Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Interesting article from an ex Eagle/Cowboy about Redskins

speedyg

Really, I saw the thread title and came in expecting a well written, well thought out article on the Skins and their wrong doings in 2006. Basically I was expecting a condensed article of what everyone in the sports world has been saying about us for the last 9 months. But I didn't even get that.

This is not "A Interesting article from an ex Eagle/Cowboy about Redskins", this was a malicious attempt to bash the franchise. Campbell looked lost? Of all the things to point out this should of been last on the list because it is no where even close to being true. Was he trying to say that he didn't have the poise of a HOF Quarterback? I don't think anybody expected him to during his first few starts. How about we reserve judgement untill he has a full season under his belt?

This article is very typical of what a homer eagle fan would write. When it comes down to it, the article was horribly put together, little stats to back up his points. I thought Jason Campbell played pretty well last year when he was the starting QB. He is only going to get better. I also love how Eagle/Giants/Cowboy fans all think Sean Taylor isn't that good. He is the man...no questions asked. I would take Taylor over Dawkins anyday! HAIL

As we know, opinions are like rectums; but until we are no longer the door mat of the NFC this is the commentary we can expect from supporters of the remainder of the NFC. I am a life-long 'Skins fan now living in the Philly area and I can tell you this: During the past decade, the Redskins have given me very little with which to defend my postition. Winning cures all.

You are absolutely right winning will solve everything!

HTTR!:logo: :logo:

"Archuletta and weren't able to utilize him because he's a safety who can hit but can't cover just like the best safety currently on their roster, Sean Taylor"

What a crock!

This whole article was terrible and the points made were completely related to only 2006. Sean Taylor can Cover, Rogers wont be terrible after 2006 and our line will be better with a middle linebacker that is proven. Smoot will be back to his old self. THe only point which is an obvious one is about Shawn Springs being old and injured. Id love to punch this guy in the ovaries and not just because he was an EX/cowgirl either. Nobody wants his lame analysis

By the way Iggles fan/author of this piece, way ta' go on the B Westbrook debacle :thumbsup:. You worry about your problems...cough cough...an injury prone qb who eats too much MSG in a can and can't stay on the field to save his life...who may not be ready to go for half of this season...plus he ain't got any weapons to throw to...Bob Marley went to the Pats...we all got problems. We'll be fine with Gibbs, lets just hope for your sake you have a qb next year. Oh I forgot, you picked up Holcomb or somebody :whoknows: for that extra bit of security :doh:

Yeah, we sucked big time last year no doubt, but never fear you'll be in the top ten on draft day in '08. Where's WhoDel? Not even he could possibly believe that you'll break .500. No way the Iggs' break .500 this year, no way in hell. Didn't say we would either, ya never know, but you guys are in a heap of sheeet the way I see it. You will have no running game b/c you won't stretch the field next year. 8 in the box all day long and everyone will just key Westbrook. Mac won't be a threat to get out of the pocket, even if he's healthy. You'll be one dimensional which will spell disaster on offense. To quote Princess Leia, "help us (Jim Johnson and his D) your' our only hope" Better hope the Iggs' look like the 2000 Ravens next year. :cheers:

With regard to us:

We have a running game and the ability to stretch the field on offense. We don't know what will happen with the defense, but I can assure you that London Fletcher won't have any b.s. like guys playing out of position and missing reads. He'll lead this D which is what was missing last year IMO. That doesn't gaurantee wins, but it's a lot better on paper than it was last year, and we haven't even started camp. See ya' on week two tweety bird. If we win, you have to stay in the LoudMouth tweety birdhouse overnight, deal? :D

HTTR

Okay lets see his arguments:

In the upcoming season, the Redskins will be depending on young signal caller Jason Campbell, who hasn't shown he can master playing the quarterback position in the National Football League.

Jason Campbell showed that he CAN master playing QB in the NFL. Look at what he did in that Giants game. 21/31 220 yards, 2 TD's 1 INT

I could name a lot of other "proven" QB's in week 17 doing worse than that. Is Jason as good as Brunell? Yes, he played better statistically in fact. Is he great? Time will tell on that.

don't know why Joe Gibbs is so in love with Mark Brunell. Brunell has been a guy with backup ability, who has been starting. I never thought I would say this about a Gibbs-coached team, but the Redskins are a joke.

