Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just heard George Michael on the Riggins show...

Grinder

He confirmed that "if Cleveland doesn't use their brains" and lets Brady Quinn slide, potentially to our six spot, that we would trade the 6 to Miami for the 9 and their second rounder.

I know this has been discussed here but hearing it mentioned by an insider like George just gives me a case of the warm fuzzies. If that does play out then we would pick up a choice second round pick and only have to trade back three spots, which really leaves open the possibility of a second trade down if someone like Peterson or Landry was still there at 9.

FWIW, George is way down on Gaines Adams ("overrated", "overweight", "not a player") and talked as though he knows he is off the Skins radar.

It would be nice, but the suggestion of picking up Peterson seems silly. At #9 we could still fill our defensive line need, plus pick up a quality safety in the 2nd round maybe

Peterson would be trade bait, not a choice for the Skins.

He confirmed that "if Cleveland doesn't use their brains" and lets Brady Quinn slide, potentially to our six spot, that we would trade the 6 to Miami for the 9 and their second rounder.

I know this has been discussed here but hearing it mentioned by an insider like George just gives me a case of the warm fuzzies. If that does play out then we would pick up a choice second round pick and only have to trade back three spots, which really leaves open the possibility of a second trade down if someone like Peterson or Landry was still there at 9.

FWIW, George is way down on Gaines Adams ("overrated", "overweight", "not a player") and talked as though he knows he is off the Skins radar.

Yes, I heard him too. However, it's a bit presumptive to say he "confirmed". Insider or not, he's not going to be in the war room (that I know), so he's really "speculating". And he didn't then say who the Skins might pick at #9, but since he mentioned this right after discussing Okoye, one might infer he's in the Redskins' sights. He also said that Okoye, amazing as he is at 19, is not deserving to be picked as high as #6.

Not a bad deal, but I'm greedy and would want another pick along with the 9th overall and the 2nd rounder. Maybe a 4th rounder this year or a 3rd next year.

On another note, glad to see King George keeping busy after his exit from full time work at NBC4. The sports aren't the same without him.

Talking utopia here:

Wouldn't it be great if it happened and then Landry was still there at #9. If the FO didn't feel that strong about him, Patriots traded both #1's for the #9. So, two 1st rounders and a 2nd. Yippie! One can dream, right?

On another note, glad to see King George keeping busy after his exit from full time work at NBC4. The sports aren't the same without him.

I know. I miss seeing him on NBC4 as it just seems to be missing something when he is not on the set. Glad to hear he still has a source or two. :)

Seeing that Joe Thomas will be skipping the draft to go fishing with his pop, I think some teams may be turned off with this. I don't know if it will affect his status but it sure sounds stupid at first glance. So if Thomas slips, Quinn is as good as gone.

haha, what?! Thats so random.

Goerge Michaels' sports knowledge consists of what he is told by those who know what they're talking about. He is, in effect, a parrot with the analytical skills of a retarded three-toed sloth. His lack of understanding and/or true sports knowledge is the source of great humor to his peers, who often laugh at his feeble attempts to sound intelligent. He is also a shamelss self-promoter.

Edit: The reason this is relevant is because he is often purposefully misinofrmed for those exact reasons.

It would definitely be a good move for the Skins, no doubt. I have a hard time believing that Cleveland would pass on Quinn though.

I think they would take Peterson over Quinn regardless if Quinn gets past Detroit. But, if they did take Quinn, Peterson would drop to us and we would still have trade bait with him and Landry.

there is so much dis-information being put out there trying to read the comments as being straight-forward and indicative of what the team will do a week from now is just a waste of time :laugh:

it's best to just turn on the draft and watch what happens.

usually, one team makes what most think is a poor decision in the top 10 picks and that slides a highly ranked player down the board so that other teams get hot to move up and then you have a trade.

but that trade is circumstantial and spontaneous reaction to events that unfold at the time.

If the Browns let Peterson slip wouldnt someone give up something similair for him.One of these 2 players will be at #6 as far as the mocks go.If you believe in them we will have a bargaining chip on draft day.

If we are at #6 with Peterson, then we could entertain Buffalo or Green Bay to trade up.

Archived