Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Upgraded to lower deck!

SkinsNatsFan

Just curious, but how much do season tickets cost here once you get them? Upper level that is? Also, is there any other fees (here in Charlotte, they have to pay for the seat license, then the tickets)?

The late owner of the Skins, Jacke Kent Cooke, vowed to never charge Skins fans for PSL's. (personal seat liscences) The $50 a seat fee's arent PSL's by any means that Snyder is charging now for new ticket holders. Think they started that 2 years ago or so though.

JKC will be remembered forever

Nice. Now you'll get a better view of opponents shredding up our defense with the huge gaps in the defensive line. Glad you'll get good seats though!

The pessimism is killing me it is not over yet just wait and then complain later if you must not that I want to hear it.

Just a shot in the dark......but perhaps you should call the ticket office. :doh:

Thanks for the sarcastic answer, I totally deserved that. How even in the company of people who are friends and fellow fans of the same team you can manage to be a complete jerk off is beyond me. Thanks for the answer anyway.

I'll bet there are other similar histories out there.

On another note, I pulled up the virtual view of the seats from redskins.com and left it on the screen. I told my son, who's generally as completely expressionless as any 15 year old boy can be, to go over and take a look at the screen. He just sat there and repeated, "Are you serious?! Are you kidding? You're kidding, right? Are you serious!?", over and over. It was absolutely priceless. :)

SkinsNats, that's a good one. I'm glad to see the FO do right by a long tenured fan.

Thanks for the sarcastic answer, I totally deserved that. How even in the company of people who are friends and fellow fans of the same team you can manage to be a complete jerk off is beyond me. Thanks for the answer anyway.

Hey....I didn't post the stupid question on the board...and I gave you the correct answer....and yes it was sarcastic....you deserved it for posting a question with such an OBVIOUS answer.

And you, my friend, resorted to the name calling....not me....which I also could have done given such a stupid question....but I didn't.

Thank you Redskins ticket office!

I was upgraded from the upper deck down to the lower. No obstructions, no Tailgate Club or Touchdown Club, just a straight upper deck to lower deck upgrade.

It sounds like they’re focusing on long time ticket holders. We’ve had tickets in the family since 1937. Obviously the Touchdown and Tailgate clubs still exist, but they’re not the only way to get to the lower deck.

>> BTW, have you checked on the whereabouts of your first born yet?? :laugh:

best way to get your ticket location upgraded? call, and call often, my dad got moved from nosebleed down to the 20 yard line very quicky. A lot of people tend to get "lost in the system" but my dad was persistent and got moved very quickly. He waited 20 years for tickets, but over the last 3-4 years of waiting, he called a lot, and got moved into seats, when he got seats, he called a lot, and every year we got moved closer.

best way to get your ticket location upgraded? call, and call often, my dad got moved from nosebleed down to the 20 yard line very quicky. A lot of people tend to get "lost in the system" but my dad was persistent and got moved very quickly. He waited 20 years for tickets, but over the last 3-4 years of waiting, he called a lot, and got moved into seats, when he got seats, he called a lot, and every year we got moved closer.

That's what it sounded like they were moving away from. It sounds like its more important now to have the payment in on time for an upgrade than it is to hound them until they move you. It looks like they're trying to work with everyone, rather than just those that are in their face, so hopefully there are less people who are "lost in the system".

Back in 2002-03 when I was in section 401, I called the TO about relocation to the LL. I figured that I'd have a better chance than most b/c I already had the best seats that the UL had to offer, plus an account dating back to Griffith Stadium.

After fielding my name, account # and general question, the receptionist transfered me to a Tailgate Club rep. to answer my questions about the possibility of relocation to the lower level.

The rep. told me that I could put my name on a request list for relocation if I didn't want to join the TG Club. Needless to say, they never called me w/ an offer to move down.

I guess there's is no priority as to where your current seats are in the UL.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd document that the thread starter is not alone in being invited to move downstairs.

I received a letter a couple weeks ago inviting me to move downstairs. They were inviting me to move from 446 to 135 -- a straight "upgrade" so to speak. They were going to put me in Row 21, IIRC. Since I'm already lucky enough to be in Row 1 upstairs, and since the relocation would put me in a back corner instead of the mid corner I'm in now, and since moving downstairs would cost me roughly $450 more every year, I declined the offer.

Man, that is great to hear that they're goind this at least. I called late last week and found out I moved from row 12 to row 7 in the UL which is a huge jump. I've got to think it has more to do with soft demand than anything else though.

Man, that is great to hear that they're goind this at least. I called late last week and found out I moved from row 12 to row 7 in the UL which is a huge jump. I've got to think it has more to do with soft demand than anything else though.

That's a nice move up. What section are you in and when was your last upgrade?

Section 422. I think this is my 4th or 5th season and I have moved up every year except the second. Last year it was two rows. The year before it was 3 which ended up costing me a couple of hundred bucks as I moved down below row 15. I think I started out in row 19. While 12 rows doesn't sound like much, I have to admit the view is much better.

While 12 rows doesn't sound like much, I have to admit the view is much better.

It really is astonshing how moving down just that much really improves the view. I have gone down from the second to last row to row 12 over time, and the view is unbelievably better.

Section 422. I think this is my 4th or 5th season and I have moved up every year except the second. Last year it was two rows. The year before it was 3 which ended up costing me a couple of hundred bucks as I moved down below row 15. I think I started out in row 19. While 12 rows doesn't sound like much, I have to admit the view is much better.

This is my fifth season. I started in row 21 and moved down 7 rows in 2004. I've been there until this year, when I was moved two seats to my right (closer to the 50).

I'll be looking for familiar faces in my section to see if they have moved.

How did you get moved every year? I'm so jealous! This is my 4th year having season tix. I've only moved once, and that was b/c the first year my seats weren't together and they'd promised I'd get 4 seats together the next year. But last year, no move. I'm hoping I'll get moved down and over at least a little this year.

Did they call you to tell you that you'd moved or did you have to call them to find out?

But you're right, it makes a huge difference how far back you are even within the same section.

I just called the ticket office myself, I moved from row 28 down to row 27, same seats, just a row lower. This will be my second year of having season tickets. I also asked about parking passes, but they have not done that yet.

Archived