Yeah. Mark Rypien was backup caliber...Doug Williams was backup caliber...Joe Theismann was maybe a little bit better than backup caliber at that stage in the NFL. Did Joe Gibbs ever need a superstar QB to lead his offense? What is this guy trying to prove? Brunell wasn't killing defenses all the time...none of Gibbs' quarterbacks were expected to do that. All they are expected to do is play mistake-free football, anything above that is great.

Although Gibbs doesn't mind throwing the ball, he is still by nature a grind it out, pound the ball head coach. The offensive coordinator, Al Saunders who was brought in last year to run the offense is a light up the sky, throw the ball type of guy. I've heard they're fighting over how the team should move the ball with a young confused quarterback in the midst of it. I'll guarantee you that owner, Daniel Snyder has his hands in there in some way. The bottom line about all of this is that, it's a mess and the Eagles should be thankful.

Okay lets see...Al Saunders' offenses love to light up the sky. You know...with 27 rushing touchdowns by Priest Holmes...or 21 the year before that, or 14 that year after that while Larry Johnson had 9...or 2005 when L.J. had 20...yeah all that Saunders ever did was throw it. 1,750 rushing yards by L.J.? 1,420 1,615 and 1,555 by Priest Holmes? Nah. Saunders never wants to run the ball. He is really fighting with Gibbs to throw it all over the place :rolleyes: What about these supposed fights? He just throws that stuff in there without explanation..."I hear that Gibbs and Saunders are fighting over..." and you know Snyder, the evil owner of the Redskins is manipulating everything behind the scenes...I mean...he must be right???

They wasted all of that money last year signing strong safety Adam Archuletta, now they've let him go and he's still hurting their salary cap situation.

Can't argue with this. Stupid move, the only part of this article that is correct and makes sense.

These idiots got Archuletta and weren't able to utilize him because he's a safety who can hit but can't cover just like the best safety currently on their roster, Sean Taylor.

What??? Okay we failed to use Archuleta, what in the hell does that have to do with Taylor, who was just fine in coverage until our brilliant safeties coach decided he wanted him to read a different thing than the corners and un-coordinate our defense singlehandedly...

This year the fools in Washington were going to switch to the end of the first round to pick up Lance Briggs, who wants so much money that it would force them to let some of their current players go. I'm not so sure Briggs would have shined in the defensive scheme which Washington employs, any way. They were even talking about going after Patriots cornerback Asante Samuel, who would have cost them 2 future first round draft picks.

The Asante Samuel thing never got past the initial talks and the Lance Briggs thing died and for all we know was never going to go through on the terms it was reported as. I don't see why or how two things that never happened, the team never commented on, and let me say again, never ended up happening prove the franchise's stupidity...

As for the draft, the Skins only have 4 o 5 picks but have holes all over their football team. They really need help on their defensive line where they can barely muster a pass rush. Give me the names of the Skins defensive line, quickly. You can't do it, because they've got nobody rushing the quarterback and nobody getting there. The lack of a pass rush exposed an awful secondary. ESPN agrees with me that the Skins need help upfront.

Uhh actually I would say that the awful secondary exposed our pass rush. Name a Redskins lineman from 2004 when we had the #3 defense in the NFL! QUICKLY!!! UTOH if you couldn't name ours from last year, excluding Andre Carter (our best d-lineman anyway), you can't name our line from 2004. Joe Salavea? Cornelius Griffin? Phillip Daniels? Renaldo Wynn? All of these guys were on the roster and on opening day 3/4 were starters for us. We ranked #3 on defense in 2004, with Wynn, Daniels, Salavea, and Griffen all playing.

