Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trung Sighting

laxpck

"John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports free-agent RB Trung Canidate (Redskins) has been in contact with several teams with an eye towards setting up workouts prior to the NFL Draft. Canidate, who has been out of action since 2003 due to a foot injury, has received a clean bill of health and has recently been timed in the mid-4.4 range during training."

I thought that this guy had retired to that place where undersized backs re-live their glory days.

If he's actually still got that reported speed, he might have a future as a return guy. Being out of the league for 3 years, he's gotta be caked with rust. Ricky Williams came back after a year and didn't look very good. And Trung looked worse than Ricky last time I remember seeing him.

I can't see him sticking anywhere, but who knows. He is only 30. Maybe the !Yahoo guy is just trying to give Skins fans more indigestion. Like we need more of that!?!?!

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187503

I always thought of Trung as more of a Vinny guy. It was always my understanding that Spurrier went to Vinny and said, "You know...this offense is built around speed....so how 'bout some?" And then he went to Congressional to play 36.

Vinny - being Vinny - got Canidate.

And then - being Vinny - dropped this nugget to SI:

"You can't get Trung Canidate in the fourth round," Cerrato said. "That's a no-brainer."

No, Vinny. You cannot get Trung Canidate in the fourth round.

what teams does he have of chance of screwing up if he signs with them?

"John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports free-agent RB Trung Canidate (Redskins) has been in contact with several teams with an eye towards setting up workouts prior to the NFL Draft. Canidate, who has been out of action since 2003 due to a foot injury, has received a clean bill of health and has recently been timed in the mid-4.4 range during training."

I thought that this guy had retired to that place where undersized backs re-live their glory days.

Archived