George is way down on Gaines Adams ("overrated", "overweight", "not a player") and talked as though he knows he is off the Skins radar.

That would be beyond too cool if it happened like that. BTW, on Gaines Adams, no way he could have said overweight - the guy is 6'5 260.

P.S.

Please get back on your meds immediately.

]']So long as we'd actualyl spend that 2nd rounder on a DE' date=' I'd be alright with it.

This may be wishful thinking, but if Jarvis Moss falls, I'd love that.[/quote']

As much as I'd love it to happen, no way Moss falls that far - but keep hope alive.

If we get the 9th and 40th we'd be sitting pretty, you'd think. Is the 6 really worth a 9th and 40th according to the chart? If so, that's a pretty good deal for us.

HTTR

By the chart it would be a good deal for us. Basically 6 and 9 are 250pts apart. So a middle 3rd would be value.

The good news is that the Fins might be desperate for the QB and their 3rd isn't exactly a good deal for us so we might be able to convince them to give up their 2nd instead! :cheers:

Archived