2004 was also when we had a secondary of Fred Smoot, healthy Shawn Springs, Sean Taylor, and Ryan Clark/Matt Bowen. What changed more from a great defense to a terrible defense? 1 statistical upgrade on the D-Line, or a loss of one cornerback, injuries to another, coaching mistakes for the safeties, loss of a safety, addition of the WRONG safety for the system... this guy is an idiot...anyone that thinks Gregg Williams desperetly needs all stars on the D-Line to have a top-notch defense hasn't been watching the NFL for a while now.

If they send that cornerback Carlos Rogers back out there this year, I will fall out. This guy can't cover anybody in the league. He's terrible. Another cornerback Shawn Springs is old at 32 and stays injured. So they're desperately in need of a cornerback eventhough they signed Fred Smoot in free agency. Oh by the way, Smoot isn't what he used to be.

Carlos Rogers btw had a pretty good year covering people considering it was his 2nd year in the NFL, his safeties weren't giving him help when he expected it, and due to injuries he was stuck covering the other team's #1 most of the season. Yeah remember how badly Steve Smith lit him up? Wait...no you don't because Carlos shut him down that entire game basically. He had 5 catches for 34 yards and a TD that wasn't on Carlos if I recall. Harrison had 7 catches for 73 yards...decent against the best WR in the NFL imo...Colston had 7 catches for 84 yards... Owens had 3 for 19 in the 1st game, 7 for 76 in the 2nd game. Burress had 7 for 69 and 2 for 26...Torry Holt: 4 catches, 54 yards. I think Carlos did his part well enough.

Of course Carlos had his bad days. He played badly vs. the Eagles (mostly thanks to safeties not giving help when he thought they were (Thanks coaches) But he was covering #1's in his 2nd year in the NFL. I think he did a pretty good job, not a laughable one by any means last year. He is working out with Darrell Green this offseason...I get the feeling that he will be a bit better next season.

His only argument about Smoot is he isn't the player he used to be...well he wasn't the player he used to be in a different defense in Minnesota. How does he know how Fred will play back home? Maybe I could just declare that because he is back in the same defense as he was when he played his best, Fred Smoot is exactly as good as he used to be. Until we see how he performs this is all a bunch of useless crap. I'm sure this idiot said, when Jeremiah Trotter came back to the Eagles: "The Redskins didn't utilize him like we did here in Philly, now he can get back to playing like he did for us" instead of "Man Jeremiah isn't the player he used to be...look at how he did on that completely different defense!!!"

The article sounds like it was written by a 10 year old. This guy just makes a bunch of stupid, unsupported declarations about the Redskins. He takes unproven assumptions, guesses, speculation, and forms it into some sort of point...which I think was "I don't like the Redskins". We were 10-6 and in the playoffs just 2 years ago with all of these bum players and terrible problems. Why can't we do it again? Eagles go from 6-10 to 10-6 division winners. There are no sure things in the NFC East.

Why not talk about the other teams? Talk about how the Giants just lost a superstar runningback, cut half of their linebacker corps, chopped up their offensive line, Eli Manning isn't performing as well as he should and they still don't have a top notch corner or safety.

Why not talk about the doubt surrounding McNabb with his injury, the lack of a proven backup/starter in Garcia, the recent 3 million dollars to Westbrook question, the lack of a true #1 wideout, or why they spent their high draft pick last year on a guy who never really played...

Why not talk about a major change in Dallas' coaching staff- the loss of a future HOF head coach, the changes in coordinators, changes on the offensive line, while he is talking about teams with two hitters and no coverage guys at safety, maybe he would like to look up Roy Williams and Ken Hamlin. Maybe while he is at it he can talk about holes in their defense such as the fact that Anthony Henry is not an amazing #2, or hell if he wants to talk about expensive things, maybe Leonard Davis will ring a bell.

I'm not ragging on other NFC East teams I'm just saying, it's very easy to only give one side of a story and only highlight the problems of one team. This guy is a joke.

Everybody knows they took much too long to give this kid the starting job. Now they're going to have to wait until he gets all of his youthful mistakes out of his system, before they can truly contend for anything. (so it is common knowledge that a person should be the start beofre 25 games into their career at QB??)

I've heard ( have a source that you wont quote or are you just making this up?) they're fighting over how the team should move the ball with a young confused quarterback in the midst of it.

