Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why David Macklin picked the skins....

skins84

Adam Schefter just reported on NFL Total Access that Macklin is from Virginia and is a big redskins fan and chose to play in Washington for less money because he always wanted to play for coach Gibbs.

Gotta like this signing. He is definately good enough to be the dime back and take Mike Rumph's spot.

-needed this thread to clear up the questioning why Macklin chose us over the Eagles and Cheifs when they were offering more money and years.

Thanks for the info.....and please don't excuse yourself for making a new thread...Who the hell wants to skim through the others? :cheers:

While you’re laughing, hell, I know a CB that played up at Howard University that would have put that one up on the board. Like Bethea, a Howard grad, who was a rookie last year and started in the Super Bowl and now has a ring. Laugh at that. Cerrato and his BS.

You're from NN aren't you? Bethea went to my school. He came in to talk to my math and english teachers. Shook his hand, he seemed like a really nice guy. Very humble, despite being a super bowl champion.

As far as I am concerned, it is a double win. He played for Joe Pa in college and now he is coming to play for Joe G. This guy will have played for two of the greatest, IMO. I always like it when we get Penn State defensive guys, ie Arrington. They seem to have a good work ethic and want to win. I know some will disagree, but that is why I say IMO.

Good depth signing, I don't see it as any more than that. It's good that it seems that Macklin is a quality character guy also. Not too often do you see FAs take the lowest offer. Nice to see someone pick us based on the situation and not the big contract.

Like mentioned before, we can sign every CB available, trade for Samuel, but if our pass rush doesn't improve, it will have no benefit for us.

I love the fact that he picked The Redskins out of passion. It means a lot. I welcome him with open arms. However, I am going to take a Wait And See attitude on how much he improves us. Lessons from getting excited about Kenny Wright can't be ignored.

I can't believe none of you think this is precursor to a trade of Springs, 6 overall, and our first rounder next year in order to get a red carpet for CJ to walk in on.

Well, let me try to connect the dots...

--DET already tried to trade for Springs before, so they value him. Also, since DEN didn't trade a CB back for him, it's a need position for the Lions.

--There's already been noise that the Redskins front office isn't particularly enamored with the Def. line people available at #6 (esp. Branch), & Gibbs has already admitted that he's talked with "a couple of teams" about trading up.

--An ESPN rumor is floating around that Millen really wants Gaines Adams (who should be available at #6), and, after his last 3 #1 picks, he just can't take CJ at #2 and expect to keep his job.

--We now have Smoot, Rogers, Macklin and Jimoh along with Springs, with Leigh Torrance & John Eubanks on the PS. quite a few corners on the roster...

--There's still the possibility that Springs was a source for the damning WP article that came out at the end of the year. Springs has been less than confident that he will be on the Redskins roster for this upcoming season, as well.

Yeah, I could see where you could get that idea. Still not buying it, though.

Archived