Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just heard George Michael on the Riggins show...

Grinder

When he said overweight about Gaines Adams i figured he was being normal alzheimeric George and was meaning to talk about Alan Branch but mixed up the names.

That was my same thought he had to be talkin bout Branch cuz I seen it live and was like George been watchin them horses too long!!!:laugh: :laugh:

assuming we draft okoye with the 1st what do we do with the miami's 2nd?

BPA?

Safety?

Olineman?

another DL?

WR?

I personally, with the 2nd feel you have to pick BPA. It justs adds value to the team and gives us the depth and leverage to really make moves in the future. all well run teams seem to always have the talent to make moves.

If there isn't a clear cut BPA I believe Joe is going to go offense with the next pick. Probably OL.

I think there is a slim chance they will go Safety unless BPA. And an even slimmer chance that they go with another DL.

He's done broadcasting the news...

He still has his "sports machine" show and the other sports shows...as far as I know.

Anyways, I hope he's right. 3 spots is a good move...for a second rounder.:fingersx:

Oh alright, good to know, I was going to be pissed if he was 100% done :mad:

Is George still going to do the Redskins stuff during the season, or is he 100% done with NBC 4 ?

As I understand it, the "panel" shows (Redskins Report, etc) with the other columnists/reporters will continue, but SportsMachine and his role as a head honcho in sports dept has been over for a while.

Because the word is that Minn (#7) is interested in Quinn. So he won't be there at #9.

I highly doubt that is true. They picked up that kid, Jackson, in the late second last year. I doubt they give up on him after a year, unless they really saw something horrible in his work ethic/character/attitude.

I highly doubt that is true. They picked up that kid, Jackson, in the late second last year. I doubt they give up on him after a year, unless they really saw something horrible in his work ethic/character/attitude.

Don't be so sure. They got rid of Brad Johnson, Which was a mistake (we should never have gotten rid of him), they have no real back up, and the word is that they really like the fact that Quinn has been playing in an NFL type system for two years already.

I would say call minn and say they are offering their second and see what minn can offer. Then take the #7 and call atl about landry and try to get a 2nd or 3rd thrown in and then draft Okoye at #7 and have at worst a 2nd and third.

If they don't want it then call ne and try to get their two firsts for Landry, at worst have two firsts and a early second.

Imagine we could get

24 = DE

28 = OG

2nd = Merriweather at ss

5th = TE who can block

rest of the picks bpa and we are set with youth and depth everywhere.

Then trade our 3rd and 4th next year for Jenkins and we are set.

Don't be so sure. They got rid of Brad Johnson, Which was a mistake (we should never have gotten rid of him), they have no real back up, and the word is that they really like the fact that Quinn has been playing in an NFL type system for two years already.

Minn is reported to be interested in LL and Quinn.

FWIW, George is way down on Gaines Adams ("overrated", "overweight", "not a player") and talked as though he knows he is off the Skins radar.

I think all that hairspray must be getting to George.

I agree Gaines Adams is overrated. At best, he's a 3rd-down pass rusher. Why would the Skins use the #6 pick for a 3rd-down player???

Everyone likes the fact that Quinn has been playing in an NFL system for 2 years. It's not like its a knock on him.

I'd just be very amazed if they picked up Quinn. It's a plow, in my eyes, so if he falls, a team trades up for him. Jackson must be really stinking it up if there's any truth to this.

I wouldn't nescessarily call George an "insider". He's just a journalist... a guy who tells good sports stories. And a long time favorite of mine.

I hope this does happen too. But there is a problem. That is that they are trying to get Trent Green and if that happens, there is about no chance of this trade ever happening, and that's still IF Cleveland passes on Brady Quinn (which I sincerely doubt they will.)

I also agree with George that Adams is over rated. He's too much a problem against the run. If we were talking 'boom or bust' factor, then I'd say he has more odds to be a bust than a boom for that high of a pick. Yes he is a nice pass rusher, but he is a HORRIBLE run stopper wich makes him an average or worse overall defensive lineman. I'd compare him pretty accurately to Mathias Kiwanuka of the Giants. Almost the exact same kind of situation comming out of college. Except, I'd say Adams does have alot more speed. But we have had enough problems against the run and we don't need him to add to it.

My top 3 choices (In no particular order) come down to:

DT Okoye (I see a Tommie Harris type player in him)

S LaRon Landry (total package with blazing speed and toughness-we'd have the best secondary in football for many years)

or

Jamal Anderson (Seems like a well rounded Defensive End).

And just for clarity, I feel that LaRon Landry is the safest pick that early in the draft at that spot. Unless some chance Calvin Johnson would fall to us, but highly unliklely.

...Of coarse, I forgot to think about Omar Stoutmire comming back when I wrote that. I don't know if he and Prielou would make much of a difference in the prospect of Landry or not. ??

How many DTs are 6'2"? Okoye wont be our pick, but he may at the most be a high 2d rounder or 3d rounder. Would I take him 1st round yes, but I don't think we favor him as a 1st round pick. I think wie'll go with a skill position. 22 APR 07

Warren Sapp is 6'2". He's was a first round pick and what is he known for? Getting penetration and disrupting plays in the backfield. I'd love to have a guy like that.

Archived