The bottom line about all of this is that, it's a mess and the Eagles should be thankful. ( as opposed to the mess with a WR and his contract, a coach and his drug addict sons, or over paying your RB $3 million)

I'm not so sure Briggs would have shined in the defensive scheme which Washington employs, any way. ( you really have studied our defensive scheme?) They were even talking about going after Patriots cornerback Asante Samuel, who would have cost them 2 future first round draft picks. ( no, no one in the redskins organization ever talked about that nor made an offer. it was just speculation on ESPN and some websites)

Give me the names of the Skins defensive line, quickly.( Daniels, Griffin, Golston, Carter) You can't do it, because they've got nobody rushing the quarterback and nobody getting there. The lack of a pass rush exposed an awful secondary. ESPN agrees with me that the Skins need help upfront. (i believe since there is no quote you just told us where you get your information and admitted to plagarism)

If they send that cornerback Carlos Rogers back out there this year, I will fall out. (of your bar stool??) This guy can't cover anybody in the league. (but he can beat guys out of the league like todd stinkston and freedie mitchell hands down) He's terrible. Another cornerback Shawn Springs is old at 32 and stays injured. ( like a certain QB who wears #5?) So they're desperately in need of a cornerback eventhough they signed Fred Smoot in free agency. Oh by the way, Smoot isn't what he used to be. (based on what?)

really its nice the guy let his 12 yr old son write on daddy's website but really he should help him with a little bit of research, quoting sources, and reinforcing points with some sort of factual basis.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

First of all, who has 0 super bowl wins?

and by the way, dont be trash talking our d-line we still have some decent players out there and Carlos Rodgers does not suck and can probably cover just as good as the CBs on the eagles...and even if we do get Lance Briggs, im sure ull feel the rush up ur QBs ass with Lamar Marshall and London Fletcher joining him...

u watch who wins next year...

wow. I knew Iggle fan was a drunk retard, but they pay this cat for his thoughts? "I'll fall out"? Are you kidding me? Its now clear why those douche bag losers are so passionate about a team, or teams, or for that matter, city that will never win a championship.

I'll tell you what. How 'bout you bunch of Rolling Rock slurping, Boston wannabee's start breaking out your old R.E.O. Speedwagon t-shirts, hop in your t-top Iroc Z28's, drive downtown and start spit polishing the liberty bell. Its the only thing in that rat-wharf town that you cheesesteak pimping losers have going for you.

That, and Ben Franklin, but he hated living there so much he moved to France.

Now crawl back in your trailors and watch 'Invincible' for the four hundred and seventy-eigth time.

:eaglesuck

Allow me to shed some light gents.

When I was in college in Philly in the mid/late 90s, this guy Garry Cobb became the weekend sports anchor at (I believe) the CBS affiliate up there. He was a backup linebacker for the eagles somewhere in the mid 80s.

My roommates and I used to laugh at how much of a boob this guy is. I mean really, he could barely stumble his way through a broadcast, constantly tripping over simple words on the teleprompter.

So this doesn't surprise me one bit. It's nothing more than warmed-over ESPN talking points that looks like it should be written in crayon.

The title of this thread is blatant false advertising. There's nothing "interesting" about this thread other than the astounding fact that someone still pays G. Cobb money to say what's on his peanut-sized mind.

Quoted for perspective on the "article."

I agree, it reads like it was written by a 12 year old, at best. If this seriously is an actual journalist(or anything resembling that) he should be ashamed. Thats just poor amature writing. I could do better.

Holes all over the football team? You mean at DLine, and.... no where else?(Talent isnt our problem, its coaching). Just really poor stuff.

Eagles fans are the worst. Trust me, I live here. There team is either the best in the league or the worst. They stand up for the worst WR corps and BOOO the hell out of possiblily the trird best QB in the league. I wish the Skins would start winning a little more, because I'm, the run your mouth and place stupid pre-season bets type of guy. I'll give the Birds a little credit. If the NFC is bad, they kind of seem to hold down the top while all the ligitamite teams (with SB trophies and storied histories) take thier time to get better.

Archived