Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why David Macklin picked the skins....

skins84

Adam Schefter just reported on NFL Total Access that Macklin is from Virginia and is a big redskins fan and chose to play in Washington for less money because he always wanted to play for coach Gibbs.

Gotta like this signing. He is definately good enough to be the dime back and take Mike Rumph's spot.

-needed this thread to clear up the questioning why Macklin chose us over the Eagles and Cheifs when they were offering more money and years.

Yes, I am very excited by this signing. I don't see a Kenny Wright or Mike Rumph in this guy at all. Quality signing and great to know he's a SKINS'S fan. Its a win-win situation. He's a lifelong and fan and he was signed to a one-year deal to a team. This means he will take the field and play with pride and he will bust his butt to get re-signed to a new contract in '08 in IMO.:applause:

Love to hear it. I think its a FANTASTIC move by the organization. People on this board keep saying we have depth at CB - we have ZERO depth at CB.

Springs is going to miss AT LEAST a couple games, if not a larger amount due to his past.

Rogers, though only in the league 2 years, shows signs of being possibly injury prone.

And other than that, we have Smoot and Jimoh. I don't know about you, but I'm NOT comfrotable with Smoot and Rogers starting with Jimoh as the nickle. With Macklin, we have (potentially) a very solid nickle/dime CB.

Great move, FO.

Love to hear it. I think its a FANTASTIC move by the organization. People on this board keep saying we have depth at CB - we have ZERO depth at CB.

Springs is going to miss AT LEAST a couple games, if not a larger amount due to his past.

Rogers, though only in the league 2 years, shows signs of being possibly injury prone.

And other than that, we have Smoot and Jimoh. I don't know about you, but I'm NOT comfrotable with Smoot and Rogers starting with Jimoh as the nickle. With Macklin, we have (potentially) a very solid nickle/dime CB.

Great move, FO.

injury prone? are you stoned? he broke his hand, alright, **** happens. Injury prone has to be at least 4 games missed a season for 3 seasons, that or he is constantly listed as probable or game time decision. Everyone who plays football is "possibly injury prone." You do realise that I HOPE.

Adding depth at corner through cheap free agency labour is a good idea for our team. Whether Macklin is good enough to play as our nickel corner is besides the point. He's got starting experience in this league and in my mind we can't afford to rely on a rookier corner who is drafted in April to contribute come September in the even that a guy like Springs goes down for an extended period of time. There is a better sense of comfort with Macklin there.

Rogers and Smoot are still younger players so the need to start developing a young corner who is drafted in the middle rounds isn't necessary just yet. Afterall, we are developing our young corner as we speak...this name is Carlos Rogers and was a top 10 pick. :)

There is youth in the secondary, there is a young linebacker in MacIntosh who will hopefully be a key part of our future core, we have a relatively young group of receivers and running backs, a young QB, and budding star at TE. We are old in the trenches on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball.

With all the fluff and spectacle that follows the Redskins in the national media in terms of rumours, your head will start to spin.

CJ will not be a Redskin, neither will Russell, neither will LaRon Landry.

When all is said and done at the end of April, we will disappoint many because we won't make the high profile sexy pick. Instead, we'll continue our pattern of SMART moves in '07 and draft on the d-line by staying at 6, and adding o-line prospects in later rounds...boring, but simple and right.

We'll look back and some of us will realize how stupid we've been for wasting our time even mentioning the names, CJ, Briggs etc.

Just my opinion when you look at the age of our club at different positions. And if you happen to believe Joe Gibbs and trust that he wants to ensure that the team is in good shape once he leaves, there is no reason to believe otherwise.

Disspell the myths.

Archived